Which Tower of Terror do you prefer ?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 22, 2009 4:29 pm

hockeygirl wrote:It's way better at night. Spookier. :P
I did enjoy the great views of the park during the day. However, I think it is a lot scarier to do at night. The whole idea of darkness probably adds a lot to the experience and makes it feel even worse.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Aug Sat 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Len90 wrote:
hockeygirl wrote:It's way better at night. Spookier. :P
I did enjoy the great views of the park during the day. However, I think it is a lot scarier to do at night. The whole idea of darkness probably adds a lot to the experience and makes it feel even worse.
Oh yeah, i was on the last run for the night one time. It was so much better to go on at night since its darker than usual.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Each time I visit WDW, I LOVE to take in the Tower during the day, at dusk AND at night! It changes and gives a different feel depending on what time of day you ride it. I also love to take in everything about the Tower! It's my most favorite attraction in all the World! :D I love the windows when you exit the attraction, most people probably don't notice them, they're full of detail!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sun 23, 2009 7:14 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Each time I visit WDW, I LOVE to take in the Tower during the day, at dusk AND at night! It changes and gives a different feel depending on what time of day you ride it. I also love to take in everything about the Tower! It's my most favorite attraction in all the World! :D I love the windows when you exit the attraction, most people probably don't notice them, they're full of detail!
I'm too terrified to notice ANY details!!! :shock: I'll have to get the details from someone else, as I doubt I'll be riding the ToT again.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 23, 2009 10:13 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Each time I visit WDW, I LOVE to take in the Tower during the day, at dusk AND at night! It changes and gives a different feel depending on what time of day you ride it. I also love to take in everything about the Tower! It's my most favorite attraction in all the World! :D I love the windows when you exit the attraction, most people probably don't notice them, they're full of detail!
Although shaking the entire time before, during, and after riding. I did try and take in the scenes. It is in my opinion, THE BEST ride queue in all of WDW. I really enjoyed walking through the lobby. It does a great job in setting the tone.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 23, 2009 11:06 pm

You don't have to ride the ride to check out the windows, they're as you exit the ToT gift shop! They're full of detail, if you don't want ride ToT, just go past the entry and you can see the windows. :D

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Mon 24, 2009 1:28 am

I never noticed the windows before, probably because I'm too busy buying those old key rings that are GIGANTIC!!!!! The ones that remind me of hotel keys when I was a kid... AHHHHH, the memories! :mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Mon 24, 2009 10:23 am

hockeygirl wrote:I never noticed the windows before, probably because I'm too busy buying those old key rings that are GIGANTIC!!!!! The ones that remind me of hotel keys when I was a kid... AHHHHH, the memories! :mrgreen:
LOL, I have that keychain too! I also love the Mouse Ears, I have one of every color! :lol:

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Mon 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Sweet! People look at me funny when I hand them the keys to my house and it's on that big old key ring. :lol: OK, I'm ready to pack up and go now. I need a ride on ToT! :mickey:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Wed 02, 2009 7:05 pm

hockeygirl wrote:Sweet! People look at me funny when I hand them the keys to my house and it's on that big old key ring. :lol: OK, I'm ready to pack up and go now. I need a ride on ToT! :mickey:
I almost bought that keychain!!! But I never made it over to the ToT giftshop save but for maybe twice since I don't care to ride it....

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Sep Wed 09, 2009 3:30 pm

I'd go to the gift shop anyway, 'cause I like some of the merchandise... :mrgreen:

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Sep Mon 21, 2009 9:24 am

I have never been on any TOT...I am a super wimp when it comes to free-fall rides. Sorry to say, my 10 yr. old was braver than I was.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sat 26, 2009 10:54 pm

pixiesparkles wrote:I have never been on any TOT...I am a super wimp when it comes to free-fall rides. Sorry to say, my 10 yr. old was braver than I was.
You aren't missing anything.... that ride literally makes me cry. :shock:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 27, 2009 10:34 am

Soarin08 wrote:
pixiesparkles wrote:I have never been on any TOT...I am a super wimp when it comes to free-fall rides. Sorry to say, my 10 yr. old was braver than I was.
That ride is the BEST! Would it still bother you guys if you didn't fly up off of your seats?! It's a controlled fall! You know you're going to stop...eventually! :wink:

Mr.ToadWildRider

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Oct Thu 01, 2009 11:15 am

Soarin08 wrote:
I don't understand your comments Soarin08 as you have in your signature "Tower of Terror fan" :?:

Personally, I would say that Pixie is missing one of the best pieces of Imagineering created since the death of Walt. The theming is perhaps the best theming for a ride anywhere (I'm talking strictly for the WDW version as I've never been to DCA), one of the most involving storylines, and an amazing thrill ride/darkride crossover. The effects on ToT still amaze me despite their relative simplicity.

If the ride was simply a free fall ride I'd say skip it as I do with Dr. Doom's Fearfall at IOA, but it's so much more than that. I would encourage anyone who is hesitant about riding to give it a shot. It's not that scary and the fall is over fairly quickly. You don't even drop all that far...you just kinda bounce. The view from the street to the elevator doors makes the ride look way scarier than it is as you do NOT fall all the way down from where those doors are.