Are we all just sheep

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Feb Tue 26, 2008 9:05 am

One of the rules of touring in the Unoffical Guide is to always pick the left line. I generally follow that rule, except on POTC if I notice a bunch of people going in the left line ahead of me. Of course, the other rule that I follow BEFORE I even get to the park is to go during slow times --- then there is only 1 line open at POTC. :)

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Feb Tue 26, 2008 11:28 am

JS3901 can attest to how well I do in avoiding going with the crowd. I am very very sneaky. JS, are you exercising for our trip in Dec.? I learned at an early age that I have to weave in and out of people to get to where I'm going. As I like to say "I walk with a purpose" unlike many people I see who "walk without purpose".
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Feb Tue 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:JS3901 can attest to how well I do in avoiding going with the crowd. I am very very sneaky. JS, are you exercising for our trip in Dec.? I learned at an early age that I have to weave in and out of people to get to where I'm going. As I like to say "I walk with a purpose" unlike many people I see who "walk without purpose".
This sounds just like my husband. It's all well and great for him. It's when I can't keep up and follow through the same holes that it's a problem. ;)
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Feb Tue 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:JS3901 can attest to how well I do in avoiding going with the crowd. I am very very sneaky. JS, are you exercising for our trip in Dec.? I learned at an early age that I have to weave in and out of people to get to where I'm going. As I like to say "I walk with a purpose" unlike many people I see who "walk without purpose".
Im with you Dr. Ravenscroft I move thru the parks with a vison and mind for effiency. Its so rare that I get to go I will not waste one ounce of time not for anyone. Plus at the end of the day I sleep all that much better:)

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Feb Tue 26, 2008 5:59 pm

yeah, that boy can sure slink through the crowds. lost him once or twice to find him several paces ahead when we were right next to each other not 30 seconds before.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Feb Wed 27, 2008 8:59 am

I'm with you guys --- there's a reason I go to the parks and its not to stand around and look at the map. As my girls say, when I walk through the gates, I "put on my Disney legs" and things happen "at Disney speed." Of course, they use this terminology out in the real world whenever I rush them through somewhere. Poor things.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Wed 27, 2008 11:12 am

I seem to find a hidden speed also when I am there. One thing that just aggrivates me when i am there...those kids that have the wheels in their shoes! They are always cutting me off, or causing other people to bump ino eachother. I knwo when I was working there back in 2001 we had to constantly tell kids "No skating in the park!"
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » Feb Wed 27, 2008 11:30 am

yodiwan1 wrote:I seem to find a hidden speed also when I am there. One thing that just aggrivates me when i am there...those kids that have the wheels in their shoes! They are always cutting me off, or causing other people to bump ino eachother. I knwo when I was working there back in 2001 we had to constantly tell kids "No skating in the park!"
Those skate shoes are such a big pet peeve for us. The kids that wear them always "skate" at the most inopportune times, and it is so irritating when they run into people. I guess I should be sad for them that they don't have parents who care whether they kill themselves or not.
Arrrrrr.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Wed 27, 2008 11:58 am

Those skate shoes are such a big pet peeve for us. The kids that wear them always "skate" at the most inopportune times, and it is so irritating when they run into people. I guess I should be sad for them that they don't have parents who care whether they kill themselves or not.
wow we finally agreed on something!!! I knew we'd finally get along somwhere, lol :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce: :wave: :figment:
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » Feb Wed 27, 2008 12:50 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:
wow we finally agreed on something!!! I knew we'd finally get along somwhere, lol :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce: :wave: :figment:
:lol: :D

No, I think we've always agreed that WDW is awesome! ;)
Arrrrrr.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Mon 03, 2008 2:52 pm

I once walked all the way up to the Haunted Mansion porch (at DL) by taking the right line while the left line was about a 20 minute wait. We just kept zig zagging through the queue while everyone stared at us. It was awesome.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Mar Tue 04, 2008 1:58 am

In DL, there are a couple of tricks I've learned over the years:

- If you're in Downtown Disney, don't walk all the way back to the park and stand in line for the security checkpoint - take the monorail, which never has a line for the security checkpoint. It'll drop you right down into Tomorrowland.

- If you're buying tickets, go across the Esplanade from the Mickey & Friends side to the Timon & Pumba tram side - the lines are always half as long because almost everyone parks in the Mickey structure and then gets in the first ticket line they come to.

- The walkway behind the Carnation Plaza that drops you off by Rancho Del Zocolo is your friend. It is also home to some of the least used bathrooms in the park.

- Don't be sheep!

See you at Disneyland! :wave:
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Tue 04, 2008 2:37 am

saritajuanita wrote: - The walkway behind the Carnation Plaza that drops you off by Rancho Del Zocolo is your friend. It is also home to some of the least used bathrooms in the park.
I can't speak for DLR on the walkways thing, but I can for WDW. The path in MK between Mickey's ToonTown and Tomorrowland is one of the most peaceful places in the park. we walked it several times in December 2006, and we saw all of 6 people on it at most (besides the 2 of us). No one seems to know about it, as they're too busy following each other like herded cattle though the main entrances.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Leigh » Mar Tue 04, 2008 11:06 am

No one should ever get in line behind me b/c I always pick the wrong one.

I picked a young security guard at the entrance to Epcot and he looked in every single section of my diaper bag and fanny pack. I mean give me a break. After that I started picking the older gentlemen -- they seemed more cheerful, chatty and the inspection was cursory. Love that!

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » Mar Tue 04, 2008 10:51 pm

horizons1 wrote:I once walked all the way up to the Haunted Mansion porch (at DL) by taking the right line while the left line was about a 20 minute wait. We just kept zig zagging through the queue while everyone stared at us. It was awesome.
Like at HM in WDW, I hate doing this because people think you are cutting in line. But, when there isn't a single file line and you are supposed to fill in all available space, then that is what I am going to do.
Arrrrrr.