Are we all just sheep

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

sheep

Post by metsofny » Jun Wed 11, 2008 1:47 am

Yes I agree, people can be sheep. In stores sometimes when I'm looking at a item for puchase that no own else is looking at all of a sudden more than a few start gathering around, looky lous, they're sometimes called.

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Jun Thu 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Around after the fireworks, that is the time when you notice that people are like sheeps.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jun Thu 12, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm posting a new Thread with the Sheeple in mind. viewtopic.php?p=69725#69725
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Jan Fri 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Baaaaa...

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Jan Tue 12, 2010 8:54 am

I dont think that people are sheep. I just think they are uninformed. When you are traveling across the country (and sometimes the world), its hard to know exactly what to do once you get to your destination. I dont care how many books you have read, or how many times you watched Samantha Brown talk about her favorite Disney experiences, the mere scope of the property can be very overwhelming for someone that has never been or doesnt come to the parks very often. And instead of standing around looking like a lost tourist, people have a tendency to follow other groups hoping that they will get them to the right place.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jan Tue 12, 2010 10:39 am

Peerless83 wrote:I dont think that people are sheep. I just think they are uninformed. When you are traveling across the country (and sometimes the world), its hard to know exactly what to do once you get to your destination. I dont care how many books you have read, or how many times you watched Samantha Brown talk about her favorite Disney experiences, the mere scope of the property can be very overwhelming for someone that has never been or doesnt come to the parks very often. And instead of standing around looking like a lost tourist, people have a tendency to follow other groups hoping that they will get them to the right place.
There is definitely truth to that. You see it in airports all the time.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 19, 2010 4:11 pm

I've seen this happen a lot before and it is amusing. People tend to be followers, especially when they are tired, in an unfamiliar location, and their feet are hurting. I have tried the veer left into line theory and have found that doesn't always work - I figure most people have heard that theory and are already going to the left. It would make for a fun research project to stand in different places at the parks and see how many people you can get to form a queue behind you.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Fri 19, 2010 4:33 pm

But DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! I just call them lemmings! It's like when there are two turn lanes and everybody is one and nobody is in the other one. Then people want to complain about the crowds!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sun 21, 2010 4:18 pm

SWHorn wrote::mrgreen: Awesome post. I laughed.

And I completely agree. What's really fun is to ask someone what the line they are standing in is for just to find out they don't know.
:lol: This reminded me of one of the best stories I've ever heard. This did not happen from it - I read it on another message board. The family always rented a large van/bus type vehicle whenever they go to WDW, so they usually direct them to the front parking lot at the MK. They said they always noticed people watching them load up whenever they left the parks, so one time for fun the family lined up by the van while the dad unlocked it and all. Sure enough, about 10-15 other people came and lined up behind them. They had all kinds of crazy answers for where they thought they were going before the family told them that none of them could ride with them because it was just a family going back to the hotel. :lol:

pixiesparkles

Post by pixiesparkles » Apr Thu 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Oh my....sooooo funny. I would have loved to actually see that happen. You are right...people reallly don't pay enough attentiion to what is going on around them.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I love standing somewhere, shading my eyes looking up...no pointing or anything...then I'll just walk away.

It's amazing how many people I see when I leave that are trying to see what I was looking at! :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Thu 22, 2010 12:29 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I love standing somewhere, shading my eyes looking up...no pointing or anything...then I'll just walk away.

It's amazing how many people I see when I leave that are trying to see what I was looking at! :lol:

I've done that in Mid-Town Manhattan. It's pretty funny.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Are we all just sheep

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Tue 15, 2010 6:31 pm

I noticed that when I carry my passporter in my hand or when people see me writeing in it they croud around more then without. A specific time I remeber we were on the disney transport on the way to epcot. I was giving everybody in my party a sticky note with our adr times and numbers and other info that might be important that day. When we got off the bus the family that sat next to us followed us the whole day. They went on all of the attractions right behind us and stayed with us for most of the day. We started talking with them quite a bit, it turned out they don't want to have to worry about what to do or how to get there so every day they go to a park they find people who look like they know what their doing and follow them. :) sheep who know their sheep at least

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Tue 15, 2010 10:52 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:I noticed that when I carry my passporter in my hand or when people see me writeing in it they croud around more then without. A specific time I remeber we were on the disney transport on the way to epcot. I was giving everybody in my party a sticky note with our adr times and numbers and other info that might be important that day. When we got off the bus the family that sat next to us followed us the whole day. They went on all of the attractions right behind us and stayed with us for most of the day. We started talking with them quite a bit, it turned out they don't want to have to worry about what to do or how to get there so every day they go to a park they find people who look like they know what their doing and follow them. :) sheep who know their sheep at least
That's really funny!!! At least they admit it! :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 16, 2010 6:07 am

boilerbabe wrote:
northernmousefan2007 wrote:I noticed that when I carry my passporter in my hand or when people see me writeing in it they croud around more then without. A specific time I remeber we were on the disney transport on the way to epcot. I was giving everybody in my party a sticky note with our adr times and numbers and other info that might be important that day. When we got off the bus the family that sat next to us followed us the whole day. They went on all of the attractions right behind us and stayed with us for most of the day. We started talking with them quite a bit, it turned out they don't want to have to worry about what to do or how to get there so every day they go to a park they find people who look like they know what their doing and follow them. :) sheep who know their sheep at least
That's really funny!!! At least they admit it! :wink:
That is a little weird :? :shock: That was kind of you to befriend them for the day though :D