What is a Tradition for you at Disney?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 30, 2009 9:51 am

Riding the HM at MK and Soarin at EPCOT. Ever since EPCOT opened, I have always gone to the park on birthday and had lunch at Alfredo's Ristorante di Roma. Sadly, that tradition got killed when they replaced it with Tutto Italia. :cry:

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Dec Wed 02, 2009 10:32 am

About two weeks out, of our magical vacation, the DW and I make up a password for the day. The password has to be Disney World oriented, like a location, ride, etc… Before we can speak to each other we have to say the password. Each day we alternate who comes up with the password.

Today it was DW’s turn and she picked TTA. So when I called her today I had to say TTA before we spoke. I really do not know how it got started but it’s our tradition for our Disney vacations. I know, technically it’s not at Disney but it’s our pre-vacation tradition.

PureDisney
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by PureDisney » Dec Mon 07, 2009 2:48 pm

We are a distance separate group so we send a lot of countdown emails before we leave. You can always tell how disney desparate we are by how far way from trip time we start sending them. One time we start over 380 days before we left. We ALWAYS eat at Napa Rose. It is my favorite restaurant.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Dec Thu 10, 2009 1:26 am

Taking a picture in front of the Carousel of Progress sign. I only started doing this in 2006 but I plan on doing this every time I go so I can see myself age throughout the years (w the year being displayed in the background)
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Dec Thu 10, 2009 1:30 am

I think I might add a new tradition this time. I might mix it up, try new things, and see what happens :)
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Thu 10, 2009 2:04 am

MetalRage wrote:I think I might add a new tradition this time. I might mix it up, try new things, and see what happens :)
I will have to do the same myself. I want to try and do every trip with a new experience.

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Dec Thu 10, 2009 2:06 am

Yeah, it gets kinda boring when you do the same thing over and over. Maybe ill watch shows I always thought I wouldn't enjoy. Maybe eat at restaurants I never went to.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Dec Sat 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Breakfast at Olivia's
Pirates is always the first ride
and every trip we try at least one new dining location
"now, bring me that horizon"

Jrl153
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Jrl153 » Dec Mon 21, 2009 11:19 pm

We always walk around Downtown Disney as soon as we get there.
The roastbeef at PrimeTime Diner.
My newest tradition is riding Soarin first.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Dec Mon 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Dinner at Jiko but I think we have a new tradition and that is eating at Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. :figment:

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Dec Thu 31, 2009 7:00 pm

Well, let's see...

My wife has to have a Dole Whip. We love to eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe and Boma. I have to see Hall of Presidents. We have to see Off Kilter. We always try to make our last day at Magic Kingdom so we have that real Disney "Boost" before we go.

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Jan Tue 12, 2010 8:56 am

My girlfriend and I have started a new tradition whenever we go to the Disney parks. We always stop off at the Poly and get a Dole Whip. We then hop in the monorail and ride it around as we eat the ice cream. Its a very simple thing, but I look forward to it every time we are at Disney!

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Feb Mon 01, 2010 10:54 pm

First off, I LOVE this topic. We have several "traditions" we try to do on each trip.

1.) Inverse Dinner -- instead of the usual eat-dinner-first-then-save-some-room-for-dessert method we do when we're NOT in Disney, we employ and Inverse Dinner philosphy at Downtown Disney -- EAT ALL THE GHIRARDELLI's ICE CREAM YOU CAN STAND, then IF you have room, go eat dinner. That way, dessert doesn't get cheated. (This is done ONLY in Disney!)

2.) Character Breakfast at Chrystal Palace -- on every trip, I try to schedule the first full day at the Magic Kingdom with a breakfast (preferably before the park opens) at the Chrystal Palace.

3.) Hoop de Doo Review -- We try to see this on every trip.

4.) Casey's -- at least one Casey's hot dogs on each trip.

5.) Chef Mickey's -- we try to do one breakfast at Chef Mickey's, followed by a monorail trip to Epcot.

6.) Magic Kingdom and Epcot on last full day -- every trip in recent memory we've started the day at the Magic Kingdom, then around 3 p.m. gone to Epcot to finish out the vacation. (I really hate that day, though. It's bitter sweet.)

7.) Shopping -- we have a family tradition. We always go "pre-vacation" shopping the day before we leave to get us in the mood. My wife has a saying: "Dad-o (that's me) never says 'No' on this day." If it's within reason, that's true. I want everyone to have the best time. Then, it's dinner at the Baltimore House to talk about the next day. (This is one of my favorite times!!!!! :D :D :D :D )

8.) Stake out a spot -- at least once on the trip, we'll get to Main Street, U.S.A. early and stake out a great spot to watch the parade. (There's something about seeing a parade on Main Street that's "magical.")

I'm sure there are more, that's some of the ones that stand out.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Feb Tue 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Boilerdude wrote:About two weeks out, of our magical vacation, the DW and I make up a password for the day. The password has to be Disney World oriented, like a location, ride, etc… Before we can speak to each other we have to say the password. Each day we alternate who comes up with the password.

Today it was DW’s turn and she picked TTA. So when I called her today I had to say TTA before we spoke. I really do not know how it got started but it’s our tradition for our Disney vacations. I know, technically it’s not at Disney but it’s our pre-vacation tradition.
Wow, that's pretty cool! We'll have to try that! Thanks for the idea! :mrgreen:

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Feb Tue 02, 2010 9:53 pm

mindflipper wrote:Riding the HM at MK and Soarin at EPCOT. Ever since EPCOT opened, I have always gone to the park on birthday and had lunch at Alfredo's Ristorante di Roma. Sadly, that tradition got killed when they replaced it with Tutto Italia. :cry:
That's a bummer...I would really be disappointed if one of my tradational places disappeared. Did you replace it with a new one?