Which Tower of Terror do you prefer ?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Mon 17, 2009 8:44 pm

hockeygirl wrote:I LOVE WDW ToT. Love, love, love it. Didn't like it the first few times I went on it, but it's grown on me and now I can't live without it. I'm going through withdrawals. :roll:
I'm the opposite. Liked it at first, now I'm not a huge fan. It's ok, but I don't do so well with those drops. :shock:

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Mon 17, 2009 10:06 pm

'Tis OK. We both like RnR and that rocks!!!!!!!!!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Mon 17, 2009 11:23 pm

hockeygirl wrote:'Tis OK. We both like RnR and that rocks!!!!!!!!!
Well, yeah, that's a good thing!!

ToT just messes with my head, literally. I get a major headache after riding it. :shock:

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Mon 17, 2009 11:34 pm

It used to mess with my head. Now it doesn't for some reason. Not sure why... We'll just ride RnR a bazillion times next year to make up for the lack of ToT! :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 18, 2009 1:24 am

Soarin08 wrote:
hockeygirl wrote:'Tis OK. We both like RnR and that rocks!!!!!!!!!
Well, yeah, that's a good thing!!

ToT just messes with my head, literally. I get a major headache after riding it. :shock:
I'm not alone in that. I'm not going to let that stop with me. Also I hate how it messes with your head when you lose contact with your seat. It is a very scary feeling the first time you go on.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Tue 18, 2009 1:28 am

The first time I went on it, I was totally freaked! I fought off the guy next to me for the handles. :oops: But the more I rode it, the more I love that weightlessness feeling. :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 18, 2009 1:35 am

hockeygirl wrote:The first time I went on it, I was totally freaked! I fought off the guy next to me for the handles. :oops: But the more I rode it, the more I love that weightlessness feeling. :D
Smart move. I had my mom next to me so it was hard to really get the handle. I will say though that you could tell my mom and I were the only two in our elevator that were riding it for the first time. Everyone else had their hands up and we were holding ourselves down thinking something was wrong :)
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 18, 2009 1:41 am

hockeygirl wrote:The first time I went on it, I was totally freaked! I fought off the guy next to me for the handles. :oops: But the more I rode it, the more I love that weightlessness feeling. :D
My first time, I fought my SISTER for the handles. And won. :D I liked it my first two times. The third time made me sick so I've now got a bad taste in my mouth about ToT... uhh, literally. :oops:

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Tue 18, 2009 1:47 am

Hmm, I guess you can't really fight mom for the handle, can you? :lol: You can always tell who the first timers are in each elevator. I remember that first drop. I was so scared I couldn't even scream. :o I hated that I didn't know when we were going to drop either.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 18, 2009 8:58 pm

That's what I really don't like- how random the drops are. I need some shred of predictability, thanks!

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Wed 19, 2009 12:07 am

Yeah, the random stuff gets me at times. I love going on it at night and looking out the little "hatch" or window or whatever it is at the top of the ride. That's the best!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Aug Wed 19, 2009 2:58 pm

hockeygirl wrote: I love going on it at night and looking out the little "hatch" or window or whatever it is at the top of the ride.
They are the elevator doors :wink: It's supposed to be like when you ride an actual elevator and the doors open onto a floor, but, as seen in the pre-show video, the building that is supposed to be attached was vaporized by lightning...not exactly plausible but it's the Twilight Zone.

Watch carefully next time, you'll clearly see two towers on the front facade of the HTH in the video, then lightning strikes, then it cuts to the folks in the elevator getting electrocuted, then it cuts back out to the outside and shows a ghostly elevator drop and as it does the two towers vanish.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Wed 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Neither...I won't go on ToT

but from what I have heard, WDW is way better than DCA (if I ever decide to go, I'll save it for Florida)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Fri 21, 2009 2:15 pm

hockeygirl wrote:Yeah, the random stuff gets me at times. I love going on it at night and looking out the little "hatch" or window or whatever it is at the top of the ride. That's the best!!!!!!!!!!
I would be even more terrified going on it at night! :o I doubt I'll ever ride again. That ride just ruins me for the day.

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Fri 21, 2009 7:19 pm

It's way better at night. Spookier. :P