In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Pet peeves

Post by rdeacon » Apr Mon 09, 2007 10:24 am

Ok time to rant.

I hate when people are ignorant and can't follow the rules, like everyone else.

My top two offenders:
  • 1. Taking Flash pics on darks rides
    2. In large theaters not moving to the end of the row. Middle stoppers!

When I was just down in March-April a guest too flash pictures all through the new Nemo ride in Epcot. ARRRGH! :evil: Luckly they were a few clams away but I still could catch the flash and its was very annoying.

Drives me nuts that people also can't move to the end of a row... What makes them so special they can just sit where they want. :evil:

Ok what drives you nuts, let it all out.. :lol:

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Mon 09, 2007 11:03 am

People who stop in the middle of the walkway to decide what to do. Whenever I stop I also drag all my friends off to the side and out of the way.

Also, people who've been standing in line waiting for food/snacks and don't decide what they want until they get to the counter.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Mon 09, 2007 11:43 am

Oh man, you guys hit four of my biggest ones. I think my 1-2 punch of irritability is the flash pictures on dark rides, and the people who just STOP in the middle of a walkway.

Or, related but slightly different, is the people who just STOP as soon as they take one step outside of a store or ride exit. Heellloooo! People behind you!
~Steve

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Apr Mon 09, 2007 1:22 pm

People who stop in the middle of the walkway to decide what to do. Whenever I stop I also drag all my friends off to the side and out of the way.
Oh yes - LOL. Of course, I haven't been to the parks in awhile, but I experience this all the time when I go to Cedar Point in Ohio too. Just stop and "Ack!"
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Mon 09, 2007 1:47 pm

I think my biggest pet peeve is Flash photography and saying lines right before the attraction does, or simply talking/chatting/singing/opening your mouth when it's not appropriate(which is subjective, but come on- I didn't go on this, just to hear your voice!).

Also, littering, cutting in line and feeding the animals :x
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Apr Mon 09, 2007 2:21 pm

I agree with all of you. But one of mine is people who use the strollers as wapons. They don't care who gets in their way or how big the crowd is they just start pushing and wheel their way through. I can't tell you how many times I've been hit by those things and they just keep going like they own the park. (I understand that occasionally one might bump you those are not the ones I am talking about)

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Mon 09, 2007 2:34 pm

bbowen13 wrote:I agree with all of you. But one of mine is people who use the strollers as wapons. They don't care who gets in their way or how big the crowd is they just start pushing and wheel their way through. I can't tell you how many times I've been hit by those things and they just keep going like they own the park. (I understand that occasionally one might bump you those are not the ones I am talking about)
Yes! I understand fully that sometimes people accidentally bump into you; it's the name of the game in a place where there are a lot of kids around. But using a stroller to force your way through a crowded area is not cool.

Flash pictures in dark rides my biggest peeve. I know it's not in the 'Disney spirit' but I find myself hoping they get home and are disappointed when the pictures don't turn out/reveal all the things/machinery that are supposed 'hidden' by the darkness. :oops:

trekty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by trekty » Apr Mon 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Christmas 05 my dad was knocked over by a lady in a motorized wheelchair, who has plowing her way through between the train station and the parade crowd at MK. When he went down, shw just kept right on going.
Nancie
Any day above ground is a good one

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Apr Mon 09, 2007 3:02 pm

trekty wrote:Christmas 05 my dad was knocked over by a lady in a motorized wheelchair, who has plowing her way through between the train station and the parade crowd at MK. When he went down, shw just kept right on going.
Oh my... hope he was ok.

I can speak for the other side on this one. My wife will rent one of them in Epcot, because she has a bad back. Now she has never ever bowled anyone, and not saying you father cut in front or her, but I will say that everyone walks in front of you when you are in an ECV.. it can be so irratiting. Its like you have a sign.. please walk in front of me.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

trekty

Post by trekty » Apr Mon 09, 2007 3:10 pm

he was fine, we were all in the process of walking through the little path when she started through from the other end, she wasn't about to wait her turn. You are right, people do seem to love to walk in front of the EVC! I give them a wide berth :lol:
Nancie
Any day above ground is a good one

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Apr Mon 09, 2007 5:53 pm

I agree with everyone about the people who stop righht in front of you as you're walking and the flash pics during rides, but I must say that the flashes are the most disturbing during projection videos. One time on Soarin' some lady took a picture everytime it changed the scene and for a few brief seconds all that was visible was the screen because of the flash. Furthermore, doesn't she realize that all she's going to see in the picture is the blank screen anyway!?!?. Grrrr! I also don't like the inconsiderate people that talk while on a ride. On quite a few instances when we road test track people would talk over the narration about what ride they want to go on next for the entire indoor portion of the ride. I hope I'm not the only one that finds that strange, because my dad tends to do that too and I try to tell him to be quiet.

tergiversate
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by tergiversate » Apr Mon 09, 2007 6:01 pm

my pet peeve is if you are seated on a ride next to a bunch of yammering teens. well, anyone who talks loud enough that you can barely hear anything. happened when I was on Pirates the last time.

of course, then I was the one screaming because I got water in my mouth on the first plunge. all I could think about was that one Simpsons episode. don't drink the water!
Humans strive for perfection and time just strives for tomorrow, and neither really gets there.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Apr Mon 09, 2007 10:27 pm

Along With the "flashers" and "stoppers" How about the people that leave their gum in all different places. :evil:

sockfire

Post by sockfire » Apr Mon 09, 2007 10:40 pm

Mine is when people run to get in line. What's the big hurry to wait in line? :evil:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Mon 09, 2007 10:50 pm

at this time, I'd have to say "All of the Above". I agree with every statement thus far. I hate the flash pictures, the people who stop for no apparent reason, the gum leavers, the yakkers, the litterers, and the people who knock into you/knock you over with a ECV/Stroller without so much as a "sorry"...

I will admit, that on certain attractions, I have been known to hum along with the song. I try to contain it as much as possible, but sometimes my happiness overpowers my control..
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak