The Best Ever Disney Parade

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

dinosaur33
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by dinosaur33 » Mar Wed 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Tapestry of Nations/Dreams at Epcot. Too bad it isn't there anymore...

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » Mar Thu 29, 2007 12:18 am

Argh, I can't decide!

I would say it's a toss up between the Main Street Electrical Parade and SpectroMagic. Both hold a very special place in my heart and always capture that Disney magic. Although, I must admit the music in SpectroMagic is more moving. I always find myself tearing up when I hear that music blast for the first time and catch sight of the opening float. :mickey:
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

CDAbleson

Post by CDAbleson » Apr Tue 03, 2007 7:35 pm

Ihave to ABSOLUTELY agree with HSOP29....The MSEP was what i grew up on, as a kid, and even got lit up myself, as a member of the Michigan Marching Band, for the 1989 Rose Bowl....ALL of that said, the music for Spectromagic is just very rich, and it really makes me feel like I am there.....

sgrfunk
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by sgrfunk » Apr Sun 29, 2007 9:29 pm

My all-time favorite parade is Spectromagic. I saw it in 1993 and then again in 2006, and even though there was a slight change in the characters in the parade, its still the same. It will always be my favorite. :ariel:

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » Apr Mon 30, 2007 3:39 pm

The Lion King Parade at Disneyland was soooo cool! I can remember it seemed like they had a new parade for whatever new Disney animated movie was coming out at that time. Because there was a Hercules parade and a Mulan parade.... Now all they do are parades that celebrate the parks various anniverserys :mickey:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 30, 2007 4:32 pm

The first electric light parade at WDW Magic Kingdom has to be the best!! In 75 it was the only thing like it. I had the album when I was a teenager and we played it at parties, it was very cool!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » May Tue 01, 2007 12:10 pm

I haven't seen most of the parades but I really like Spectromagic, I never get tired from it but I do admit,

I liked the Aladdin Parade since it really was right from the movie, It was the start of the spitting camels!
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

ldzny
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by ldzny » May Thu 03, 2007 5:31 pm

I like the Christmas Fantasy Parade. Christmas at Disneyland is the best. It gets dark early and the lights are on, it is perfect!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You hurt your what?" ~ Tow Mater
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tishaban
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by tishaban » May Tue 08, 2007 1:33 am

Having gone to both DLRP and DCA over the past 3 weeks, my new favorite is the DLRP 15th anniversary Once Upon a Dream parade. The theme song is just so catchy. :D A close second would be the MSEP of course.

LenYJr
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by LenYJr » May Tue 08, 2007 3:17 pm

I have vague recollections of the original Main Street Electrical Parade (though funny enough, I remember the music).

I loved Tapestry of Dreams. It was perfect for Epcot and I really wish it would come back.

LenYJr

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » May Tue 08, 2007 6:11 pm

Wow I'd have to say that my opinion is only one sided. Being that I've never been to WDW...yet! So out of what I've seen (and not just heard on this awesome site) I'd have to say the Parade of dreams is definately the best for me. It's not super long and it has a great soundtrack! If the Mark Twain River boat at the end of Fantasmic counts as a parade then I would have to say that one is really fun too!
I do stuff sometimes.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Wed 09, 2007 3:27 pm

bigthunderlover wrote:Wow I'd have to say that my opinion is only one sided. Being that I've never been to WDW...yet! So out of what I've seen (and not just heard on this awesome site) I'd have to say the Parade of dreams is definately the best for me. It's not super long and it has a great soundtrack! If the Mark Twain River boat at the end of Fantasmic counts as a parade then I would have to say that one is really fun too!
Parade of Dreams is also really good. I love the float details! There is just something about the intro and opening song that gets me really exited. The parade stop song with all the performers doing something different is really fun too.

I wish they would have released the soundtrack.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

jenjolt
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jenjolt » Feb Mon 23, 2009 12:26 pm

I love going back into the forums and finding cool topics like this!! I finally saw my first parades and fireworks shows this last trip I took. I completely fell in love with Spectromagic! I don't know what it is about that parade but it thrilled my soul!! I loved every moment of the floats and the music was just great!! I love hearing it played on here over and over LOL!!
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/haunted-mansion1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/great-movie-ride2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/epcot2.gif[/img]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Mon 23, 2009 9:14 pm

I have to agree with jenjolt on this. Spectro is my favorite parade and I just enjoy every moment of it from start to finish. I personally love the soundtrack to the parade and can listen to it 24/7 and it would not grow old.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Mon 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Main Street Electrical Parade...of course!