Favorite Non-Standard Picture Spots

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Sockdoodle
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Favorite Non-Standard Picture Spots

Post by Sockdoodle » Feb Sat 23, 2008 1:28 am

Not sure if this has already been asked, but it would be neat to hear about everyone's favorite picture sites, especially those that have not been 'recommended' by Disney (ie. those that are covered by Photopass photographers).

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Sat 23, 2008 9:31 am

i love taking pics at any of the all-star resorts, especialy pop century with the larger than life toys. DTD is also a great place, with the lego people and the figures outside some of the stores.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Feb Sat 23, 2008 10:56 am

Try trick photography - "holding up" Spaceship Earth (can be done directly underneath or in World Showcase), "holding up" the monorail track, in front of the Snow White Scary Adventure's queue with the crowns on the poles on tops of your family heads - tons of really creative opportunities!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

TheCheshireStitch
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Feb Mon 25, 2008 1:00 am

my hubby and i like to take pics in a few areas of wdw that people might not think about:

at the poly, especially in front of all the foliage/waterfalls in the grand ceremonial house, in front of the lady and the tramp fountain at tony's town square, and on the monorail, just goofing around.
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

YZFDonor
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by YZFDonor » Feb Mon 25, 2008 10:33 am

and on the monorail, just goofing around.
Wasn't there someone else who did this in the past?? Hmm, what was her name?

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Feb Mon 25, 2008 10:39 am

My favorite one is taking a picture of the Carousel of Progress sign since it has the year on it. I only wish I started doing this when I was younger. So far I have 2005, 2007, & 2008. I was lucky enough to catch 2008 already on my last day in the Magic Kingdom on 1/3.

I guess it'll be good to look at when I say go to Disney World when I'm 40.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

TheCheshireStitch

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Feb Mon 25, 2008 11:22 am

packwingfn, i never noticed that! my hubby loves the carousel of progress, and i bet he'll love this new tradition. thanks for the tip!

yzf: who are you talking about? am i missing something? lol
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Feb Mon 25, 2008 9:27 pm

packwingfn wrote:My favorite one is taking a picture of the Carousel of Progress sign since it has the year on it. I only wish I started doing this when I was younger. So far I have 2005, 2007, & 2008. I was lucky enough to catch 2008 already on my last day in the Magic Kingdom on 1/3.

I guess it'll be good to look at when I say go to Disney World when I'm 40.
I personally have 2002, 2003 and 2006. the 2002 one was downloaded from some site (I forget which) so it has some enhancment on it. but, you're right. it's a great picture to document years.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Feb Mon 25, 2008 9:56 pm

I like trying to take pictures of the castle when it's a certain color scheme at night. The combination of purple, blue, and pink is really pretty. I can never get it just right, though.

And then there's the letters in front of DCA.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Feb Thu 28, 2008 3:15 am

We always try to take a picture sitting on 'our' bench in the hub (where my husband and I got engaged). It makes an interesting collection with a personal significance. I like to take pictures of people on (non-dark! ;) ) rides too (like, while I'm on them too). It works best on ones where you can face one another, like the Peoplemover and the Teacups, but if you're flexible and can hold onto the camera you can get some neat shots. I also have an (unusually) large collection of pictures of ceilings. Disney puts a lot of detail into some of their ceilings (the Circlevision in China, CRT, Morocco, parts of the Polynesian, and so on..).
AKLRULZ wrote:Try trick photography - "holding up" Spaceship Earth (can be done directly underneath or in World Showcase), "holding up" the monorail track, in front of the Snow White Scary Adventure's queue with the crowns on the poles on tops of your family heads - tons of really creative opportunities!
I love doing this, but the pictures never come out right. Photoshop to the rescue!
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Feb Thu 28, 2008 9:02 am

On a solo trip, I took pictures of as many Hidden Mickeys as I could find. It was so much fun! Granted, people that didn't know about Hidden Mickey's looked at me strange as I was taking some of the pictures.... alone... lol. One of my favorites is taking a picture of Cindy's fountain at such an angle so that the crown appears to be on her head.

Gosh, I could go on forever..... each trip, I come home with over 1000 pictures and that is AFTER deleting the bad ones.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Feb Thu 28, 2008 10:38 am

I have pictures of me on every ride in the MK that I rode that day (and it was a lot of rides).....That was a fun day!
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Sat 01, 2008 6:01 pm

We like to "hold up" Spaceship Earth, other than that, pictures at the Poly, the foliage is so beautiful there. You can also take pics. on the beach with the MK in the background!!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Mar Sat 01, 2008 10:10 pm

packwingfn wrote:I have pictures of me on every ride in the MK that I rode that day (and it was a lot of rides).....That was a fun day!
Ooh, this reminds me of another one. One year, I took a little Stitch plushie I have (he has a Hawaiian shirt on), and we took pictures of Stitch's Day in the Magic Kingdom, with him on rides, eating fries, watching the parade, etc. We did this a few times that trip, so we have Stitch in Epcot drinking a lager, and Stitch, my husband and I in one of those pictures you can get at MGM of you in a Star Wars scene (Stitch is Luke, my hubby's Han and I'm Leia). The CMs got quite a kick out of that. Makes for a very memorable album.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Mar Sun 02, 2008 11:26 am

^Your Stitch reminds me of what I do with a little Shaun the Sheep. He's just the perfect pocket size and he's gotten in all sorts of mischief while in pictures. He'll eat our food and stand on the "No Standing" signs and see if he's tall enough to ride. Best of all, he always takes a great picture with no red eye!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.