New Toy Story Mania site

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Dec Mon 03, 2007 9:03 pm

You're right that it seems a lot like Buzz, but I enjoy Buzz and those are two spots which seemed empty to me before (I never went to Millionare or ate on the boardwalk of Paradise Pier). Can't wait to see and hopefully it'll be a blast!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Wed 05, 2007 1:43 am

I can understand people's complaints about lack of originality though. Until Disney does something that exceeds, heck even meets Universal's Islands of Adventure's Spider-man I'll always be pessimistic. What made Disney stand out was exceeding people's expectations, not meeting them. This is the hard core visitor's complaint and now Disney has gotten to the point where even first time visiters aren't as "wowed".

I'm very happy Disney is realizing this. They are starting to get back to their roots.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Dec Mon 10, 2007 3:26 pm

Gotta agree with both sides. I'm happy that they're putting ANYTHING new into the studios, but don't see why it has to be Toy Story. Nothing wrong with Toy Story, but they already have a Toy Story Ride-through, shooting gallery (Buzz Liteyear). Why not some other movie as the backdrop?
April, 1998 Coronado Springs
April, 2001 Coronado Springs
January, 2004 All-Star Sports
July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
April, 2006 Pop Century
December, 2006 All-Star Sports
March, 2008 All-Star Movies
April, 2009 All-Star Music
August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort
August, 2014 Off Property - Caribe Royale

texaspitfire
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by texaspitfire » Dec Tue 11, 2007 12:45 am

It looks nice to me!!!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Dec Thu 20, 2007 5:18 am

WVParkfan wrote:Gotta agree with both sides. I'm happy that they're putting ANYTHING new into the studios
I agree with this more after visiting the Studios for the first time in a few years this past week. Apart from the usual enjoyment of ToT and RnRC, it was -so boring-. I admit I'm not a shows/parades kind of person, so I go into MGM with reduced expectations from the get go, but, man alive, they need something fresh in there. I'm kind of hoping after this opens they'll put Star Tours or the Great Movie ride down for an overhaul, so at this point, I don't really mind if it's more Buzz-clone than anything else. I'd definitely -prefer- they were putting in something that looked more innovative (and I'm not 100% saying this won't be - it's hard to tell for certain based on the info they have out thus far), but as long as it's not boring/out of date, and will perhaps soak up some crowds so they can put another ride through a serious rehab, I'm all for it.

Of course, that's all in the hopes they'll redo ST or GMR, which I assume they won't. But a girl can dream.