What's an attraction/show you've never seen...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » May Fri 18, 2007 2:21 pm

I have never been on the teacups because I have very bad motion sickness.

I have never taken the train to conservation station at Animal Kingdom.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

JWG
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by JWG » May Fri 18, 2007 3:43 pm

Wow, I'd need an attraction listing to now everything:

Astro Orbiters (mostly because they're available at any theme park in the country in some form)
Anything in Fantasyland other than Its a Small World (did Fantasyland in 1986 as a kid, and haven't chosen to since - no good reason).
Any of the afternoon parades
Wishes
Sound stage shows (less Millionaire) at MGM

There's more, I'm just not thinking of it...
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Sat 19, 2007 12:26 am

I've never seen The Circle of Life. I Love the land boats and Soarin', but I never really have a desire to go into Circle. I really need to make a special trip. That and Playhouse Disney. Never saw that. I refuse to go into the Narnia walkthrough. I thought Narnia was decent at best, and a ride I would have done, but not good enough to have a walk-through only

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Sat 19, 2007 2:02 pm

FlatlandMounty wrote:I've never seen The Circle of Life. I Love the land boats and Soarin', but I never really have a desire to go into Circle. I really need to make a special trip. That and Playhouse Disney. Never saw that. I refuse to go into the Narnia walkthrough. I thought Narnia was decent at best, and a ride I would have done, but not good enough to have a walk-through only
it's barely even a walk through. When Dr. Ravenscroft and I went through it in December, we commented to each other "Is that all?". It took about 5 minutes, and was mostly a video set among the winter forest scene. not worth the time, IMHO
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » May Sat 19, 2007 6:42 pm

When my wife and I went and saw the Narnia her reaction was "Well I'm glad we didn't wait long on that, and we did it." It was a pretty lame, it seems they felt they needed to do something to have a connection to the movie at the parks to advertise it.

I've never done:

MK
Fairytale Garden/Storytime with Belle - Just not interested
Astro Orbiters - Line is always so bloody long

Epcot
The new Mexico boat ride - Not been there since it's open

MGM
Seen everything there that is a currently running

AK
Never been into "The Boneyard" - no reason, just haven't
Primeval Whirl - Wife doesn't like spinny rides. (Although I've been on the Tea Cups, she took pictures from the sidelines while I took my nephew on it.)

There are a few I've on/at once. But outside whats listed above, I've done everything once.
knedeau wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:We've never seen Mickey's Philharmonic .
Oh! You SO HAVE TO SEE IT!
[...]

Oh, I haven't seen the new Nemo Show in AK... not yet anyhow. And I've never been to Mickey's Toontown in MK
Yes you should see it Philimagic it gets 3 snaps in the shape of a mickey icon.

Knedeau, you should go see the Nemo show. It's really great. I was doubtful when they got rid of Tarzan Rocks! (I liked Tarzan Rocks, it was fun had a lot of great songs, it wasn't Cirq, but it was good. And it's MUCH better than the Tarzan broadway show.)

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » May Mon 21, 2007 1:51 pm

I have not been to anything new since 1999. From what I have read, it's alot. Also, I never been to Animal Kingdom. I plan to make up for all that in 2009.
Image Image

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » May Mon 21, 2007 5:40 pm

Hmm...let's see...

MK:
Liberty Square Riverboat - no real interest
Dumbo - I really want to ride this, but the line is always so darn LOOOONG
Astro Orbiter - again, no real interest

MGM:
Playhouse Disney - more of a kids show and not interested
Millionaire - never understood the hype surrounding this

AK:
Rafiki's Planet Watch - never took the time to take the train over
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » May Tue 22, 2007 2:51 am

Well besides never visiting WDW, In Anaheim There are only a few things I haven't done.

I've never seen Golden Dreams in Cali Adven or that Limo ride which is gone now. It was replaced by the Monsters Inc ride. Golden Dreams just doesn't seem like a lot of fun. It seems to me like a history lesson. I like history but not when I have limited time at my most favorite place. And the limo ride was never open when I went. I haven't seen the Aladdin Musical show in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. I think thats it. Yep thats it.
I do stuff sometimes.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Tue 22, 2007 10:32 am

bigthunderlover wrote:Golden Dreams just doesn't seem like a lot of fun. It seems to me like a history lesson. I haven't seen the Aladdin Musical show in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.
Golden Dreams isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The Aladdin show is a must see.

You didn't miss much with Limo, other than the bragging right of being on the worst Disney ride evah!
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

RiaLucia
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by RiaLucia » May Mon 28, 2007 11:28 pm

Interesting question.

An attraction that I never saw and never will because it's defunct is Horizons. I'm not sure when it went down--it may have been before my first visit to Epcot in April 2000, but I definitely wish I could have seen it because from what I hear, I'd have liked it. I think the only thing I haven't seen in Epcot is the movie in France.

There's a ton I haven't done or seen at DAK. I am ashamed to admit that I actively avoided it the first chance I got to go in 2000 because I figured it was a glorified zoo (this was probably before the Nah-ta-zu campaign), and when I did the college program two years later, I didn't go at all then either. The first time I went was the following year on a reunion trip with my CP roommates. I've still only seen maybe 3/4ths of the park.

At the Studios, I never did the Drew Carey Soundstage, Playhouse Disney, or Millionaire. I simply have no interest in any of those things. I didn't see Fantasmic for the first time until the aforementioned reunion trip either, and I've only seen it once since at Disneyland. For me, it's hard to spend the time waiting in line or staking out a spot for a show. I'd rather be riding something.

At the Magic Kingdom, I'm hard-pressed to think of anything I haven't done or seen at least once. There are things I haven't done since I was a child, like go to Tom Sawyer's Island, the Robinson Family Treehouse (has it been renamed since? I don't even know), the Riverboat cruise, and I've been to Toontown maybe once or twice in the last decade.

Disneyland/DCA...I'm sure there's a few things I haven't done yet out here either. I only went on the Matterhorn for the very first time last fall. That may have actually been the only thing I hadn't done up to that point. When I go to DCA, I tend to focus on what I know I'll like, like the HTH, Muppetvision 3-D, Soarin', and California Screamin'. Kinda sad when you consider that the first three are all things I've ridden numerous times at WDW and that's why I gravitate towards them and treat everything else like an afterthought.

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » May Tue 29, 2007 11:00 am

MK - Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Stitch's Great Escape or any ride in Mickey's Toontown Fair
Epcot - Living Seas with Nemo
Disney Studios - Lights, Motors, Actions!, Beauty and the Beast on stage, Millionaire or Drew Carey
AK - Tarzan Rocks, Festival of the Lion King, or anything at Camp Minnie-Mickey

Most of what I have missed has simply been because it didn't interest me, and I'd rather ride or do other things multiple times.
:mickey:
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » May Tue 29, 2007 12:22 pm

One reason my wife and I try to do just about everything in the parks is we visit so often people ask us questions. "What is X like?" Or "Can I do Y?" Even if an attraction isn't something we would choose first off, we feel like lets do it so if someone asks we can tell them what it's like.

Plus we often go with nieces/Nephews so we take in a lot of age approrate rides for them.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Wed 30, 2007 6:10 pm

The China circlevision at Epcot and the MK version of the Country Bears. Come to think of it, I guess I need to see that if I want a country bear fix!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

nancynohorse

Post by nancynohorse » May Thu 31, 2007 5:54 pm

I haven't seen Pirates with Jack Sparrow. How is it? :oops:
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » May Thu 31, 2007 7:34 pm

Magic Kingdom:

Astro Orbitor
The line just moves too darn slow!

MGM:

Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous
Just have never done it

The Magic of Disney Animation

Animal Kingdom:
The Finding Nemo show
once again, the line looked too long

there might be more but thats all I can think off the top of my head
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.