26%
Yes only if it was based upon the movie characters
7%

Total votes: 42

netslave
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by netslave » Oct Tue 24, 2006 10:54 am

How about a ride where you get to take a ride in the weasley flying car? It could be like Peter Pan and you fly through different scenes, maybe even have the Hogwarts Express chase you down at the beginning.

The entrance to the ride would look like Diagon Alley, or maybe Hagwarts itself. Then the gift shop at the end of the ride could be like Weasley's Wizard Wheezes or Honeydukes and then have a themed restaurant nearby like The Three Broomsticks or the Leaky Cauldron.

:D

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

A Whole park

Post by soccermouse » Oct Fri 27, 2006 11:13 am

netslave wrote:How about a ride where you get to take a ride in the weasley flying car? It could be like Peter Pan and you fly through different scenes, maybe even have the Hogwarts Express chase you down at the beginning.

The entrance to the ride would look like Diagon Alley, or maybe Hagwarts itself. Then the gift shop at the end of the ride could be like Weasley's Wizard Wheezes or Honeydukes and then have a themed restaurant nearby like The Three Broomsticks or the Leaky Cauldron.

:D
Imagine a whole park where its 'Main Street' is Diagon Alley and each adventure is a different ride.

artbaum
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by artbaum » Oct Sat 28, 2006 8:21 pm

Disney's done some great things in collaboration with external properties like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and the Muppets. (Even though I'm not too pleased with what Disney's done with the Muppet performers, DVD releases, and so on since buying the Muppets, I'm a big fan of the classic Muppet*Vision 3-D.)

I'd love to see what WDI could do with the Harry Potter universe, as long as they take the job seriously and don't just make another dark ride a la Monsters, Inc. or Superstar Limo.

P.S. The whole park idea would be way cool 8) , wouldn't it? Maybe they'd at least think about a land -- or something like Beastly Kingdom / Diagon Alley in the tradition of Frontierland / Liberty Square!

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Oct Mon 30, 2006 11:46 am

Am I the only one who cringes at the idea of a ride about such a non-Disney fad? And weeps at the idea of a land about a fad? And don't even get me started about a entire theme park based around Harry Potter!

Yeah. That will be so popular in 50 years.
artbaum wrote:another dark ride a la Monsters, Inc. or Superstar Limo.
Wow. I just noticed you equated these two. Ouch! Monsters is a very cute, fun dark ride... best that Disney has done since WDW MK's Winnie the Pooh.
~Steve

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Apr Thu 05, 2007 8:41 pm

Yeah, I don't quite understand how/why disney shows HP on Disney channel since it is from Warner Brothers. But, id love to see a HP ride.

Stardust
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Stardust » Apr Thu 26, 2007 1:11 am

I think that a HP ride would fit perfectly into MGM. However, I think they could make a whole park out of it. Personally, I can think of several rides that would fit in great. Think of the possibilities! In the very least they could do a 3-D movie...where like, you fall into the pages of the books or something spectacular like that!
*I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something's starting [i]right now[/i]*

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Apr Thu 26, 2007 8:35 am

I have an easy way to put an end to this post.
jimhillmedia.com wrote:That Universal Studios has in fact scored the theme park rights to J.K. Rowling's characters. More importantly, that Universal will shortly be announcing its plans to add a whole "Harry Potter" -themed land to the line-up of attractions that the company currently has at its "Islands of Adventure" theme park.
Sorry HP fans there will be no HP in Disney.

If you would like to read more details on why Disney is not going to be featuring Harry Potter in their parks here is the link.

Universal to get Harry Potter

The readers digest version of the story is that Ms. Rowling was difficult to deal with, because she is very protective of her characters. What Ms. Rowling wanted sounds like a major challenge.

Also in the article is news that Disney lost the rights to the Kuka's robotic arm. For those that have ridden the new Newo ride in Epcot, its the device that controls the angler fish.

Sounds like Disney is more upset about loosing the rights to the arm. Also they have a really cool description of a possible Incredibles E-ticket ride.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

CDAbleson

Post by CDAbleson » Apr Fri 27, 2007 6:43 am

Rich is absolutely correct...WDW is furious about the 10 year Contract that Universal has signed, for the Kuka Robotic Technology....This was a major deal, and will affect future attractions, at both Universal & WDW...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 27, 2007 10:31 am

Kuka Robotic Technology....This was a major deal, and will affect future attractions, at both Universal & WDW...
For what Disney needs the Kuka's were just a starting point. All this means is Disney is going to have to get some one else to develop what they need. Disney could do it themselves, but it easier when somebody else is liable for any malfunctions or possible disasters.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Apr Fri 27, 2007 3:29 pm

God no! Argh, I sick and tired of Potter. It haunts me in my sleep! :shock:
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

disneypinnut

Post by disneypinnut » Jul Sat 28, 2007 4:14 pm

Only if I could ride the broom... :mickey:
[b][i][color=darkblue]All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.[/color][/i][/b][b]- Walt Disney[/b]

[img]http://shuttleworthusa.com/images/magic%20kingdom%20at%20night%20small.jpg[/img]

Hypermommy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Hypermommy » Jul Sun 29, 2007 6:09 am

I love Potter, but I wouldn't want to see it at a Disney park becuase it's just not Disney.
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Jul Sun 29, 2007 10:59 am

IMHO, it's a "whatever" sort of thing. Yes, it'd be cool to see something developed with the HP stories. But since Universal is already theming Islands of Adventure that way, I doubt Disney would have it too.
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Mon 30, 2007 10:47 am

Universal acquired the Harry Potter license. Please continue discussion here:
viewtopic.php?t=3133
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z