Toy Story Mania

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Toy Story Mania

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Mon 05, 2007 2:27 pm

I found a track layout for the new Toy Story Mania ride (DCA version, I'm not sure if MGM will have the same layout). Here it is:

SEMI-SPOILERS FOLLOWING: http://www.disneytheque.com/phototheque ... 20/010.jpg

It's really weird if you look at it closely. Here's my interpretation:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... mine-1.jpg

I'm thinking they start off with two connected cars and then split into two different tracks like a competition, then meet up at the end for a final competition or prizes or something. I have no idea what that pink segemnts could be though. Does someone with some blueprint knowledge want to give their two cents. The layout has me befuddled. :?

(PS. I couldn't find a Toy Story Mania post yet, so I started a new one. If one exists could an admin. move this post or just change the title to TSM Layout)

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Nov Mon 05, 2007 3:35 pm

When I saw that, I thought the pink segments might be "Destiny" rooms like in Indiana Jones. If there aren't two cars at the same time, it might be multiple paths you can take. It looks to me that anywhere you see those circle areas there is a fork in the track. It would be interesting to think that the second pink area might be a "bonus round" where if everyone in the car performs to a certain number, you get to go into a hidden area.
That's my two cents

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Nov Mon 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Yea...its really hard to tell what everything means in the grand scheme of things. I work with blueprints all the time and this kinda looks like a sketch more than a working set of blueprints. If these were actual working blueprints there would be much more notes, dimensions, details, and it would most likey be segmented into seperate sections.

This is more like an outline of the whole idea behind the ride. Nice score though cheshire! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Nov Mon 05, 2007 6:19 pm

Fun score!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Mandi
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Mandi » Nov Wed 07, 2007 6:39 am

about the theme of the ride...

it will be a liittle like a "double" in better form buzz lightyear laser blast? i think why they don't just work on this and not only on this one ....

or maybe you have the first since so long time it will take it place? because the one in dlrp isn't there since long

i think we'll never have the mania one...

and be the way
i just understand anything to the blueprint :P

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Thu 08, 2007 11:21 am

Yes, that just looks like an idea page. Good score though. Is someone going to be in trouble over this?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Nov Sat 10, 2007 8:28 am

I don't know anything about blueprints beyond looking at other Disney rides (mainly Horizons is the one I recall) but I'm wondering on this one; where do people think the load area is? It looks to me like it might be the long 'vertical' blue area on the left, since it kinda looks like a hallway with a door at one end, and fits the loop for a continuous load ride (a la Buzz and the Haunted Mansion). Maybe? The area to the left of that kinda looks like a queue area.

I dunno, though. If the idea of 'fate' rooms is right (and it sounds plausible to me, at least) and that blue area is the load, then the people who get fated into the red track kinda get screwed on ride length versus the pink. And there should be a separation between load and unload zones... maybe somewhere along that blue. Or in the brighter pink at the bottom left? Looks like there could be an exit hallway there...

Should be interesting to see how it really turns out (and if any of us ever get close to guessing the layout :lol: ).

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Is this for one ride or the whole area? Before I went to college I was a carpenter and sheet rock hanger. I also did commercial layout. I'm not able to make heads or tails out of this one! I used to read blue prints. I feel silly for asking this one. Can some explain what I'm looking at?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Sun 11, 2007 12:19 pm

I don't know anything about blueprints beyond looking at other Disney rides (mainly Horizons is the one I recall) but I'm wondering on this one; where do people think the load area is? It looks to me like it might be the long 'vertical' blue area on the left, since it kinda looks like a hallway with a door at one end, and fits the loop for a continuous load ride (a la Buzz and the Haunted Mansion). Maybe? The area to the left of that kinda looks like a queue area.
I was thinking that the load might be the purple segment all the way to the right because it looks like it has its own building around it and then goes into the much larger show building. Then again your idea sounds just as good because of that "queue-looking" area to the far left. Forget the actual games and story... I just want this ride to open so I can see how the track layout is... it's drivingm me bonkers now. :lol: