Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by dinosaur33 » Apr Sun 01, 2007 12:22 pm

Looks like I found something good to do today. :D

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Apr Sun 01, 2007 12:40 pm

I'll be putting that on in the background, for sure 8)

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Apr Sun 01, 2007 5:49 pm

What I think is funny, and sad, is the Travel channel is doing the work the Disney channel should be doing by showing this type of programming.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Sun 01, 2007 9:58 pm

I was watching some of the resorts specials, and it makes me regret not spending time to explore them when I had the chance.

As for the Disney channel not having tie-ins to the theme parks, it is a bit sad. I do remember some of the behind the scene specials they used to do. They still do that from time to time when there's a new attraction, but it's definitely not the same.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Mon 02, 2007 11:26 am

Gaaaah!! I was out of the house all day and didn't TiVo any of this!!

<---- sad.
~Steve

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Apr Mon 02, 2007 4:23 pm

I was able to see the Undiscovered show and the Disney World hour. Both were excellent! I already knew most of the undiscovered stuff and wished they had spent a little more time at the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Both shows were quite new and featured all the latest attractions. I thought the filming was better quality than I'd ever seen before for Disney World - almost made me feel like I was there!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Mon 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Just wanted to let you know about my 15 seconds of fame. (Actually it's more like 1 second.)

If you're watching the start of any of the Travel Channel specials about WDW, during the intro montage there's a brief clip of a Guest Relations Cast Member walking with a family in front of Cinderella Castle... that Cast Member is me!
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

DISNEYman
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DISNEYman » Apr Mon 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Add me to the list of wishing that the Disney Channel would show behind-the-scenes tours of the Disney parks. It is free advertising for their own parks, and would only increase the amount of children begging mom and dad for a trip to WDW.

CDAbleson
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by CDAbleson » Apr Tue 03, 2007 8:44 am

Most of those programs have run before, on the TC...However, there was new content to them this time...This sort of stuff should be on the Disney Channel, without fail...That is really why we wanted the Disney Channel in the first place right.....?

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Apr Tue 03, 2007 1:38 pm

kgmadorin wrote:Just wanted to let you know about my 15 seconds of fame. (Actually it's more like 1 second.)

If you're watching the start of any of the Travel Channel specials about WDW, during the intro montage there's a brief clip of a Guest Relations Cast Member walking with a family in front of Cinderella Castle... that Cast Member is me!
Wow, you're a star! Did you know about this before they aired or was it just a surprise appearance?
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Tue 03, 2007 8:19 pm

Esmeralda wrote:
kgmadorin wrote:Just wanted to let you know about my 15 seconds of fame. (Actually it's more like 1 second.)

Wow, you're a star! Did you know about this before they aired or was it just a surprise appearance?
Yeah, I knew about the filming, because it was actually part of a larger segment filmed about DSA (Disney Special Activities) aka VIP Tour Services. Though I don't think the segment ever aired, they did keep this clip as part of the montage at the beginning of every show.

I heard about it about two years ago when a friend of mine who was tivo-ing the episode was able to rewind the segment, verified it was me, and called me to spread the news. Trust me, its not much, but that's my claim to fame. :wink:
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Apr Tue 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Got a youtube link?

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Apr Wed 04, 2007 6:00 am

I liked the program on Imagineering, although it was a little outdated (2002) I think, so it didn't really show any of the design processes for some of the new rides, but it was still interesting to see their whole process
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Wed 04, 2007 1:23 pm

FlyingMouse wrote: Got a youtube link?
I don't, but if any of you know where these episodes can be found online, please let me know!

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Apr Wed 04, 2007 2:05 pm

Looks like there is going to be a repeat of the shows. April 12th. Check your local times.

http://travel.discovery.com/tvlistings/ ... &hhmm=1500