No - I've never cruise before
52%

Total votes: 29

mageloff
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Disney Cruise Line

Post by mageloff » Nov Mon 19, 2007 10:45 pm

I have been on over 30 cruises. Twice I have sailed on Disney and it is one of my favorites. You take 2 awesome things; Disney and Cruising and combine them and it makes for a fantastic time!

My wife and I have no kids and we had a great cruise! It is so much fun seeing all the little ones on the Disney Cruise.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 20, 2007 12:04 am

If I took my boys on I cruise, well have you ever seen the movie The Island?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Tue 20, 2007 12:23 am

Jacca5660 wrote:If I took my boys on I cruise, well have you ever seen the movie The Island?
there'll be clones of Scarlett Johannson and Ewan McGregor fighting for their lives so they're not cut up for rich snobs who use them for insurance policies? wow.. I didn't know that Disney criuses were so... strict..? :lol:
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Nov Tue 20, 2007 6:56 am

Been on a few but not DCL...yet! :D
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Tue 20, 2007 7:00 pm

DCL was the best vacation I've ever taken :D . It's the magic of the movies and the details of the parks crammed into 964 feet.

SeasDiver
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SeasDiver » Nov Tue 20, 2007 10:50 pm

We did DCL for our honeymoon. It was great.
Regards,
Aaron
Another Day, Another Dive

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Nov Wed 21, 2007 11:08 am

Im one of the few who have never been on a DCL or any cruise for that matter. Hopefully one day...im thinking for my honeymoon! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Wed 21, 2007 7:41 pm

my fiance and I were going to take one around europe in the summer of 2009, but i heard it wont be there then, so we'll be going to DLP instead.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Wed 21, 2007 8:05 pm

I've never been on a cruise period. Though, my mother just took a 4 or 5 day Royal Caribbean cruise at the beginning of the month and it didn't cost that much, and seemed like it'd be doable...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Wed 28, 2007 11:41 pm

I've done a few different cruise lines and nothing compares to a Disney cruise!!! Would definitely do that again! How can you go wrong with anything Disney!? :D

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Nov Thu 29, 2007 12:52 pm

I've never been on a Disney cruise but would like to go on one someday. However I do have a tendancy toward seasickness so I am a bit unsure about staying on any boat for very long.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Thu 29, 2007 12:55 pm

Hey disneylandmom, if you're afraid of seasickness, you can get a patch that you wear behind your ear for motion sickness. My mom always gets seasick, and she wore the patch and was fine the entire time. We had some really rough waters too. If you're unsure about being a boat for a long time, try the shorter cruise. It's really great! :nemo:

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » Nov Thu 29, 2007 1:26 pm

I've never been on a cruise before and to be completely honest, I'm not really excited about going on one either. At one point, I was thinking about the Disney cruise, but I've since lost interest. I don't know, I guess cruise ships just aren't for me.
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Thu 29, 2007 10:18 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Hey disneylandmom, if you're afraid of seasickness, you can get a patch that you wear behind your ear for motion sickness. My mom always gets seasick, and she wore the patch and was fine the entire time. We had some really rough waters too. If you're unsure about being a boat for a long time, try the shorter cruise. It's really great! :nemo:
mym mom did this on her cruise earlier this month, when there was a hurricane in the caribbean. they had to change course as the storm was about to hit one of their ports of call. and she said it was really choppy, with people chummimg all over the place. she told me the crew had to put the bags every 20 feet or so, it was so bad. but she said the patch saved her

Site Admin, WDW Freak

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Nov Thu 29, 2007 10:27 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Hey disneylandmom, if you're afraid of seasickness, you can get a patch that you wear behind your ear for motion sickness. My mom always gets seasick, and she wore the patch and was fine the entire time. We had some really rough waters too. If you're unsure about being a boat for a long time, try the shorter cruise. It's really great! :nemo:
I will remeber this patch idea. I can't even tolerate a short ferry ride so I would imagine the open ocean would be just horrible for me. But I would love to take a cruise one day. Thanks for the info.