What's Your Disney Retirement Dream Job?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Jacca, your friend wants to return to Indiana?! Really?! I guess it depends where you are in IN. I would like to move to WDW. There are things I love about living here, but I must say, our winters SUCK! :D

And Mousekedude..it's NOT go Hoosiers...it's GO BOILERS!!!! 8-)

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Thu 29, 2009 2:08 pm

LOL, boilerbabe.... you win....
My only Hoosier friend is not a Disney freak, so you take precedence. :mrgreen:

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Oct Thu 29, 2009 2:09 pm

boilerbabe, I am with you, while I love living in New England and all the great things to do and see, I HATE WINTERS here!! Not much of a winter sports person :roll: but I do love all the other seasons, well, not road construction season which follows winter and lasts until the next winter :lol:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 29, 2009 2:09 pm

Why thank you Mousekedude, I appreciate that!!! :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Thu 29, 2009 2:20 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Why thank you Mousekedude, I appreciate that!!! :lol:
You're quite welcome. Oh, and incidentally, my Hoosier friend is actually from Valparaiso. Moved here to Houston about 20 years ago. Wonder if you knew him....?
Well, probably not, he and his wife are both in their late forties, and his brother and sister are both in their early forties. You're only 32, right? So kind of a different generation as far as people you would have been around...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Babe he and my DW are from Clinton, Home of the Little Italy Festival!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Fri 30, 2009 8:20 am

Jacca5660 wrote: I have a very close friend who has been with WDW for almost 20 years now. I told him about this thread. His dream retirement is getting away from WDW and living in Indiana!! How that Babe? Is he sick or what? I must say he is an Indiana native.
I too am originally from Indiana, but I do not want to return. Jacca, has your friend been working at IASW for the last 20 years? That might explain it...no offense boilerbabe, but Indiana isn't that great. I am quite content to stay in Florida - no, it isn't the best state in the union, but at least it doesn't snow.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 30, 2009 9:46 am

agingerbugg wrote: I am quite content to stay in Florida - no, it isn't the best state in the union, but at least it doesn't snow.
Amen! I live in Florida too - as this is as far north in the USA I want to live! I can't stand freezing cold winters overloaded with snow!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 30, 2009 2:23 pm

agingerbugg wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote: I have a very close friend who has been with WDW for almost 20 years now. I told him about this thread. His dream retirement is getting away from WDW and living in Indiana!! How that Babe? Is he sick or what? I must say he is an Indiana native.
I too am originally from Indiana, but I do not want to return. Jacca, has your friend been working at IASW for the last 20 years? That might explain it...no offense boilerbabe, but Indiana isn't that great. I am quite content to stay in Florida - no, it isn't the best state in the union, but at least it doesn't snow.
NO he's been in Inoventions I.E. the Ball for 20 years.

I lived in Ft Myers for a very long time (over 20 years) and I used to think Port Charlotte was way up north!

PS GO GATORS!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Yes, I'm 32 Mousekedude. I like where we're at in IN. We're close enough to Chicago when we want a big city and we have Lake Mich. and the Dunes. We're content here. I'm not too crazy about our winters, but we like the seasons. Plus, family, friends and jobs are all here. We love the subdivision we moved to last year, I grew up coming here, it's wooded and we have a lake and a beach. It's a little slice of heaven. :)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 30, 2009 8:35 pm

boilerbabe wrote: I'm not too crazy about our winters, but we like the seasons. Plus, family, friends and jobs are all here.
No place is perfect. Winters are great here in Florida, but the summers - oh boy - can have heat so brutal and humidity that can beat you down. Up here in North Florida you can get the ocean winds for a breeze and the afternoon thunderstorms to cut the heat in the afternoon, but in Orlando, being in the center of the state, the summer can mean no breeze at all. And, also because it's in the center of the state, Orlando just seems to be hurricane-magnet.

You got it right, Boilerbabe. What can make a place more perfect is what that place can offer: family, friends, and memories. Weather is meaningless - its the bonds we make that can make a place more special to one person than it does another. It's what makes Indiana more special to you than Jacca5660.

It's also the reason we're all WDW nuts too - we all have special bonds to WDW theme-parks that makes us all want to return over and over again...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 30, 2009 8:38 pm

Well said mindflipper!!! :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Sat 31, 2009 10:52 pm

Likewise, mindflipper and boilerbabe. :)

btharvey
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by btharvey » Jan Fri 01, 2010 3:51 pm

We're actually planning it ... whatever the job turns out to be (warehouse, ride, food service, bus, greet, etc.). Being part of it and being able to partake in off hours is my bonus.
--
B. T. Harvey
Leonardtown, MD USA
Periodically Trailering to Fort Wilderness

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Jan Fri 01, 2010 4:51 pm

I wanna be a street sweeper in the Magic Kingdom. Just the opportunity to see and meet all the people and be helpful to so many people.