Pet peeves

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Sep Tue 15, 2009 7:10 am

I couldn't believe it on our last trip to WDW, the lady used her video camera with a huge bright light the entire pirates of the caribbean ride. She sat right behind us and it was so incredibly rude! We quickly got in line again to ride it without the distraction.

And the people who stop halfway down the row, kudos to the lady at one mans dream who made them keep moving!!!!

And why do you have to stop in the middle of the walkway, its a walkway!!!!!!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Tue 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Our POTC boat got "yelled" at 3 times during the ride to not take flash pictures...they kept taking them throughout the whole ride.

PureDisney
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by PureDisney » Sep Wed 16, 2009 9:24 am

MmeLeota wrote:Our POTC boat got "yelled" at 3 times during the ride to not take flash pictures...they kept taking them throughout the whole ride.
I hate the Flash pictures. I also hate the screaming in Haunted Mansion, some people get on the doom buggies and just scream their whole way through. I hate that.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Wed 16, 2009 12:34 pm

PureDisney wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Our POTC boat got "yelled" at 3 times during the ride to not take flash pictures...they kept taking them throughout the whole ride.
I hate the Flash pictures. I also hate the screaming in Haunted Mansion, some people get on the doom buggies and just scream their whole way through. I hate that.
Me too! Let me enjoy the ghosts "in peace" please... :)

MomPaula
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Location: The mountains-no not the Disney ones, unfortunately.

Post by MomPaula » Sep Thu 17, 2009 9:28 am

Strollers! I hate the way they think they always have the right of way; run into people's legs, over peoples toes! GRRR :x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. ~ Walt Disney

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1291445988.png[/img]

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Sep Fri 18, 2009 11:30 am

MomPaula wrote:Strollers! I hate the way they think they always have the right of way; run into people's legs, over peoples toes! GRRR :x
So true. People with strollers, or even just little noisy kids, always seem to think they mean more than you do because hey, who couldn't find their children to be absolutely the most flawless things ever created. That and the "If I have to put up with it 24 hours everyday you can deal for 30 minutes" mentality.

God forbid you make contact with their stroller/their kid/them as they cut you off/veer directly into you! The gaul of you not to immediately dive out of their way! Your now bruising shin momentarily distrubed my stroller, the nerve of you![/i]

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Man, y'all have nailed every one of my worst peeves! It's interesting how the most faithful of Disney folks all seem to have one thing in common: a respect for common courtesy. I guess that's what makes this group special. Everyone loves Disney for its emphasis on traditional positive thinking and values, coupled with respect and love for one's fellow man. Why is it that there are so many people in the world now who just don't give a flip about those things? Those people are easy to spot when you're in the parks, aren't they? They're the ones who are usually running roughshod over everyone else's rights, while they act as though somehow the rest of us are inconveniencing them because we dare to breathe the air they are trampling through. Oh well, we won't let it rob us of our joy, will we?
Okay, here's another peeve I have that is directed to the CM's themselves. What is so freaking hard about saying "I don't know, but I'm willing to help you find out" when they are asked a question they can't answer?! Hello... Customer Service 101: acknowledge what you don't know and offer to help find the answer!! It is very frustrating when CM's give you some lame answer just to get rid of you, and you end up chasing your tail for twenty or thirty minutes only to find out that they had no clue what they were talking about!!!! GRRRRRR!!! :x :x :x :x

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Oct Fri 09, 2009 9:56 pm

That reminds me of a time when on Soarin', one guy two seats from me was talking flash pictures at every scene. Every scene! The CMs told the guy to stop a few times, but he didn't seem to understand. Whatever, it's not like his pictures are going to turn out, especially the one of the blank black screen.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 09, 2009 10:20 pm

I also hate the screaming in Haunted Mansion, some people get on the doom buggies and just scream their whole way through. I hate that.
Had it so bad one time when I went to Disneyland Paris and rode Phantom Manor that it ruined the first time experience on the ride. The screaming was so loud that it gave one of my family members a headache to have hear that loud screaming constantly in that ride. Luckily, after complaining to a cast member, they allowed us to get back on the ride without having to stand in line all over again. Aside from screaming in the Haunted Mansion, why can't people shut up when the stretching gallery starts? Last time, people talked so loud I could barely hear the Ghost Host narration. And as far as the recent addition of the creaking wood sound effects - useless! - people talk so loud you can't hear those sound effects. There are those people who do forget that they're not the only one there to enjoy the ride - or maybe they just live in their own little word where they the only person in the world that matters? Please, you can enjoy the ride AND be considerate to those around you at the same time on the ride.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Sun 11, 2009 10:57 pm

mindflipper wrote:
I also hate the screaming in Haunted Mansion, some people get on the doom buggies and just scream their whole way through. I hate that.
Had it so bad one time when I went to Disneyland Paris and rode Phantom Manor that it ruined the first time experience on the ride. The screaming was so loud that it gave one of my family members a headache to have hear that loud screaming constantly in that ride. Luckily, after complaining to a cast member, they allowed us to get back on the ride without having to stand in line all over again. Aside from screaming in the Haunted Mansion, why can't people shut up when the stretching gallery starts? Last time, people talked so loud I could barely hear the Ghost Host narration. And as far as the recent addition of the creaking wood sound effects - useless! - people talk so loud you can't hear those sound effects. There are those people who do forget that they're not the only one there to enjoy the ride - or maybe they just live in their own little word where they the only person in the world that matters? Please, you can enjoy the ride AND be considerate to those around you at the same time on the ride.
I totally agree! I know I mentioned this either earlier in this thread or on another one, but because it's a natural habit for me to speak the narration, I always mouth the words in the gallery/portrait hall and vocalize when I get in my doombuggy...this way I hope I'm not distracting anyone in case it's their first time. I know I wouldn't want anyone to ruin my first ride on an attraction either. Common courtesy folks.

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Oct Mon 12, 2009 8:20 pm

HMM...my Disney pet peeve huh? OH I KNOW!!! I really hate it when I have to pay admission to the parks..I mean seriously..when are we going to live in a world where things dont cost money?

okay im just joking...disney pet peeve...disney pet peeve...hmmm...oh okay..here is one...this is absolutely stupid...and its not really a pet peeve..its more of a "I just dont understand why" sort of thing...can anyone tell me why they dont sell pineapple juice at the little quick service restaurant at the poly? I mean they sell Dole Whips...so why not the juice? Cant a brotha get himself a dole whip float without paying admission to the magic kingdom?? It would make perfect sense..and Im sure im not the only lunatic that would buy it...soooo personally I feel as if Disney is losing out on some potential sales...call my crazy..buuut I think it would be a good idea. Any thoughts?

Peerless83

Post by Peerless83 » Oct Mon 12, 2009 8:22 pm

oh and in response to the people talking about breast feeding in public and changing diapers on restaurant tables...next time you see someone doing this...politely walk over to them...look them square in the eye..and in as calm of a voice as possible.....SLAP THEM ACROSS THE FACE!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Mon 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Peerless83 wrote:oh and in response to the people talking about breast feeding in public and changing diapers on restaurant tables...next time you see someone doing this...politely walk over to them...look them square in the eye..and in as calm of a voice as possible.....SLAP THEM ACROSS THE FACE!
Now THAT'S FUNNY!! I don't care who you are... (as Larry the Cable Guy would say).
Seriously, though, I would love to do that, but.... I don't want to be sent to Mickey prison and then expelled from the park....
Ahhh... to dream....

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Peerless83 wrote:oh and in response to the people talking about breast feeding in public and changing diapers on restaurant tables...next time you see someone doing this...politely walk over to them...look them square in the eye..and in as calm of a voice as possible.....SLAP THEM ACROSS THE FACE!
The breast feeding I can understand, I'm 49 and I..well. How do you slap a mom with a baby attached to her boob? From Tampa? You've been in both JJ's and Dennings haven't you?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Mon 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Very funny, but I don't think that would have a happy ending for me. It might end with me getting my feet glued to the floor and being forced to sing on IASW. Unfortunately, this is something that annoys me but when you think about it, there is really nothing that Disney can do.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"