Your First Disney Ride

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Sun 01, 2008 2:31 pm

It was in (WDW) 1975, I was 15. It was the sky buckets. We went on that first so we could see the park and get an idea of what we had in front of us. We started at Space Mountain!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jul Thu 31, 2008 4:03 pm

You know, this is an amazing question to me, because I can't believe I have no memory of which show or ride was first. My first time at WDW was in 1972 over Thanksgiving weekend. This question came from out of left field for me and I'm laughing in disbelief that I can't remember, even though the memory of doing all the different shows and rides is very clear.

snugglyevil

Post by snugglyevil » Aug Sat 09, 2008 9:25 pm

First Disney ride? I think it may have been the swan boats. I was 6yrs old at the time. It was either that or It's A Small World. My mom is not a fan of most rides. Those were ones of the very few she'd go on. heh

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Aug Sun 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Dumbo was my first ride. And my second. And third .... and twentieth. According to my parents, when I got there, ALL I DID THE ENTIRE DAY was Dumbo. <_<
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sun 10, 2008 2:02 pm

I don't recall my first Disney ride but I think it was It's a Small World. I can't even remember.

wedimagineer
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by wedimagineer » Aug Tue 19, 2008 2:24 am

Disneyland RR

djdevon817
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by djdevon817 » Aug Tue 26, 2008 9:31 pm

Wow... I have to consult with mom and dad on this one... I was about 10 when we visited the first time in '92. I would imagine we went to MK, but I just don't remember. I'll have to rack their brains. Something tells me they won't remember though.

I do remember what our last ride was SUPPOSED to be. We headed back to MK for one last ride on Pirates before heading to the airport. But it was closed (temporarily) for some reason... a break down I'd guess.

Pirates remains my favorite to this day. (Although Soarin' is an awfully close second!)

jacksparrow
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by jacksparrow » Oct Fri 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Pirates. Still is whenever I go back.

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Oct Sat 18, 2008 8:17 am

Hmmm. I can't remember. It was in 1976 at WDW. I believe that we actually went on one of those guided tours on our first day. I think the first thing I "rode" on was the horse-drawn trolley (although that is not really a "ride'').

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Oct Wed 22, 2008 1:21 pm

Wow. I was about 8 years old and I cannot remember what ride that I rode first. Monorail was probably my best guess if you count that as a ride!!!!! I do recall riding that If You Had Wings ride wasn't it sponsored one time by TWA?
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Wed 22, 2008 5:21 pm

sherabby wrote: I do recall riding that If You Had Wings ride wasn't it sponsored one time by TWA?
Actually, it was Eastern Airlines, originally, and then is changed to Delta (renamed Delta Dreamflight). read more about the changes/history of the ride through the Wikipedia article
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Oct Fri 31, 2008 1:05 am

I believe it was dumbo. I'm not sure because i was about three years old when i first went. I would ask my mom but its 2am and shes asleep :lol: I kinda wanna know myself.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Oct Fri 31, 2008 7:15 am

Hmm wow ya like everyone else I don't seem to remember my first ride at Disneyland. When you are young you don't think about that haha... But I was 14 the first time I went and I was with a bunch of friends and I remember we really wanted to ride Space Mountain so I'm guessing that was probably it. :P

ff19dfd
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by ff19dfd » Nov Tue 11, 2008 4:45 pm

My first Ride was Pirates!

Donalds1Fan
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Donalds1Fan » Nov Wed 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Monorail aside, the first WDW ride I ever went on was Delta Dreamflight in Tomorrowland. That was when I was 9. It absolutely freaked the living daylights out of me because of that black and white swirling light tunnel it had near the end. I refused to go on anymore indoor rides that trip because of it. So I think that day we saw the parades, and I rode the train, Dumbo, the tea cups, and we toured Tom Sawyer's Island.