Outstanding CM stories...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Wed 18, 2007 12:01 am

I thought of another one...

Two years ago we stayed at a non-Disney resort inside of the park right across from Downtown Disney. The buses to the parks there only came once per hour so if you missed the one to the park you were heading to you had to wait quite a while for the next one. Well, one morning we decided to walk across the street and catch one of the Disney buses. We were headed to the Animal Kingdom that day so we got on the bus that said Animal Kingdom on it. It turned out to be the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus though. The driver told us that the only buses at Downtown Disney were the ones to the resorts. But rather than make us walk back to our hotel she was nice enough to go ahead and drop us off at the AK park. We really appreciated that and thought it was really nice for her to go out of the way for us like that!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Sat 21, 2007 9:37 am

A couple of years ago, we were at EPCOT and we're bound and determined to be the last ones out of the park. You get to see some very cool stuff. After the fire works the park clears pretty quickly. But if you wait a little while you can go to Italy and see the fireworks from MK. A while later the Disney fireworks crew does the big burn off (they burn off the left over gas in the barge all at once, BIG FLAME!!). You all so get to watch the bridge open and the barges from the show being floated away.
My family and I slowly walked to the future world gate asking if we were the last ones out yet (there was a couple eating in France). They kept giving us reports. At no time did a CM ask us to move quicker and we had CM's talking to us the whole time pointing things out that you normally didn't notice while the crowd was there.
We took our time and didn't hit the gate till 11:30. When we got to the gate there was a bus driver from every resort. It was real cool that Disney had them wait. While we were walking no even asked what resort we were at.
I don't know any other place where they don't rush you out after closing. It was a wonderful experience!! I would urge every one to do it at least once.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Jul Sat 21, 2007 4:54 pm

Wow, that's very cool! I don't think we ever thought of trying to be the last ones out...
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Mon 23, 2007 8:51 am

Wow... Jacca that's fantastic! We're definitley going to have to try that this trip. I didn't know they were so nice like that at Disney. We were out late in Universal one time and the staff kept asking us to make our way toward the park exits... ugh...

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Outstanding CM stories...

Post by nancynohorse » Jul Sun 29, 2007 1:38 pm

casrin wrote:When I think of great CMs, my mind immediately flashes to the cast and the administrative staff at Journey Into Imagination (the latter whom we knew because of my brother being a Make-a-Wish trip kid). Steve, Ginger, Wendy, Sandra and Judy - in many ways - made our trips so magical. We always felt like we were coming home when we went to the old JII. Dreamfinder and Figment were just always amazing.
So true! But, what about..Bob, Bruce and Frank? Erik's trips were made so 'magical' because of KODAK.

Ginger was so awesome! She always went beyond to make everyone happy. Steve an actual CM was THE BEST!!!

But, Dreamfinder and Figment were the best.
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey: