Your First Disney Ride

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Mar Mon 31, 2008 1:22 pm

JWG wrote:Don't at all remember first.
I know my favorites from back then was Space Mountain. I distinctly remember going on this ride and none of the others my first trip.

It's kinda funny... it's one of the few rides that I clearly remember from back then.... I think the only reason I remember this one, was that after I got off it, I said I never wanted to ride it again, cause it terrified me... I got over it though the next day, and begged to go back on! :P

JWG

Post by JWG » Mar Mon 31, 2008 4:18 pm

skull wrote:
JWG wrote:Don't at all remember first.
I know my favorites from back then was Space Mountain. I distinctly remember going on this ride and none of the others my first trip.

It's kinda funny... it's one of the few rides that I clearly remember from back then.... I think the only reason I remember this one, was that after I got off it, I said I never wanted to ride it again, cause it terrified me... I got over it though the next day, and begged to go back on! :P
I got to pick "1 last ride" to do that trip and picked SM. We got stuck in the launch tunnel with the blue lights flickering on and off for a LONG time. We finally got sent through 1 car at a time with the lights on, then got sent to the front of the line to ride again. I remember this so clearly including the walk from the exit back to the front.

I even remember my mom not knowing what happened to us or what to do (as we were well before cell phones). Strange what you remember.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

aliastin
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by aliastin » Apr Thu 03, 2008 12:18 pm

I was a toddler- bet it was Dumbo (my Dad loves to fly around in circles) or Casey Jr. or the boats that go through the whale at Disneyland. BTW, is that boat ride permanently closed? I haven't seen it open my last two visits. :mickey:

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Guy » Apr Fri 04, 2008 3:22 am

Mmm - I am not sure which one was my real first as it was over 15 years ago that I first went to Disneyland. My first ride a WDW was Haunted Mansion though!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Fri 04, 2008 6:44 pm

I have pictures of me when I was three at Disneyland so I am not sure what my first ride was. I can say my first ride in Florida was Spaceship Earth in 1989.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Apr Sat 05, 2008 9:25 am

aliastin wrote:I was a toddler- bet it was Dumbo (my Dad loves to fly around in circles) or Casey Jr. or the boats that go through the whale at Disneyland. BTW, is that boat ride permanently closed? I haven't seen it open my last two visits. :mickey:
Storybook Land was open in December 2007. I would be so sad if they closed it! They did decorate for Christmas, seeing all the miniature decorations was so fun.

It's amazing to hear that most of our first rides were different and how hard it can be to remember!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Apr Mon 07, 2008 8:06 am

Our first "ride" was probably Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Our first visit to WDW was for a convention about 10 years ago, and we had free tickets to MGM. So, we took our 4 year-old to the park, watched the Hercules Parade (that was actually our "first" thing), and then ended up at Little Mermaid.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Apr Fri 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Wow there are a lot of people who say they don't remember their first ride. Then comes the disclaimer "I was only 2". I'm not sure what my excuse is cause I was in high school and I don't remember my first ride! Of couse it was 33 years ago!

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Apr Wed 23, 2008 10:18 pm

I don't remember my first park ride. But my first Disney ride was the monorail! I LOVED IT!!! I remember seeing the plants having the shapes of the Disney characters. Now that I'm older, I can still get on the monorail and I feel like I'm 2 or 3 years old and I'm seeing the castle and the train station for the very first time! What a great memory!

MintJulepRoo

5 years old and so happy

Post by MintJulepRoo » Apr Thu 24, 2008 12:28 am

Im not sure if this was my first ride but from what I can remember I think it was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I remember sitting with my mom. She told me I had to drive! I was scared to death. I turned the wheel like a crazy person, trying to avoid crashing. It was only later I learned that my driving abilities made no difference. I love this ride so much still today. :P
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

rodders
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by rodders » Apr Thu 24, 2008 4:43 am

I was 3, no idea :?

My first trip as an adult I think we went on Space Mountain at WDW first :mickey:

Our usual first day now consists of desperately trying to stay awake through the evening MK parade and fireworks and then falling asleep on the bus back to the hotel :lol: We didn't ride anything on our first day last time. Hot dog, Spectro, Wishes, wake up in the bus at POP, stagger back to the room, pass out on the bed. Ahh, jet lag, makes the trip all the more magical.
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

kcarts

Post by kcarts » May Sun 18, 2008 7:14 am

I remember it vividly. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Does that count even it's not really a ride? I remember asking my father if all the "rides" were going to be like that. I wasn't all that excited about it. To this day, it's still the first attraction I walk by......

parkhopper26
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by parkhopper26 » May Sun 18, 2008 10:29 am

MY FIRST RIDE WAS SPACESHIP EARTH SEPTEMBER 1993. BEEN ON IT PROBABLY 12 TIMES SINCE THEN

disneyland2006
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by disneyland2006 » May Fri 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Mine was Space Mountain. We got in line as soon as the park opened so we wouldn't have to wait long. I was scared to death to go on it. And the music didn't help.

bluebayougirl

Post by bluebayougirl » May Wed 28, 2008 1:42 pm

It was the Haunted Mansion when I was 12-ish. Perhaps that is why to this day it is still my favorite! :) - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!