Nicholas Cage wants "National Treasure" ride

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Jan Wed 09, 2008 11:37 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:Maybe Liberty Square can have a new E-Ticket. :D Although I'm imagining something more like Posidon's Fury at IoE. "A secret passage has been found in the basement of the Hall of Presidesnts. Join the exploration of these lost chambers with Nicolas Cage (I forgot the character's name) as you search for National Treaure!" Although how it will fit in Liberty Square I'm not certain.
I agree with mageloff, that's an awesome idea! I also like that it's "In the basement" of the HoP. It's great for telling a story. I also think it would be beneficial from a practical standpoint, as for refurbishments or if it doesn't do well, they could probably shut it down without too much trouble and people might not even notice that it's not running (unlike if you have an Indy-type ride shut down, everyone will notice).

mageloff
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by mageloff » Jan Wed 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Interesting - my wife and I actually watched National Treasure last night. Something I had forgotten about in the way of a very significant difference between Indy and Mr. Gates - Gates is very American and patriotic where as Indy is not.
Nick

Jambo Wilson! Simba One is entering the reserve at Little Ituri Forest.

Mandi
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Mandi » Jan Tue 15, 2008 7:22 am

i think it wxwould be great for the french park!!!

as you already have indiana jones adventures.... we should have a benjamin gates adventure!!!

as our indiana jones coaster isn't really great (it had to be temporary... till 15 years...)) we should have it instaed.

but not in the us parks as it would be the same than indiana ones adventures

jenhen27
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jenhen27 » Jan Tue 22, 2008 10:33 am

When I read this post I immediatley thought of Liberty Square. I think it would be a great tie-in. Although I think the basement idea is neat I think it might interfere with the utilidoors. I could be wrong of course.

I was actually thinking of putting something on Tom Sawyer's Island. It would have one of the coolest ride queues because you would have to cross water to get to the ride. And as far as jumbling up the ride queue, there are plenty of rides that do this: Haunted Mansion, Rock n' Roller Coaster, TOT... The island really needs an overhaul. I don't think it's all that popular and Aunt Polly's only opened seasonall anyway. It would be great to have another draw to that area of the park to disburse the crowds a bit.

Now, about the ride/attraction itself... I just can't decide. I don't think it should be a roller coaster. But I don't think it should just be a straight dark ride either. The island is already a walk through. They could alter the walk through and have you search for treasure. We already search for paint brushes anyway... :mickey:

CDAbleson
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by CDAbleson » Jan Thu 24, 2008 9:27 am

The studios in WDW could really use a boost from a such an attraction....Maybe back in the Catastrophe Canyon area.....

mageloff

Post by mageloff » Jan Thu 24, 2008 9:44 am

CDAbleson, I agree... Catastrophe Canyon is about due for retirement! :idea:
Nick

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Jan Thu 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:Maybe Liberty Square can have a new E-Ticket. :D Although I'm imagining something more like Posidon's Fury at IoE. "A secret passage has been found in the basement of the Hall of Presidesnts. Join the exploration of these lost chambers with Nicolas Cage (I forgot the character's name) as you search for National Treaure!" Although how it will fit in Liberty Square I'm not certain.?)
Dude, awesome idea! Boat ride? Maybe re-task the Presidents? Something a la POTC? Okay. That was a joke. Or was it...?
Cheshire Cat wrote: That's why I'm describing it as "in the basement" of the Hall of Presidents. Although, I don't know much about colonial architecture. Did they have basements?)
The Alamo does.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jan Mon 28, 2008 10:20 am

Wow, a ride in Liberty Square. Now that's a great idea! It would have to fit right in with the theming though (they don't even have bathrooms in Liberty Square because of the lack of indoor plumbing during that time!). Still, that would be a perfect fit for some sort of ride.

National Treasure has made me more interested in American history than ever before. I love it when Disney makes learning an adventure!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

mageloff

Post by mageloff » Jan Mon 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Esmeralda, Disney sure does make it interesting... I think it is bizzare how now that we are out of school and don't have to learn, we find it interesting too! I have always loved the American Adventure at Epcot, a tour through history and it is also a lot of fun.
Nick

jiminycricket

Post by jiminycricket » Feb Mon 04, 2008 8:30 pm

I think National Treasure has been a huge success at the movies and it deserves a ride or an attraction in honor of it! To me, the sequel was much,much better than the second and third parts of Pirates trilogy. NT keeps your attention. Our 8 and 5 year old loved both movies. They were educationally and Ben Gates is a great character.

mageloff

Post by mageloff » Feb Tue 05, 2008 12:04 pm

jiminycricket, sounds awesome - I look forward to seeing it!
Nick

indysoarin19
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by indysoarin19 » Feb Tue 12, 2008 3:59 pm

I don't see where a NT ride would fit in Disneyland. Possibly out by Big Thunder Ranch? However, I can definitely see it for Liberty Square or the Studios at WDW. Time will tell.
Fixing cars as an Autopian mechanic!

mageloff

Post by mageloff » Feb Tue 12, 2008 6:04 pm

indysoarin19, I agree DL is just a bit land locked! :mickey:
Nick

stinoi

Post by stinoi » Feb Thu 14, 2008 11:52 pm

Given the storyline of NT, I think the most appropriate place is Liberty Square, if they can make that work. I LOVE the idea of HoP basement! Y'all are so creative.

luv2cthemouse

Post by luv2cthemouse » Mar Fri 21, 2008 3:01 pm

I would like to see it, but more as a partial thrill in the dark and not a super-thrill. No huge hills or loops and not a fly-by.