Tomorrowland, er um Pixarland

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Nov Fri 02, 2007 12:18 pm

Heh, funny, but Hanes does make more than just undergarments.

But yeah, a stretch... now, Champion sponsoring the Wide World of Sports makes perfect sense.
~Steve

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 02, 2007 12:29 pm

How the heck does Hanes fit in with the Rock n Roll coaster!?!

Maybe the tag line can be... spoiled your drawers on Rock n Roller coaster... buy some Hanes in the gift shop!!!
Now that's funny!! You could go so many places with that line..but this is a family board.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Nov Fri 02, 2007 12:49 pm

Well, Steven Tyler does have an affinity for grabbing his crotch (making him a perfect subject for a Disney attraction, but that's another rant).

Anyway, I mostly dropped in to link to those cool cars I saw at the MIT museum. The Time article doesn't even touch on some of their most interesting aspects.

Also if you poke around that site, you can see a number of things that would be great for Innoventions or to actually put in use at Disney. The wall of water in the Architecture section looks like a perfect match, for example.

Imagine if we had Imagineers working with corporations and universities on this stuff and using Epcot as place to show the tech off to millions of visitors each year...
Last edited by Captain Schnemo on Nov Fri 02, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Fri 02, 2007 4:12 pm

not to mention all the charity work steven tyler does as well...He's just horrible for doing what most men do several times a day without realizing it....
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Nov Fri 02, 2007 6:05 pm

When you use outside properties, you can't control all the implications (Captain EO being a classic example), but they knew what they were getting going into the Aerosmith thing.

Now, if you want to make the argument that bunch of drug-addled geezers led by a transvestite who sings about sexual abuse, revenge murder, pedophilia, oral sex, masturbation, etc. is a great foundation for a Disney attraction, be my guest.

I'm by no means a prude, and I love a lot of unsavory entertainment, but I don't want it mixed in with my Disney. I think Walt's spinning was cranked up to 11 when they installed that one.

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Nov Fri 02, 2007 8:36 pm

rdeacon wrote:Speaking of sponserships...

Maybe the tag line can be... spoiled your drawers on Rock n Roller coaster... buy some Hanes in the gift shop!!!

Rich
Whew!!! :lol: :lol: I laughed so hard at that, I almost spoiled my drawers just thinking about seeiing that in print as a slogan. Great one!!!!
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 02, 2007 8:59 pm

Captain Schnemo wrote:When you use outside properties, you can't control all the implications (Captain EO being a classic example), but they knew what they were getting going into the Aerosmith thing.

Now, if you want to make the argument that bunch of drug-addled geezers led by a transvestite who sings about sexual abuse, revenge murder, pedophilia, oral sex, masturbation, etc. is a great foundation for a Disney attraction, be my guest.

I'm by no means a prude, and I love a lot of unsavory entertainment, but I don't want it mixed in with my Disney. I think Walt's spinning was cranked up to 11 when they installed that one.
What band are you talking about?

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Nov Fri 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Assuming you're not yanking my chain...Aerosmith.

Actually, I don't think Tyler is technically a transvestite...he just sings about them and wears scarves, feather boas, eye makeup, and such. It just sounded funnier to throw that in too. Also they are all allegedly off drugs now, for what that's worth, despite being famous overindulgers for many years.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 03, 2007 6:38 am

Captain Schnemo wrote:Assuming you're not yanking my chain...Aerosmith.

Actually, I don't think Tyler is technically a transvestite...he just sings about them and wears scarves, feather boas, eye makeup, and such. It just sounded funnier to throw that in too. Also they are all allegedly off drugs now, for what that's worth, despite being famous overindulgers for many years.
Thank you for coming down from what you said in you first post! Yes the first time I went on RNR, I asked a CM "When did Disney and Heroin get together?" I had to explain it to her cute, young, shocked butt. Yea, I made the connection. It's just they way you put it got to me!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Sat 03, 2007 11:45 am

so the POTC is a great message to children also right? Pilaging, drinking, violance...thats all out in the open in the ride!!! And this is the cleaned up version. Even though I love the ride, I always felt POTC was a horrible ride for children. ALl of those things you said about Aerosmith are true, but they are not flaunted, and it was in the past, they are all very clean now.(My fiance is a die hard aerosmith fan)There are plenty of Disney movies and attractions that were drug influenced...Alice in Wonderland??? I am sure there are plenty of Disney Imagineers that weren't in the right frame of mind when they came up with some ideas...
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 03, 2007 12:15 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:so the POTC is a great message to children also right? Pilaging, drinking, violance...thats all out in the open in the ride!!! And this is the cleaned up version. Even though I love the ride, I always felt POTC was a horrible ride for children. ALl of those things you said about Aerosmith are true, but they are not flaunted, and it was in the past, they are all very clean now.(My fiance is a die hard aerosmith fan)There are plenty of Disney movies and attractions that were drug influenced...Alice in Wonderland??? I am sure there are plenty of Disney Imagineers that weren't in the right frame of mind when they came up with some ideas...
I agree with you about Aerosmith and they are clean. I do have to question the Alice in Wonderland reference. It was actually a political statement and had nothing to do with drugs. It was about the king of England (please excuse me for not remembering which one) and how he was ruling at the time.
What's wrong with POTC? Sleeping Beauty is about necrophilia!

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Sat 03, 2007 1:32 pm

I agree with you about Aerosmith and they are clean. I do have to question the Alice in Wonderland reference. It was actually a political statement and had nothing to do with drugs. It was about the king of England
I'm glad someone else knows the true story behind Alice In Wodnerland. Most people automatically assume it's all drug references. It may subliminally advertise pedophilia... but not drugs.

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Nov Sat 03, 2007 2:10 pm

Whether or not they are currently drug-free, the songs in the actual ride feature lyrics I'd be embarrassed to write in this forum. One is an ode to oral sex, another an ode to losing your virginity (seriously, read the lyrics to Walk this Way). Not really Disney material.

Given that they had an entire planet full of possible source material, I don't think they chose wisely. Plus, you never know if one of these guys is going to be responsible for some kind of Michael Jackson or Phil Spector-like scandal. It's just a better idea to go with an idea you have some control over.

Pirates have been the topic of children's adventure stories for years, but they left out the details of how they all had syphilis and such.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Sat 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Yes pirates has been the topic, but the ride shows them getting drunk, getting animals drunk, plenty of gun play, buring down a city, prostitution, ...do you really want me to go on? And listen to all the lyrics in that song. Small children can;t go on RRC, but they can on POTC. I honestly wish I could remember half the stories I heard about things at disney that have become associated with dirty jokes, and how you can view certain things at angles to see what it looks like. I am no posting them here. RRC is awesome! In fact, next time I go I will just have to go ona few more times now.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Sat 03, 2007 5:49 pm

yodiwan1 has brought up a good point... if someone is tall enough to ride RnR, then they are probably old enough to hear those lyrics. Granted, there are probably some extreme cases of advanced growth and over-protective parents, but hey. :lol:

Persoanlly, I've never even seen anything wrong with Aerosmith being in RnR... Disney could have picked a lot worse on both ends of the spectrum. I think they did a good job with picking a band that is not too obscene but is also not considered (i don't really know how to put this) "bland"(?), thus making it unpopular.

Bottom line: everyone likes aerosmith :) .