What makes the best souvenirs?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Jul Sat 07, 2007 1:08 am

I haven't been there in like 8 years. Do they sell polo shirts? Those are my favorite shirts. I would love to buy one or two when I go back in a few years.
Image Image

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by nancynohorse » Jul Sat 07, 2007 10:27 am

The Key to the World or Admission ticket is good for a scrapbook.
I agree with saving the admission tickets. I still have all of ours. I still have the booklets they gave out in 1980. I even came across napkins the other day.

:ccat: :goofy_bounce: :donald: :mickey3: :wave:

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Wed 18, 2007 8:15 pm

The Wilderness Lodge has great items in their gift shop. Last time we were there I bought a "Snow Pooh" stuffed animal. We bought an "Alice in Wonderland" tea set and a great picture of a bookcase with books and Winnie the Pooh at the Grand Floridian. I think it is neat that the resorts carry items that match their particular theme.

Also, two of my most treasured souvenirs are the silhouettes that I had made of my 2 daughters at the Magic Kingdom. It was amazing to watch the lady cut them out freehand and she did such a good job capturing my children's images, especially the little curls in my 2 year old daughter's hair - priceless!

dinosaur33
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by dinosaur33 » Jul Wed 25, 2007 12:37 pm

Almost anything that says Walt Disney World on it, and some of the ride exclusive merchandise are good for souvenirs.

Kamikaze
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Kamikaze » Aug Wed 01, 2007 9:04 am

Absolute must is the new scrapbooks with the date on it every year. That way I can scrapbook the trips pictures into something exclusively Disney!

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by mommyfor2 » Aug Wed 01, 2007 10:12 am

Memories! Other than that I don't really have something I need to buy with each trip. It's usually something that just catches my eye.
There is nothing like memories, besides they don't cost anything and they last forever.

"Remember Dreams Really Do Come True."

sandicinderelli
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by sandicinderelli » Aug Wed 01, 2007 10:58 am

To commemorate my College Program at WDW, they gave us pins with Mickey in a cap. Plus, I have all my pins that I bought while I was there, my favorite being the leopard print Mickey head (LOVE that one).

I also bought a cup with the 2007 logo on it. I guard that cup with my life. When I first saw the logo at the Emporium, I knew I had to buy something with it on there. I was too poor to buy the bag, photo album, or t-shirt, so the cup was it.

Finally, I took loads of pictures and I saved my Pirate & Princess Party ticket, as well as my AMC movie tickets. Whoa, I just realized, I'm turning into my grandmother! :shock:

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4467/userbar447001xb8.gif[/img][/url]

jozel27
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by jozel27 » Aug Wed 08, 2007 9:24 am

I look for the unusual stuff that you can find if you are really looking for them in the shops. I do like the charms either slide or dangly ones. I have two kinds of charm bracelets and I get new ones each time either we go or my boss lady, she is a disney freak too. I like the t-shirts as well. Not only do I collect Disney ones, but Harley and Hard Rock from all over the world.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Wed 08, 2007 1:46 pm

My family actually always used to save food containers.
My dad has a whole photo album full of the popcorn containers folded flat. It's a great souvenier because it is actually really interesting to see how they've changed over the years (plus you get an excuse to buy popcorn). I remember being so mesmorized going through the album when I was younger.
When DL started doing themed cups for each land, we grabbed each from all the lands, and now we try to get one everytime we go / they have a new design.
We also save all of the programs, of course :)

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Aug Sat 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Room Key/Tickets, Maps, dated Christmas decoration, Heck just about everything we come into contact with that isn't bolted down. :)
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

rmorton50

Post by rmorton50 » Aug Thu 23, 2007 6:19 pm

I usually get one of the hardbound disney picture books. It has pictures of most of the attractions. It's difficult to take good pictures of the inside of the Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, etc. so the book provides good memories of them. Of course I take multitudes of photos of the outside of things.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Tue 28, 2007 6:24 pm

rmorton50 wrote:I usually get one of the hardbound disney picture books. It has pictures of most of the attractions. It's difficult to take good pictures of the inside of the Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, etc. so the book provides good memories of them. Of course I take multitudes of photos of the outside of things.
These also make good souvenirs because you can read through them years from now and still get excited about your next trip. I used to go through all of our old Disneyland books before every trip when I was a kid.

Hypermommy

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Wed 29, 2007 8:38 am

That's a cool idea, those picture books. What do those usually cost? Or do I really want to know (i.e., am I going to have heart failure)?
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Wed 29, 2007 10:19 am

Hypermommy wrote:That's a cool idea, those picture books. What do those usually cost? Or do I really want to know (i.e., am I going to have heart failure)?
I think they range from $15 to about $60, depending on the quality and breadth of material inside. They usually have at least one or two to pick from during any given period of time. At DLR, you can usually find them in Disneyana (The Gallery used to be the prime spot :cry: ), and possibly at the Emporium and World of Disney.

billville

Post by billville » Aug Wed 29, 2007 10:51 am

danimal3114u wrote:
Hypermommy wrote:That's a cool idea, those picture books. What do those usually cost? Or do I really want to know (i.e., am I going to have heart failure)?
I think they range from $15 to about $60, depending on the quality and breadth of material inside. They usually have at least one or two to pick from during any given period of time. At DLR, you can usually find them in Disneyana (The Gallery used to be the prime spot :cry: ), and possibly at the Emporium and World of Disney.
I know world of disney for sure has them. I paid $20 for mine over there. It has a picture of the castle on front and is purple incolor i believe. The pages are great with plenty of space for pictures.