What would you change back?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bluebayougirl » Jun Tue 03, 2008 5:17 pm

I cant stand what they have done to fantasmic at DLR, it used to be my one of my favorite things to watch, now I avoid it. :) - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

rodders

Post by rodders » Jun Wed 04, 2008 10:07 am

Tiki Room for me. I listen to the original on CD all of the time and I yearn to see the Tiki Room as Walt originally planned.

bluebayougirl wrote:I cant stand the changes to Fantasmic at DLR. They should have left the origional version alone. :) - blue
I love it at WDW, what have they changed at DL?
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

natatomic
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by natatomic » Jun Wed 04, 2008 10:46 am

Spaceship Earth. This last renovation was one of the worst "updates" to any ride anywhere (at least for the awful second half. The new stuff before the planetarium is fine). But there's practically no musical score to speak of, and while Dame Judi Dench is a very respectable woman, her voice simply does NOTHING for the attraction. No inspiration, no depth or emotion...it's now a heartbreak of a ride, for sure.
http://natatomic.blogspot.com

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jun Wed 04, 2008 12:39 pm

natatomic wrote:Spaceship Earth. This last renovation was one of the worst "updates" to any ride anywhere (at least for the awful second half. The new stuff before the planetarium is fine). But there's practically no musical score to speak of, and while Dame Judi Dench is a very respectable woman, her voice simply does NOTHING for the attraction. No inspiration, no depth or emotion...it's now a heartbreak of a ride, for sure.
does the ride still squeak, grunt and make metal whine noises?
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

natatomic

Post by natatomic » Jun Wed 04, 2008 10:44 pm

^It does. Come on, Disney - you can afford a can of WD-40.
http://natatomic.blogspot.com

PudgetteD
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by PudgetteD » Jul Sun 13, 2008 11:26 am

Get rid of the sorcerer's hat @ MGM! I'd love to see Mr. Toad and the submarine ride return to WDW (the original, not Nemo!)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Sun 13, 2008 3:47 pm

i would love to see a lot of the old attractions from tomorrowland especially the people mover. get rid of innoventions because i don't think anyone really enjoys it except to play the video games on the second level.

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jul Sun 13, 2008 7:02 pm

i really miss the old subs. i cant believe that disney changed them. :( thise subs should have gotten upgraded instead of changing them. or maybe they could have had both rides running in the same area. i sure do miss the good old days.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Sun 13, 2008 11:09 pm

I miss just about every ride that has changed at WDW. I do however like the updated SE. My fiance and I laughed our butts off, and we heard a lot of laughter coming from other guests.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Mon 14, 2008 2:33 am

Sharonofwindham wrote:Was anyone else disgusted with the pillars and fountain at the entrance to Epcot? By pillars I mean the big eyesores with the tiny pix on them, and the ugly fountain with all the strangly placed rocks? I could not believe my eyes the first time I saw this! The old fountain with the glass structure in the middle, and the water sheeting over the blue tiles was just beautiful. And all the flower beds where the pillars now stand, I almost cried!
You mean the EPCOT tomb stone garden.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Jul Tue 15, 2008 7:39 am

Bring back the Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club and Wildhorse Saloon. Heck, all of PI. As necessary as it is for the company to close it, it shouldn't be closing.
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jul Thu 31, 2008 3:41 pm

I would like to change back and forward the Carousel of Progress. Nobody has been as good as Rex Allen as the father in the scenes. I would like to bring back the first 2 scenes with him and then update the 3rd scene with someone as his son, grown, and the last scene with his grandson as a grown man to represent the present and soon to be future. But also each of the last scenes have the original guy with the son and grandson.

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Aug Fri 29, 2008 8:38 pm

Journey into imagination, and at the Magic Kingdom get rid of the Pooh Playspot. It is such a waste of space
Sharonofwindham wrote:Horizons hands down. But one that my sister and I always made sure to catch every visit was Timekeeper, we really loved that attraction.
Timekeeper was always my favorite too! I miss it

bamato
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by bamato » Sep Tue 09, 2008 7:42 am

As EVERYONE feels, bring the peoplemover back to DL. Mainly because I never got to ride it in my lifetime.

Also, like Captain Shnemo said, revert everything back to 15 years ago and start over from scratch. I mainly mean DCA. Instead of building it, then changing it all up years later and spending billions to do so, just build it right the first time. (and mistakenly leave out the sun wheel of doom)

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Tue 09, 2008 11:25 pm

I would open up Body Wars year round and get that whole pavilion back up and running year round. I find it a terrible decision to let a building sit as a virtual waste of space.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"