Another Roger and Indy queue?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Another Roger and Indy queue?

Post by Just Believe » Oct Wed 18, 2006 6:53 pm

At DL they have probably the most creative and most interactive queue lines at any park. Indiana Jones' decoding the messages on the wall, the "don't disturb the bats", "don't pull the rope", or watch overhead for spikes!!

Roger Rabbit however has too many interactions, I could not possibly be able to write them all down.

OK, the 90's are over, so what happended? The queue became less interactive. There are still some good queues but still not the ones like Indy and Roger have.
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Oct Wed 18, 2006 9:17 pm

I don't know if they really have lessened the "interactivity" of queues. I like the Muppet Vision one at DCA where they kept a lot of the poster gags from the one at Disney Studios. I've noticed in the boiler room of Tower of Terror (DCA) there are some references to Twilight Zone with sounds and a bit of sights (there's a reference to an episode on the second floor queue where there's a circle drawn and every once in a while you hear a voice).

I think it could depend on the ride. Buzz Lightyear seems a little interactive with the AA Buzz, but I don't think it needs an elaborate line because of the speed of getting people through the ride.

I can think of one queue made in the 90's that I can't stand waiting in line for: Rock N' Roller Coaster. Until you get close to the preshow it is sooo boring (to me).
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

DisneyManInSeattle
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by DisneyManInSeattle » Oct Fri 20, 2006 6:42 pm

The queue for Bugs Life is fun though I wouldn't call it a queue as much as it is a waiting area.

-mark

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Oct Fri 20, 2006 7:11 pm

See, I just REALLY want those queues that even though the line is REALLY LONG like Roger Rabbit, you have so much to do and look at. Roger Rabbit I think is probably the best queue even compared to Indy.
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Oct Sat 21, 2006 12:22 pm

I still like the Star Tours queue. And even Splash Mountain to a certain extent. Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion also have well-decorated queues.

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Sun 22, 2006 12:51 am

Star Tours for me... Although the Paul Reubens stuff has aged a bit for me, C3P0 and R2D2 is still pretty cool for me, along with the "space terminal" audio...

The "making of..." pre-video for Captain Eo :wink: added a lot to what you were about to see... Kind of behind the scenes for Disney though...
No, no... He's got a point.

nancynohorse

Post by nancynohorse » Jun Sat 30, 2007 8:26 pm

The Disneyland queue for Haunted Mansion is better then WDW.

Pirates at WDW has a better queue.

Indy was an awesome queue. There was alot of interaction. The queue was nearly as super as the ride.
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Jul Mon 02, 2007 10:58 pm

Yeah. I really wished the Finding Nemo line at Disneyland had something interesting. (Since it is an outside line, there isn't much that can be done.)

The Indy line is great. The line moves fast enough now that they don't hand out the decoders for the walls anymore. I would have liked to decode the walls while waiting. Luckily, I'm sure there is some website that has decoded the entire thing already.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jul Tue 03, 2007 4:53 am

The Everest queue is pretty entertaining. The detailed props and displays keep the wait interesting.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jul Tue 03, 2007 10:36 am

I loved the details of the Everest queue and thought the Living Seas Nemo queue was excellent as well. Both of them really immersed me in the environment. Hopefully this trend will continue.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Tue 03, 2007 11:03 am

Magique wrote: I would have liked to decode the walls while waiting. Luckily, I'm sure there is some website that has decoded the entire thing already.
I used to collect these, my friend and I did decode the whole ride when it first opened. But now I forgot a lot of them. We almost got to the point where we could translate without needing the card.

http://www.perrific.com/disney/indy/decoder3.jpg
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Fri 06, 2007 10:38 pm

The Pirates queue at WDW is pretty important to the attraction story itself. It's basically the whole first half of the Disneyland ride. Both Kali and Everest have a lot of stuff to read and look at. And as much as I hate to say it, I think the new JII queue is the only good thing that came out of redoing the pavilion. There's lots of things to look at that have to do with imagining and inventing.

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by MansionButler » Jul Mon 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:The Pirates queue at WDW is pretty important to the attraction story itself. It's basically the whole first half of the Disneyland ride. Both Kali and Everest have a lot of stuff to read and look at. And as much as I hate to say it, I think the new JII queue is the only good thing that came out of redoing the pavilion. There's lots of things to look at that have to do with imagining and inventing.
How do you know. Have you ever actually waited in line for it?

Heck, even on days when Spaceship Earth is an hour wait, an HISTA fastpasses are gone by lunch, I've never even been in a full car.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Mon 09, 2007 4:05 pm

I've never actually waited in the new JII line, but I have walked through slowly to look at everything (and stand in the AC for a while). It does beat the old JII switchback line though.

CDAbleson

Post by CDAbleson » Jul Tue 10, 2007 7:59 am

I really like the Kali & Everest Queues, and also R&RC & ToT, but there really is nothing I like more then BTM at night........