The Best Ever Disney Parade

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

The Best Ever Disney Parade

Post by soccermouse » Dec Fri 15, 2006 4:32 pm

I am sitting here at my desk listening to the soundstrack called "Holiday Magic" from Disneyland and wishing that we would be able to go to Disneyland during Christmas time. It is our favorite time of year. I was thinking about the Christmas Fantasy Parade. I think that it is our favorite parade of all. What do you all think?

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by MansionButler » Dec Fri 15, 2006 10:31 pm

I'm just a huge SpectroMagic fan. I saw it twice a night several times a week for months, and plenty of times outside of that, and never got tired of it. I tuned it out some times, but never got sick of it.

I have more of a soft spot for MSE since I grew up with it, and saw its last run when it returned to Disney Land, but I love Spectro as a parade that much more. I miss Roger Rabbit, but oh well.

I love Christmas, and I love Disney, but somehow I hate the Christmas parades.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Dec Sat 16, 2006 5:10 am

I don't know. I also have a soft spot for the Electrical Parade. The one in DCA isn't quite the same, but I still very much enjoy it.

I tend to remember the songs more than the actual parade, though. Some of my favorites are SpectoMagic, Parade of Dreams, and Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. Christmas Fantasy is also fun.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Dec Sat 16, 2006 10:36 am

For me its SpectroMagic.

Everytime I see it, its awe inspiring...

:)

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:23 pm

I am a Spectro Magic fan. I'm a westcoaster and every time I go to Disney World I make sure it is performing. One year it wasn't and that was my least favorite Disney World trip (which isn't saying that much because you can't ruin a Disney trip for me).

In second place, but not too far behind, is the MSEP (not the DCA one). After that I did like the Eureka parade at DCA.
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

addlema

Post by addlema » Dec Sun 17, 2006 7:14 am

I have to agree with Lion. The Electrial Light Parade is by far my all time favoite. Perhaps it's just nostalga but man I love that music.

Spectro Magic is a close 2nd.
[img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_broad.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_mod.gif[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey.gif[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Dec Mon 18, 2006 1:49 am

I'm a huge fan of the MSEP. it's the first parade I ever saw at WDW, and the earliest parade I can remember (this means hometown parades included - memorial day, july 4, etc).

Spectro Magic is an OK show, if only they had it running more often while we were down there earlier this month...

I also liked MVMC parade during the MVMCP, and the Disney Dreams Come True parade.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Dec Mon 18, 2006 9:13 am

I Love the Original MSEP too! And the Water Parade as well. I LOVED LOVED the parade during last years MNSSHP.

:)
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

soccermouse

Post by soccermouse » Dec Mon 18, 2006 12:54 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:I don't know. I also have a soft spot for the Electrical Parade. The one in DCA isn't quite the same, but I still very much enjoy it.

I tend to remember the songs more than the actual parade, though. Some of my favorites are SpectoMagic, Parade of Dreams, and Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. Christmas Fantasy is also fun.
I think that I am kinda that way also. I like the dialog that goes on between Goofy and Max in the Christmas Fantasy Parade. I am like that about the fireworks shows also.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Mon 18, 2006 11:32 pm

MSEP Hands down. It was so original and overwhelming. The music was also very innovative. I'll miss it.

They could do so much cooler now with fiber optics, led screens, and projections. They just need to spend the money.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

borjoyzee

Post by borjoyzee » Dec Thu 21, 2006 2:42 am

The one I really enjoyed was SpectroMagic. I thought that was very creative.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Dec Thu 21, 2006 6:07 pm

Hm. A lot of people seem to like Spectromagic. Personally, and I don't know why, but it never seemed to sit "right" with me. I haven't worked out why yet.. There's just something that seems to not be right for me with it..

Personally, my favourite parade (Bearing in mind I've only seen what I saw whilst I was there from September-November (which is Disney Dreams Come True, Spectromagic, Boo To You, Very Merry Christmas Parade (Cast preview), Stars and Motorcars and *some* of Jungle Jammin' (since it was already halfway through when we got to it, and I didn't spend that much time in DAK)) and the Disney Cinema Parade in Paris (I never saw the Disneyland Park parade in Paris)) is the Diseny Dreams Come True Parade. This is most likely because it was the first one I saw, and thus will always have that "special place" with me :)

I was kind of suprised that Epcot hasn't got a parade (although from what I can gather, the "Tapestry of Dreams" music on the IllumiNations CD I bought used to be a parade).. A parade around the world showcase would be so cool (although it'd be a *very* long way for the cast to dance their way around!)

Andy. :mickey:

TheGreatGonzo
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by TheGreatGonzo » Dec Fri 22, 2006 8:47 am

From what I remember, the Tapestry of Dreams parade used to be four identical parades (I think that was the number) which all came out at the same time from four different points around world showcase. Each would do a quarter of the loop and then go back in the gates the others had come out of. I imagine they havn't done another beacuse of the amount of manpower, expence and logistics it takes to do four parades at once.

mrtoadswildride
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by mrtoadswildride » Dec Fri 22, 2006 9:35 am

My favorite parade was for Magic Kingdom 20th anniversary.....the Mardi Gras themed Parade. I think it stuck around for 3 or 4 years after that.

ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by ZenMondo » Dec Fri 22, 2006 9:06 pm

Another vote for the Main Street Electrical Parade. But with me, I *know* its all nostalgia. The memories of a five-year-old Zen coloring it all for me. :mickey: