All-time most favorite moment/memory while at Disney

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Mon 06, 2007 11:00 am

Joe90 wrote:My wife and I were in the Main Street Cinema shop looking at photo frames.
She was having difficulty choosing and was just talking on and on. :roll: I noticed Pluto walking up and when he reached me we just swapped places. My wife continued to chat on without noticing. I stood back and videoed the next couple of minutes. Her talking away oblivious and Pluto nodding and acting bored in my place. There was a fair old crowd watching her antics before she realised it wasn’t me that was standing beside her. Soon as she saw it was Pluto she just shut up and went red. :oops: Pluto bent down grabbed a frame stuck it in her hand and pointed to the registers. Silently she took the frame and went to pay. I had to give him a hug. Brilliant.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's great. I love when stuff like this happens. I think it's fairly common too. It's stuff like this that obviously sticks with people, and just helps make those special individualized experiences at the park. :)

jozel27
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by jozel27 » Sep Thu 13, 2007 9:10 am

My first time at Disney was just in 2005. My family never had the money to take us when we were kids. My husband and I took our daughter who was 5 at the time. She is now 8, and we couldn't wait to get to the magic kingdom. When we got the through the doors and I came around the corner to see the castle for the first time it was hard to hold back the tears. My daughters face lit and up and she started tugging at me saying, " Mommy that is where Cinderella lives". That was a pretty great feeling.

:D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Thu 13, 2007 7:34 pm

Wow, that's tough to pick one favorite memory at WDW, there are so many! I think my all time favorite memory would have to be crossing the finish line of the Disney 1/2 Marathon hand in hand with my dad! It was a great feeling and to high five Mickey Mouse after crossing the finish!!! The medal was cool too! Hope to do it again on '09.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Oct Thu 04, 2007 11:11 pm

well i have two...one...when i was a kid, Mickey taking ym had during the his birthday show at mickey's bday land ...and we skipped together to the next room..
2nd, proposing to my fiance at chef mickey's

oh, and also when my parents came to visit me when i was working and i was able to say.."adventureland is my office"...that was sweet....

jbvenn
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jbvenn » Oct Sun 07, 2007 8:53 am

Just one????

Probably the most important Disney memory was during my first trip to WDW as a mom. Our son was just a toddler (18 months), and I was expecting baby #2, so everything was very low-key and relaxed. We strolled around, drank in the atmosphere, went on a few rides, and spent a lot of time in the pool.

While strolling through Communicore, we encountered several Disney characters: Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale. The area was deserted; there was literally no one else around, and the characters more or less swooped down onto our little guy and smothered him with attention. They probably spent five minutes passing him around, posing for pictures, getting kissed on the nose, giggling, etc. Our son acted like it was the most natural thing in the world that these giant creatures would want to play with him (this is the same kid who refused to go anywhere near the shopping mall Santa just a few months earlier). It was pure magic, and I was hooked for good.
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

snugglyevil
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snugglyevil » Oct Wed 10, 2007 5:28 pm

Favorite memory..... can easily say it was 2005....my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. For their anniversary. my sisters and I took them to the Concourse Steakhouse. What my parents didnt know was that I had arranged; a month prior to this, for a miniature wedding cake to be brought out for dessert. I spoke to a fabulous lady at the catering and events office and priced out a small cake....2 tiers...first tier 10inches...2nd teir 6inches. When we got to the details, I explained what the plan was...a wedding cake for their 50th anniversary with enough to share with those around us. She was so moved by this that I got a really great rate on it. Once there, the waiter knew of our surprise. He was absolutely wonderful to my parents....really charmed my mom which is hard to do. heh heh At one point I gave a piece of cake to a gentlemen who was almost in tears when I told him why we were sharing the cake. "I am 4yrs clear of Cancer. Coming to Disney was one of my must do's when I first got diagnosed. Sharing this moment with your family makes my trip complete." I got misty and we hugged. He shook my dad's hand and complimented my mom then left. We all had such a magical evening. My mom still thanks me for the cake. heehee

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Wed 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Great story snugglyevil, thanks for sharing! Great picture too!!! Congrats to you and your parents!!!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Oct Wed 10, 2007 10:57 pm

that is a great story!! My finace asked me tonight why I loved Disney so much and why I was "obsessed" with it. After telling her years worth of stories from my past I showed her this thread...she finally understood.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

pkbabygirl

Albert and Victorias

Post by pkbabygirl » Apr Thu 24, 2008 12:37 pm

I loved every minute of eating at Albert and Victorias. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to experience it.

I also love eating with the fish at the Corral Reef.

Dining is truly an experience at Disney World.

I also remember ringing in the New Year at Disney on my honeymoon.

DDDoherty
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

memorable time at Disney World

Post by DDDoherty » Apr Sat 26, 2008 9:39 am

My husband and I invited his Nephew and family to Dsiney World to spend a few days with us. Their youngest, age 4 at the time, was fascinated by the monorail. On his first ride ever, he put his hands up against the window, and with big eyes, he said, "Are we flying?"

I'll never forget that. :)

DDDoherty
July In WDW At a DVC Resort

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Apr Sat 26, 2008 9:54 am

One of my favorite and earliest memories of WDW was also on the monorail. I was 5ish years old and my parents told me we were going to sit with the driver in the cockpit of monorail coral. I was scared because for some reason I thought the pilot was going to be a big scary person. We got in, it was just my parents and I and the driver was very friendly like all the other cast members, but I was still scared to talk to him.

Eventually as we were approaching the Contemporary (on the counter-clockwise track) he stopped the monorail and asked if I wanted drive. I said yeah so he put me on the seat and told me to push forward on a joystick. As we drove through the Contemporary, he stood waving at all the hotel guests while I drove it through the building. I think this is what hooked me on Disney magic.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Mon 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Wow, to just chose one would be impossible. So, I will take the funniest memory that I have.

My family and I (mom, dad, brother) were staying at the Beach Club (2004) and decided to take out two of those mouse boats to have some fun. I went with my dad and my brother went with my mom. We are out having some fun driving and then just hanging around by the Swan and Dolphin. We decide that we will head over towards MGM and we put our boats into gear. Well, my brother's boat's engine flips up out of the water. Being the good brother that I am, I proceeded over to help out... there was nothing for me to do. My brother and mom had to get rescued by the Boston Whaler lifeguard boat which involved them abandoning the boat and being brought back to dock. Needless to say it was the funniest thing that ever happened to us in Disney and I will never forget it.

My other great memories come from the Monorail system. My latest was riding in the front of monorail black. The thing that made this special is it is one of the monorails I have in my monorail set-up in the our basement. It was definitely a magical experience to sit up front in the monorail as we went from the TTC to Epcot in our trasfer from Magic Kingdom.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

abenjen
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by abenjen » May Sat 03, 2008 6:59 pm

I would have to say... the very first time our daughter (5 at the time) saw the castle up close. The look of awe on her face... it made the entire trip worth it.

RREng77
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by RREng77 » May Sat 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Like many others, I have so many that are *favorites* to me that I'm now a life-long Disney fan. But if I have to pick just one...

My dw and I were staying at the Contemporary. She was pregnant and consistently exhausted at that time (this is key later). We managed a MK view on the 9th floor, and promised each other we'd watch the fireworks from the balcony (also key later). Since this was May, we could only count on the fireworks twice during our stay, and missed the first scheduled offering by over-staying our plan in the world showcase (last piece of key info).

The day of the second scheduled fireworks came, and we decided to watch the light parade before heading back to the room for the fireworks. On our way out, the entrance was PACKED with guests coming to see the fireworks. In order to see the fireworks show from scratch, I knew we couldn't wait for the bus or monorail due to thier lines. We (read I) decided to "walk" to the Contemporary to make the performance :oops: .

Since I was driven to fulfil my promise to watch the fireworks from the balcony, I walked fairly fast (for a not-pregnant man), practically pulling my wife behind me. By the time we arrived at the door to the towers, she was ready to let me finish the pregnancy for her. As if that wasn't bad enough, we ended up in the room over 5 minutes before the fireworks started, so she was able to fill that time quite well with warnings of what might happen to me if I ever planned a similar trek again. :shock:

Our "conversation" changed immediately when the fireworks started. Although we couldn't hear the music, it was extremely romantic, and I was eventually thanked for getting her there in time 8-) . Although I enjoyed the fireworks very much that evening, it was neat to see her eyes light up almost as bright as the skies for those few minutes. We still laugh about that walk to this day, and even re-walked it with our sons (the older of whom had been along for the ride during the original). :mickey:
To do the improbable, we first have to dream the impossible.

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7058/userbar646708dw8.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3340/userbar646714dx9.gif[/img][/url]

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » May Sun 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Mine has to be New Years Eve 1999-2000.

I was at MK, the park was full to bursting point and my dh was wearing full scottish dress, standing in front of the castle waiting for the countdown to the new century the atmosphere was electric :D