Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by jrc731 » Apr Tue 10, 2007 10:58 am

TTA. But I love it!

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » Apr Tue 10, 2007 10:56 pm

The American Adventure. I've never had a problem finding a seat for that show. Plus of the people that go, 1/2 stay awake.

jbvenn
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jbvenn » Apr Tue 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Another vote for TTA; we never miss it! At other parks:
Epcot: The hedge maze in the UK
AK: the gorillas. They don't seem to get as much attention as the giraffes, lions and elephants, but I could watch them all day.
MGM: the animation building -- a shadow of its former self, but still, it's what Disney is all about
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

realcal
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by realcal » Apr Wed 11, 2007 7:31 am

I'd have to say Tom Sawyer's Island at DL, although when they closed Fort Wilderness, it wasn't as much fun. But now they are adding Pirates' Cove and I think it will have a great new life. Maybe it won't be so overlooked now...
A very merry unbirthday to you!

yoyoflamingo
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by yoyoflamingo » Apr Wed 11, 2007 4:21 pm

TTA, without a doubt. Also, the original El Rio Del Tiempo. With the refurb we shall see what happens as an overlooked attraction though.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Wed 11, 2007 9:59 pm

It makes me happy to see so many people like the TTA, even if it still does rank as 'overlooked'. It's not just my favorite overlooked attraction, I think it's my overall favorite. Especially when the MK is open late enough you can ride it in the dark, or when the fireworks are going. *wistful sigh*

The other (often) overlooked thing I really like in the MK is Shruken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats. I can understand why people, well, overlook them when they're in a hurry and maybe don't visit WDW very often, but I've had a ton of fun messing around with those lil' boats. :D
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

slotofkit

Post by slotofkit » Apr Wed 11, 2007 11:40 pm

In the Disneyland area I think Muppetvision is a great overlooked attraction (and it's in DCA which doesn't help).

In Disney World I'd say the Journey Into Imagination attraction.

Although both aren't overlooked as far as people who like them, they seem to be underwhelmed in terms of lines.
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

yoyoflamingo

Post by yoyoflamingo » Apr Sun 15, 2007 4:38 pm

Journey Into Imagination, as much as it is a major part of the pavilion, I think would qualify as Overlooked, since I don't think I have ever waited more than 5 minutes for it.

And I think it is so quiet because so many people miss the original, which was truly a great experience. I mean, I remember 45 minute waits for that attraction.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Apr Sun 15, 2007 7:09 pm

A semi-extinct overlooked attraction would probably be the old imageworks labs that were on the second floor of the imagination pavilion. I think the reason they're now downstairs and at the exit is because they were so overlooked. The old pavilion had a made "imaginative" feel to it. I especially loved the way the elevator was decorated and went right up the center of one of the pyarmids. Two of the coolest skylights now gone to waste... :x

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Wed 18, 2007 2:03 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:A semi-extinct overlooked attraction would probably be the old imageworks labs that were on the second floor of the imagination pavilion. I think the reason they're now downstairs and at the exit is because they were so overlooked. The old pavilion had a made "imaginative" feel to it. I especially loved the way the elevator was decorated and went right up the center of one of the pyarmids. Two of the coolest skylights now gone to waste... :x
I remember having to work sooo hard to convince my parents to go up there. They wouldn't believe me that there was something to see. :lol: I remember liking the ... squares of light (I think?) that you could step on that made music. Sort of like what they have in the current exit area (had? I haven't been in there in a few years) now, where it makes different animal sounds and whatnot.

trekty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by trekty » Apr Wed 18, 2007 7:56 am

Does DCA count as an attraction? :?
I was there the last weekend in August and it was so empty! The longest wait I had was for Soarin and that was less then 30 minutes, I walked onto just about every ride, didn't have to fight to get around anyone just standing in the middle of the walkways. It was my first visit to DCA, but I really enjoyed it, the atmoshpere is different then any of the parks in WDW (which I have visited quite a few times). The cast members here were very friendly, happy to visit (of course they were bored as well. :) )
Nancie
Any day above ground is a good one

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Apr Wed 18, 2007 2:51 pm

I remember liking the ... squares of light (I think?) that you could step on that made music. Sort of like what they have in the current exit area (had? I haven't been in there in a few years) now, where it makes different animal sounds and whatnot.
Yeah, they still have those I think, it's one of the few things that survived the refurb. Everything else in there is just computers and stuff now, nothing really imaginative

Halvogirl

Post by Halvogirl » Apr Fri 20, 2007 11:51 am

DL: Pinnochio's Daring Journey or Storybookland Canal Boats
I agree, with Story Book. I ignored that ride for years and now it is one of my favorite. I always have the urg to jump out of the boat and play with the scenery like you would a doll house. Plus you get to see giant ducks.
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage

foldmama

Post by foldmama » Apr Fri 20, 2007 1:55 pm

For me it has to be TTA and COP. I never realized you could go into Stave Chuch. I had no idea. I will definitely do this on my next trip! I love what you can learn on these boards.

Steve: I also love the Birds of Wonder show. I made my whole family go last November and everyone thought it was amazing! In the past, we had always walked by.

MGM - One Man's Dream

MissPrincess
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by MissPrincess » Apr Fri 20, 2007 1:56 pm

I really enjoy the Storybookland Canal Boats. It's such a cute ride.

For Epcot, American Adventure is often overlooked but absolutely wonderful. The movie in France doesn't seem to be mentioned very often by people, but it's so beautiful.