The Best Ever Disney Parade

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Mon 03, 2009 10:43 am

99Soulz wrote:
Mark86 wrote:As for my favorite moment in a parade, it had to be showing off my dance moves in Block Party Bash!
Len90 wrote:Coming in close second would be Block Party Bash. I personally think my dance moves are slightly better than Mark86's though.
I think we need some video evidence...maybe put up a thread to vote on it!
I really do think a thread to vote would be the best way to decide who had the best dance moves!!! :D

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Aug Mon 17, 2009 3:34 am

Hands down. Main Street Electrical Parade. Here today gone to Tokyo.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Mon 17, 2009 10:10 am

My favorite disney daytime parade was the Disney Dreams Come True parade from WDW year of a million dreams.

Spectromagic is my fav nighttime parade.

I'm not too fond of the new Celebrate parade that they've got this year.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Mon 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Tapestry of Nations. Enough said.

With Spectro a close second.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 18, 2009 1:31 am

disneylizzy wrote:My favorite disney daytime parade was the Disney Dreams Come True parade from WDW year of a million dreams.

Very interesting that you do not like the new Celebrate parade when it is basically the same thing with just different costumes and new music. I will say it was not as good, but I did like what they did with Mickey's float. It was very boring for the Million Dreams version of the parade, but now it is nice and colorful. I do think that Disney really needs to come up with a new afternoon parade. It is getting boring seeing the same floats for the past 7 years. Some even date back to parades from the early/mid 90's.

Boilerbabe: I'll see if I can get a poll going in the next week or so. I have just been busy trying to take care of all the fantasy football issues and have gotten a bit back logged. Also it all depends if the mods/admins will allow something like that.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 18, 2009 1:43 am

I saw the new Celebrate parade the first day it ran. It was cool..... one time. I don't care for it.

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Tue 18, 2009 1:50 am

I love Boo to You. I'm always humming that song. It's so catchy and I love the guys with the shovels.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 18, 2009 12:10 pm

This is tough since I tend to like most of the daytime parades:

I was quite fond of the Parade of the Stars DL 45th anniversary parade (though I'm biased since I got to participate in it). I liked the Lion King celebration, Hercules and Mulan parades as well.

Eureka was a cool parade showing off the different CA regions. I especially like the SF scene with the guys dressed as the Golden Gate Bridge. It's nice to hear people say good things about BBB...I loved that one when it was at DCA (even if I embarassed my DH while dancing :D )

As far a nighttime parades go, though I like Spectro, MSEP wins it for me.

I have never seen the Boo to You parade (and DL doesn't have a halloween parade), but I like the music!

For Christmastime...Christmas Fantasy (it's the only one I've seen, but I love the music! Very Merry Christmas Parade doesn't do it for me...sorry)

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Sep Fri 04, 2009 9:15 am

Len90 wrote:
disneylizzy wrote:My favorite disney daytime parade was the Disney Dreams Come True parade from WDW year of a million dreams.

Very interesting that you do not like the new Celebrate parade when it is basically the same thing with just different costumes and new music. I will say it was not as good, but I did like what they did with Mickey's float. It was very boring for the Million Dreams version of the parade, but now it is nice and colorful.
Yes, it is the costumes and music that I don't like - but the song is kind of growing on me. But they've also changed the beginning of the parade b/c there used to be a guy dressed as Walt Disney painting a picture of Mickey. The current floats are fine by me.

I don't like the dancers bit that much...it's a little too "cruise ship" entertainment for my taste.

I just remember that when I saw this parade I was disappointed in the new format. I really wanted to like it but I was underwhelmed.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sat 05, 2009 1:27 am

disneylizzy wrote:
Len90 wrote:

Very interesting that you do not like the new Celebrate parade when it is basically the same thing with just different costumes and new music. I will say it was not as good, but I did like what they did with Mickey's float. It was very boring for the Million Dreams version of the parade, but now it is nice and colorful.
Yes, it is the costumes and music that I don't like - but the song is kind of growing on me. But they've also changed the beginning of the parade b/c there used to be a guy dressed as Walt Disney painting a picture of Mickey. The current floats are fine by me.

I don't like the dancers bit that much...it's a little too "cruise ship" entertainment for my taste.

I just remember that when I saw this parade I was disappointed in the new format. I really wanted to like it but I was underwhelmed.
I did miss seeing the young Walt drawing Mickey Mouse at the beginning, however I really don't see how he could have fit into the new theme. It is a good parade, but they just need to do something fresh and not on the same scheme.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

PAdisfam2
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by PAdisfam2 » Sep Sun 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Boo To You is number one in my book, followed by either Spectro Magic or Pirate and Princess Parade
Last edited by PAdisfam2 on Sep Tue 15, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Sep Mon 14, 2009 1:59 pm

I adore the MSEP.

I liked SpectroMagic and even Light Magic okay.

My absolute favorite though was the Mickey Mania parade. I just LOVED the non-traditional Mickeys like the Weebles and the strolling yellow shoes...
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Nov Tue 24, 2009 7:14 pm

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nightime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!!!!!!!!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 24, 2009 9:46 pm

TDL's Electrical Parade Dreamlights is spectacular in looks, but the mix of electronic and non-electronic music is a minus. Should have kept it all electronic.

Fantillusion is good, when it's all working - Ursula had an inflation problem. It started out as TDL's second light parade, and is now at DLP. I wonder who will get it next?

I like Spectromagic, but as they have already updated floats in DCA's Electrical Parade and in TDL's Electrical Parade Dreamlights (and its the newest of them all) - why haven't they switched out and put in new floats into Spectromagic? Hell, even recycling the "Bugs Life"" floats they dropped out of Dreamlights would be something new.

luh
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by luh » Nov Wed 25, 2009 8:34 am

For me is Main Street Electrical Light Parade.
I enjoyed it about 8 years ago at Christmas :mickey: