Disneyland or Walt Disney World (Where to vacation)

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Re: It looks like WDW is the winner

Post by soccermouse » Nov Mon 13, 2006 12:43 pm

knedeau wrote:
soccermouse wrote:Thanks for all your help. We put in for our timeshare in June. Grandma did not want us driving from Utah, so our airfare is covered. All to do now is buy the tickets. Anyway to get discounts?
CONTACT YOUR AAA TRAVEL AGENT!
Tried that. The AAA agent in Utah said that I would have to purchase a package to get any discounts not available from WDW on their Internet site.

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Nov Thu 16, 2006 10:10 pm

soccermouse wrote:
knedeau wrote:
soccermouse wrote:Thanks for all your help. We put in for our timeshare in June. Grandma did not want us driving from Utah, so our airfare is covered. All to do now is buy the tickets. Anyway to get discounts?
CONTACT YOUR AAA TRAVEL AGENT!
Tried that. The AAA agent in Utah said that I would have to purchase a package to get any discounts not available from WDW on their Internet site.
:shock: Maybe it's a Florida thing?

FWIW, I know many, many people stop in Tallahassee at the AAA office there (the office is the size of a department store), primarily to get Disney bargains. Tallahassee is on I-10, and the office is on the south side of Appalachee Blvd., in a large strip mall.

http://tinyurl.com/yhx5vz -- note the map is placing the office too far west, it's actually down the street aways, although I suppose the address is correct. You could try calling them...
No, no... He's got a point.

soccermouse

Post by soccermouse » Nov Fri 17, 2006 12:33 pm

kronk's angel wrote:
soccermouse wrote:
knedeau wrote: CONTACT YOUR AAA TRAVEL AGENT!
:shock: Maybe it's a Florida thing?

FWIW, I know many, many people stop in Tallahassee at the AAA office there (the office is the size of a department store), primarily to get Disney bargains. Tallahassee is on I-10, and the office is on the south side of Appalachee Blvd., in a large strip mall.

http://tinyurl.com/yhx5vz -- note the map is placing the office too far west, it's actually down the street aways, although I suppose the address is correct. You could try calling them...
Great tip. Unfortunately we are flying in from Utah and won't have time or gas to drive up there. I am going to try AAA here again because the person I talked to seemed kinda clueless.

nancynohorse

Post by nancynohorse » Jun Sat 30, 2007 8:42 pm

WDW or Disneyland...hmm! WDW is so cool how it had grown into it's own area. There is so much too do. With the bus transportation you don't even need a car. I love WDW. But, having been to Disneyland twice, I loved it! When I went California Adventure wasn't built yet so it was just the Magic Kingdom.

Our first trip to Disneyland was for a week. We went to Disneyland every single day. :mickey3: We were so awe struck. That was in 1997.
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jul Mon 02, 2007 1:46 pm

nancynohorse wrote:WDW or Disneyland...hmm! WDW is so cool how it had grown into it's own area. There is so much too do. With the bus transportation you don't even need a car. I love WDW. But, having been to Disneyland twice, I loved it! When I went California Adventure wasn't built yet so it was just the Magic Kingdom.
I totally agree. I've been wanting to return to DLR because I haven't been in 10 years. It's where we used to go when I was a kid, and I love it. I tell everyone I know that Disneyland is way better than the Magic Kingdom at WDW. But, we've absolutely fallen in love with WDW. I can't live very long without it. Like an addict, I need my fix...every few months, it seems.

WDW is just so much more in depth. I can't justify taking a trip to DLR when it would be at the expense of WDW.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Wed 18, 2007 8:21 pm

I would do Disney World. Especially if you have never been it would definitely be worth it.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!!! :mickey:

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Jul Thu 19, 2007 9:33 am

If someone handed me a wad of cash and I could go to either location, I'd go to Disneyland just because I haven't been there in longer than I've been to WDW. I never got to see DCA. And I'd hope I could escape to Knottsberry Farm, Universal and Magic Mountain (assuming its still open?). 8)
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

nancynohorse

Post by nancynohorse » Jul Sun 29, 2007 12:18 pm

If someone handed me a wad of cash and I could go to either location, I'd go to Disneyland just because I haven't been there in longer than I've been to WDW. I never got to see DCA. And I'd hope I could escape to Knottsberry Farm, Universal and Magic Mountain (assuming its still open?). Cool
I have been to Knottsberry Farms only once.

:( And, if I remember correctly I was only there for a couple hours. But, I had to visit if even for a short time. My aunt and uncle went there in the 1950's. I was so jealous. So, when I finally made to Disneyland in the 1990's, I had to visit Knottsberry Farms. It was a fun filled couple of hours.

:wave:
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Mon 30, 2007 10:45 am

It's Knott's Berry Farm.

I go there every year for Knott's Scary Farm. It's the best halloween haunt in the world :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

soccermouse

Post by soccermouse » Jul Tue 31, 2007 4:56 pm

Since I first asked the question, let me know report. We went to WDW for 10 days in June. We did not like Animal Kingdom much (except for the Safari, Festival of the Lion King and the Finding Nemo show), nor MGM-Studios (Rock'n Roller Coast was good as was the Great Movie Ride and the Indiana Jone Stunt Show). The Magic Kingdom made us miss Disneyland (a LOT less walking) although we really like Mickey's Philharmagic. Of the 10 days we had, we spend all or part of 4 in EPCOT. It was our favorite. Those rides and pavilions are what we talk about the most. If WESTCOT ever happens at DLR, there are some really cool things that could be brought west. I hope a CARS version of Test Track happens at DCA.