New Toy Story Mania site

Post by AKLRULZ » Nov Wed 28, 2007 8:54 pm

Checked this out yet?

CLICK HERE!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Nov Wed 28, 2007 11:05 pm

Huh. It really looks like Buzz all over again, with a different overlay (and probably more advanced effects). That said, it also looks cute, and Buzz is a fun ride. I imagine this'll be pretty popular too.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Wed 28, 2007 11:49 pm

This should be a fun addition to MGM!

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Thu 29, 2007 3:38 pm

The site is really neat, but it made me realize just how much this new ride is going to be based off of the Buzz Lightyear ride concept. even if they wanted to make another shooting game, they couldn't have at least based it on a different movie? They could have definitley used Incredibles or even Ratatouille if they had planned far enough ahead. This site just turned me off from this ride. (That, and Disney puts way too much flash material on their sites for the average computer to download in a reasonable amount of time :roll: ).

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Re: New Toy Story Mania site

Post by disneydreamer58 » Nov Thu 29, 2007 4:23 pm

AKLRULZ wrote:Checked this out yet?
CLICK HERE!
Oh my, my eyes are going batty from trying to hit all those things flying around :D
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Nov Thu 29, 2007 4:43 pm

I'm not sure why Toy Story = shooting to Imagineers...

meticulus9
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by meticulus9 » Nov Thu 29, 2007 5:46 pm

it looks like a fun attraction...good addition to a 2/3rds day park. much better than millionaire

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Thu 29, 2007 11:13 pm

meticulus9 wrote:much better than millionaire
I disagree with this statement. Millionaire was an original idea (though based on a TV show) which encouraged audience participation. in the process of playing, you could actually learn something.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Nov Thu 29, 2007 11:14 pm

Looks pretty interesting to me, the ride vehicles look nicely detailed. And it will fill hefty dead zones in each park so good bonus. Hopefully the attention to details with them both will be up to the high standards they have been starting to go back to...

And I have to say I'm glad that they are starting to acknowledge major ride additions with websites [SSE, now this] so the public can also stay updated. Seems to me like they are catching on that the fans enjoy following construction progress, etc. :D
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Nov Fri 30, 2007 2:39 am

I think they are blowing real potential with the Virtual Magic Kingdom. They could do some seriously cool tie-ins with an accurate first person 3D representation of the parks. I suspect this is inevitable, but first we have to wait for the marketeers who don't understand computers and/or the Internet in general to retire.

meticulus9

Post by meticulus9 » Nov Fri 30, 2007 7:44 am

js3901 wrote:
meticulus9 wrote:much better than millionaire
I disagree with this statement. Millionaire was an original idea (though based on a TV show) which encouraged audience participation. in the process of playing, you could actually learn something.

Sorry we'll agree to disagree. Millionaire wasn't an original idea since it was based on a TV show (as you pointed out). If you need to go to MGM to learn something at an attraction, well that doesn't sound too appealing (either intellectually or for a vacation). Also millionaire was soooooo overplayed btwn TV and the attraction.

Something new and fresh will be appealing.

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Nov Fri 30, 2007 4:51 pm

I think that is neat there there will be another ride that allows interaction from guests but I also feel the way Cheshire cat feels
Cheshire Cat wrote:The site is really neat, but it made me realize just how much this new ride is going to be based off of the Buzz Lightyear ride concept. even if they wanted to make another shooting game, they couldn't have at least based it on a different movie? They could have definitley used Incredibles or even Ratatouille if they had planned far enough ahead.
I just feel like the imagineers are letting us down with thier lack of originality. Soarin is about the last truly "original concept" that comes to mind and it was a mind blower. I want to see more innovation like that. not just quick rehashes of Pixar movies.
I am bracing my self for the DCA Cars Land because I have a bad feeling that the Radiator springs speedway ride is going to be like a Test track with Pixar toons sprinkled in.

Edit: ok test track is another original concept that comes to mind but I wish the ride was a bit longer. I have yet to experience misson space cause I'm afraid it might stop my heart :) literally :)

billville

Post by billville » Dec Mon 03, 2007 1:41 pm

How about everybody stop being so over-critical and just enjoy the new addition. When you have to look into every little aspect as to why it's going to suck, then of course you probably won't lke the ride. How about being just a little open-minded and give it a chance before any assumptions are made. Look at it this way if the imagineers believe this is a copy and there's no need for buzz lightyears anymore, maybe they will remove it and put a new ride in its place. Its wishful thinking but its definitely a thought.

I for one am pretty excited about any new addition that comes along no matter what the concept is. I guess you can say im pretty open-minded when it comes to anything. All in all...I cant wait to go for a ride, and I think it will still be fun even if the idea wasn't original. Just go and have fun!! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Dec Mon 03, 2007 5:37 pm

I am a huge Toy Story fan and I'm very excited about it - I think the experience will be unique enough to distingquish from Buzz. I miss Millionaire in a huge way, but we're getting a great addition I think.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Dec Mon 03, 2007 6:29 pm

How about everybody stop being so over-critical and just enjoy the new addition
Sorry if I seemed pessimistic about this ride. I'm not really for or against it. I'll settle for anything new in the Studios at this point, but I was just hoping for a fresh idea. In the ways of Walt Disney, it's always easier to point out what can be improved than admit a job well done. (Even if you can't improve something that hasn't been finished yet - sorry :oops: )

Anyway, small upate:

I just got the new (renamed) Disney Files Magazine, which had an article about this new ride. No really new updates except one: the queue will have a giant Mr. Potato Head to entertain guests waiting in line. I'll let you guys draw your own conclusions from this and what I was saying earlier about...well...that other Toy Story attraction.