Favorite Overlooked Attraction

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Thu 12, 2010 2:45 pm

I guess that's why we all love Disney mindflipper, they always seem to go the extra mile!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Thu 12, 2010 3:17 pm

that really is awesome about the BBQ sauce!!!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:I guess that's why we all love Disney mindflipper, they always seem to go the extra mile!
Yup! Thumbs up to the Sci-Fi chef mindflipper! Although I'm guessing most of the restaurants would have treated y'all in the same mindful fashion :D

LITTLEBIT
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Fri 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Amy wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:I guess that's why we all love Disney mindflipper, they always seem to go the extra mile!
Yup! Thumbs up to the Sci-Fi chef mindflipper! Although I'm guessing most of the restaurants would have treated y'all in the same mindful fashion :D
Way to tarnish the pixie dust Amy. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 13, 2010 10:54 pm

LITTLEBIT wrote:
Amy wrote:
Way to tarnish the pixie dust Amy. :D
Whoops :oops: But maybe it is just that I think the whole resort is sprinkled in magic pixie dust?!?! :D

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Fri 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Amy wrote:
LITTLEBIT wrote: Way to tarnish the pixie dust Amy. :D
Whoops :oops: But I think the whole resort is sprinkled in magic pixie dust?!?! D
That is very true. I wouldn't be surprised if when I receive my package documents in a few weeks, some will fall out when we open it.

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 3:17 pm

I would have to say Snow white or Winnie the Pooh

Snow White is a little scary for the little ones but I do enjoy it and I'm glad that there is never that long of a line. Also... growing up with Winnie the Pooh brings back memories when I go on that ride. I just love that fuzzy old bear :)

BayLakeTowers

Post by BayLakeTowers » Aug Mon 16, 2010 3:42 pm

I always head to the animation courtyard in DHS to the "Magic of Disney Animation". It's sad that it's no longer a working animation studio like it used to be, but there is a drawing class that happens about every 30 minutes where they teach you how to draw a Disney character. There's never a big crowd because there's no sign and people walk right by.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Mon 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Cosmic Ray's is actually pretty cool. There is a life-size animatronic alien (think: "Alf") who sits at an electronic keyboard and plays/sings/cracks jokes. It's actually pretty entertaining, and whoever the voice talent is on the recording is actually a very good singer. That would be a good trivia search: try to find out who provides the voice talent.
The food is fairly typical for a quick-service. I like it....
Challenge accepted and complete...Kal David provides Sonny Eclipse's voice for the show...here is a link to an interview he did for a webcast, I don't know that the link is still active, when I clicked on it I was shown to inside the magic.net so I'm guessing you would have to do a history search since the show was back in 2007...but if you are interested, here it is :D
http://www.distantcreations.com/blog/20 ... y-eclipse/
Coooooool......! Thanks, Amy! (in my best Crush the Turtle voice...) you so totally rock, squirt!

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Tue 26, 2012 10:50 pm

CoP and PeopleMover in California were always my favorite overlooked attractions. Now I look for little hidden nostalgic spots in the Park that other people walk right by. There are still areas of Main Street that feel right and since everyone else is heading towards the rides, you can really make it feel like the earlier, less-crowded times. I don't know if I can think of any attraction at Disneyland that seems overlooked now, everyone seems to be in a line for something :mickey:
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

junebug1233
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Mon 09, 2012 11:56 am

I have to wonder if TTA is really overlooked or if people just think it is. There have been tons of TTA responses here plus I know a lot of people who love this ride (including me). Maybe since the ride is continuous, it seems like it is more overlooked than it actually is.

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Mon 09, 2012 4:06 pm

junebug1233 wrote:I have to wonder if TTA is really overlooked or if people just think it is. There have been tons of TTA responses here plus I know a lot of people who love this ride (including me). Maybe since the ride is continuous, it seems like it is more overlooked than it actually is.
Oh, I know TTA still draws people, I was just doing my nostalgic thoughts about Disneyland, CA. The Peoplemover and CoP slowly became more and more overlooked as different, faster rides appeared. I never skipped those attractions, so I witnessed how they started to fade away, then...gone :( So my "looking for the hidden away spots on Main Street" is how I relive a bit of the '60's & 70's.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

junebug1233

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Mon 09, 2012 6:00 pm

DisneySpin wrote:
junebug1233 wrote:I have to wonder if TTA is really overlooked or if people just think it is. There have been tons of TTA responses here plus I know a lot of people who love this ride (including me). Maybe since the ride is continuous, it seems like it is more overlooked than it actually is.
Oh, I know TTA still draws people, I was just doing my nostalgic thoughts about Disneyland, CA. The Peoplemover and CoP slowly became more and more overlooked as different, faster rides appeared. I never skipped those attractions, so I witnessed how they started to fade away, then...gone :( So my "looking for the hidden away spots on Main Street" is how I relive a bit of the '60's & 70's.
I think it is true that younger people don't appreciate TTA though. I think I love it so much because I grew up going to Disney. If it ever goes away, that would be a sad day.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 09, 2012 6:30 pm

junebug1233 wrote:
DisneySpin wrote:
I think it is true that younger people don't appreciate TTA though. I think I love it so much because I grew up going to Disney. If it ever goes away, that would be a sad day.
I would guess that a lot of guests do sort of skip TTA. I can't imagine my teen-aged niece and nephew enjoying it, and even the littler nephew at age 9 would probably announce it to be "boring". I like how it gives an overview of Tomorrowland and that brief glimpse of Space Mountain is always exciting too. I think how kids view an attraction depends so much on how their parents value the attraction. Hopefully there will always be enough people around that enjoy the older attractions like TTA, and the Carousel of Progress, to keep newer generations excited!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 10, 2012 2:53 pm

I never leave MK without doing the TTA. It's a must-do no matter what!