Fantasmic! Walt Disney World or Disneyland

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Apr Mon 05, 2010 7:30 pm

I have only seen the WDW version. From what I heard though, the DL one is better.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 05, 2010 8:14 pm

I like them both, they each have their own unique qualities that make them enjoyable. However, I do like being able to sit to enjoy Fantasmic in WDW. That beats standing, and standing, :roll: and standing while waiting for, and then during, the show in DL.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Like them both, but DL wins because of Peter Pan's fight. i think it beat Radcliffe's scene hands down.

Enchantment
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Enchantment » Apr Tue 06, 2010 11:30 pm

We look forward to seeing it every visit at WDW, and we love it! Especially while waiting the audience does "The WAVE"!!! Classic! :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Wed 07, 2010 12:38 pm

IMHO DL's Fantasmic is far superior to WDW. WDW's does feel smaller due to that ampitheater area, it has too many villians at the end (just becomes a mess), doesn't have Murphy, and replaced the Peter Pan vs. Captain Hook with a boring montage from Pocahontas.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Murphy alone blows the competition out of the water! Even if she's only around for a few seconds! I'm interested in what TDS is going to do for their version of Fantasmic!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Wed 07, 2010 1:07 pm

mindflipper wrote: doesn't have Murphy
Forgive me, what is Murphy?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Murphy is the nickname given to the new dragon in the show. She was nicknamed after "Murphy's Law"...everything that can go wrong, will.

She was set to debut early last summer, however due to her "stage fright" among other technical mumbo-jumbo...she wouldn't work. Finally in September, she made her grand debut!

http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/09/05/ ... mes-alive/

I don't have access to my pictures, so these were the ones I could find quickly. I also noticed that there is a very blurry picture of one of Ursula's eels that swims through at one point in the show. They were also new last year.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 07, 2010 3:09 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I'm interested in what TDS is going to do for their version of Fantasmic!
Whatever TDL does, it will be Fantasmic for sure! :lol: I've been hanging around Jacca too long :roll:
Seriously though, their show will be awesome, they do things right over there and spare no expense...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 07, 2010 3:13 pm

From what I read on the D23 site, apparently there is going to be a spread about it in the summer edition of the magazine! :shock: I can hardly contain myself.... :mrgreen:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 08, 2010 12:44 pm

I posted this on another thread, but I figured it belongs here too...

Another difference between the two that I like is in DL you can view the show from various angles, so you don't always see the same show. My favorite spot is in the smoking section by the rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island. Granted, I don't smoke, and if it's crowded I won't stand in a puff of smoke to view the show, but because you are right in front and at the tail end of the "parade" you see things a little differently and get personal love from the characters as they are on the Mark Twain. It's cool, but the one drawback is you can't see Pinoochio, so I don't reccomend it for anyone who hasn't seen the show. Another spot I like (and this is because I like behind the scenes stuff) is by the Hungry Bear Restaurant.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 08, 2010 4:39 pm

MmeLeota wrote:From what I read on the D23 site, apparently there is going to be a spread about it in the summer edition of the magazine! :shock: I can hardly contain myself.... :mrgreen:
Do you know where you can buy just the magazine? ~ since I doubt I will renew my D23 membership this year...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 08, 2010 8:25 pm

I think the subscription to the magazine is almost as expensive....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 08, 2010 8:26 pm

mindflipper wrote:I think the subscription to the magazine is almost as expensive....
Oh :? well, I have until next month to decide...Oh, how I wish I lived closer to Cali...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 08, 2010 8:31 pm

I've been jonesing for a bit of DLR myself.

MmeLeota: last time I did DLR Fantasmic was from a restaurant area along the Rivers of Americas. Can't remember the name (would need to consult a map to look it up) but it had some outside tables and chairs you could view the show. A couple we had never met invited us to join them at their table (it had a better view) and we all watched it together. The view was great and the company was good too! Made the entertainment experience a "social event". :mickey: