What's an attraction/show you've never seen...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

What's an attraction/show you've never seen...

Post by DisBeamer » May Sat 12, 2007 3:01 am

... even though you've been to the park it's at oodles of times? Anything you've never made it to? Is there a reason you're avoiding it? Stuff that's opened since your last visit doesn't count. ;)

All of the recent threads I've seen involving Fantasmic got me to thinking - I've been to MGM a bunch of times since that show opened but I've never gone to it (despite all the rave reviews it gets). I'm not much of a shows and parades person, but I love Wishes and (especially) Illuminations. I'm not sure why I've never bothered with Fantasmic; just one of those things I guess. The idea of -having- to turn up pretty early and wait around for it is probably part of the reason. I'd usually rather be doing something else while the crowds are busy. Someone sell me on it? :lol:

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Sat 12, 2007 7:38 am

Book the Fantasmic Dinner Pacakge and you won't have to wait with the crowd. Personally, it's my favorite evening show.

Honestly can't think of an attraction we've not visited - maybe Pooh's Playful Spot because it's just not age approproate for my kids. (And I hate that they took out a classic attraction and build a playground.)
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Sat 12, 2007 8:32 am

We've neve seen Mickey's Philharmonic (Did I spell that correct?). Also, we haven't seen the Hall of Presidents since they've added Clinton. That's not a political statement, we just haven't gone.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Sat 12, 2007 10:06 am

only been to WDW, and we did most of the things I've never done before, but, here's my list of things i still haven't done

Liberty Square Riverboat (never been at the dock at the same time to get on)
Astro-Orbiter (just never been, no excuse)
Honey I shrunk the Audience (just seemed kinda boring)
Tower of Terror (can't stand the dropping over and over)
all of Rafiki's Planet watch (train was never in the station when I was)
all of Camp Minnie-Mickey (just never been to see what's back there)
Finding Nemo the Musical (too busy when we were there)
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Sat 12, 2007 12:29 pm

Even after working in MGM for a few months, I've never seen the Drew Carey show, Play House Disney, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

I've also skipped everything except a couple of rides in Dinoland USA.

I've never done some of the rides at Paradise Pier either.

@DisBeamer- Go see Fantasmic! already! It's got Mickey, special appearances by many classic and new Disney characters; fireworks; lasers; special water, sound and visual effects; an awesome and catchy soundtrack that will leave you feeling totally giddy and satisfied at the end!

....just go see it. If you don't like it, you'll save a good 30-50 min on your next Disney trip.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » May Sat 12, 2007 2:28 pm

I have not seen "Mickey's Philharmonic" and The Tiki Birds "Under new management" in the Magic Kingdom,

I have not been on Soarin opened after 2003... for Epcot.

Who wants to be a millionaire, and the Drew Cary Show for MGM.

I dunno about The Animal Kingdom, Ive been on all the major rides, except for Expedition Everest, was built after 2003...

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Sat 12, 2007 2:30 pm

I had to get my guidemaps out to figure this one out :) .

First is the soundstage at MGM that they change every few years (Haunted Mansion, Chronicles of Narnia, can't remember what it was before those). They just don't really interest me, I don't hear many people talking about how good they are and I've also heard people muttering how it "wasn't what they expected".

The other thing is the Magic of Disney Animation which we mean to visit every trip but somehow forget about it. Probably because it isn't advertised too much and because it's located in that little corner courtyard all by itself.

Oh, and I never got around to Wonders of China at Epcot (or whatever that one is called).

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » May Mon 14, 2007 9:23 am

Jacca5660 wrote:We've never seen Mickey's Philharmonic .
Oh! You SO HAVE TO SEE IT! Really, it's quite charming! I LOVE it. It's a 3D CG movie. Add smell and wind to sections.. and you have an interactive experience. My Oldest (and QUITE picky brother) thought he would hate it (He has no love for culture,,, and thought it would be a "stuffy show" ) HE LOVED IT TOO!

It's a fun fun show for all!

:)

Oh, I haven't seen the new Nemo Show in AK... not yet anyhow. And I've never been to Mickey's Toontown in MK
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » May Mon 14, 2007 9:57 am

Beauty and the Beast at MGM. Though I liked the movie and the Broadway stage show, my family somehow never ended up stopping for that. I mean... we watched the TMNT show when it was at MGM in the 90s but never did B&B!

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » May Mon 14, 2007 10:30 am

There are so many things I've never done but some of the ones that stand out that always shock people are:

Never ridden the Astro Orbitor. It has just always been so crowded to do another Dumbo like ride.

Dumbo... always crowded to do a... Astro Orbitor like ride. :lol:

Never had a character dinner. Had a character Breakfeast in the castle though.

Lastly, never stayed in any of the better hotels. Always stayed at the Values including Pop Century.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Mon 14, 2007 1:18 pm

We see most of the show when we're doing a full day at a park. It's a great way to get out of the heat and rest awhile. We would have missed some great shows if it wasn't for the Florida heat.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Mon 14, 2007 4:15 pm

Wow... a lot of people have never ridden the Astro Orbiter... :shock:
To me it's a completely different experience than dumbo. For one it's much higher (obviously). But the rotation is also much faster and the angle tips towards the center much more.
Last edited by Cheshire Cat on May Mon 14, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » May Mon 14, 2007 4:16 pm

(MGM)I've never seen Fantasmic; Lights! Motors! Action!, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Adventure, the Drew Carey thing,

EPCOT- The Seas with Nemo.....just haven't seen it since it has opened
AK-Festival of the Lion King or the Nemo, Kali River Rapids
MK-Monster's Inc. Laugh factory,

That's it, that's the list!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » May Mon 14, 2007 5:11 pm

Anyone who hasn't tried the Astro Orbiter and isn't afraid of heights/bothered by spinning should definitely give it a whirl (ouch, pun). You get an awesome view from up there. I also really loved Mickey's Philharmagic - seeing the 'old school' characters in 3d (and done well in 3d) is really pretty cool.

It occurs to me reading this that I've never been on Kali River Rapids, either (of the things that were actually opened last time I was there). Getting drenched has just never appealed to me.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » May Mon 14, 2007 7:44 pm

I didn't think it was a whole lot until I started going through each of the parks, especially in WDW.

Goofy's Playhouse and Chip and Dale's Treehouse are two that, sadly, I can never go on in Disneyland.
Flik's Flyers in DCA
Magic Carpets, Tricera Top Spin, and Festival of the Lion King over at D-World
As well as anything that has opened at WDW over the last year, and including Expedition Everest, Soarin' and Turtle Talk.

If we're talking about ALL parks, then I've never been to DLP Resort, HKDL or TDL Resort
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D