for those who wonder if Disney visits forums...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Mar Fri 30, 2007 11:32 pm

spaulo wrote:Those two things are probably screamed about more on Disney boards and blogs than anything else, and nothing has been done.
My feeling is that if Disney plans to remove either of them, the decision was probably made long ago without any guest input and there is already some internal schedule.

Alternately, problems could crop up with either of them (most likely maintenance issues) and they might get removed for that reason.

Should either of them be removed, regardless of the reason, Disney will say they were planning to do it all along and Disney web sites will claim that they had an impact and will regard it as proof that Disney listens to them.

This would all be a lot easier to parse if Disney ever, ever told the truth, but they're a private company and it's not like they're obligated to respect us.

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Mar Sat 31, 2007 10:42 am

Captain Schnemo wrote:This would all be a lot easier to parse if Disney ever, ever told the truth, but they're a private company and it's not like they're obligated to respect us.
Actually they are a publicly traded company, and if you are a stockholder they have an obligation to respect you because you're who they are making money for.
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Mon 02, 2007 10:47 am

packwingfn wrote:Very true and we don't talk as much about news and rumors like they do on those sites you listed. We're more obsessed over the music
In my participation on these forum for the past 3 years I have found most of the talk is about the parks and attractions. I think only 15-20% is actually about park audio. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Mon 02, 2007 11:30 am

broncoflyer8912 wrote:if you are a stockholder they have an obligation to respect you because you're who they are making money for.
Oh, naïveté, thy name is broncoflyer...
~Steve

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Apr Mon 09, 2007 8:26 pm

Who knows I would say that they have heard of subsonic radio before and probably by now even more, since we are growing at such a great rate.

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Apr Tue 10, 2007 12:50 pm

I can vouch for some parts of Disney looking at message boards and websites. I have a friend who works at Imagineering and he said he and a lot of colleagues look at the sites. But it isn't really to get ideas, it's to see who's leaking information and who is making things up. According to him, they don't go by feedback from many of those site admins for what to upgrade, etc.

He does listen to Subsonicradio from time to time. He loves it, by the way!
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Wed 11, 2007 10:57 am

slotofkit wrote:He does listen to Subsonicradio from time to time. He loves it, by the way!
It would be cool to know that someone at Imagineering pipes SR into the whole room while they work :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Wed 16, 2007 3:54 pm

It's smart to listen to your most passionate consumers, even if you don't necessarily take all of their (our) advise!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.