Do you collect Maps?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Wed 04, 2008 9:47 pm

I have some maps laying around. I know I have my Grad Nite map somewhere in my room..

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Jun Thu 12, 2008 4:10 pm

Yes, I do collect maps when I go to Disneyland and other parks.

I have the July 5th 50th anniversery map.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jun Thu 12, 2008 7:17 pm

i only collect the map that is updated and i throw away the old ones. because you always need to update. :D
Have a magical day everyone!

SimonTemplar

Post by SimonTemplar » Jun Fri 13, 2008 10:54 am

I like to look at old maps just to see how things have changed. Of course that sometimes lead to a rise in blood pressure when I see how several changes have been unwarranted.
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

ff19dfd
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by ff19dfd » Nov Tue 11, 2008 5:18 pm

We collect the maps every time we go. We get a bunch of each park we visit. One of each park goes in my wife's scrapbook, 1 set for each child etc. It's nice to compare things that have changed over the years (good or bad). We even keep the times guides!
The times guides were a big help trying to guess what the Extra Magic Hours were going to be, since they weren't up by the time we had to make our 180 day ADR's for our upcoming trip! To my surprise, I was correct in guessing the EMH of every park.... if only I could guess the winning lottery numbers like that!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Tue 11, 2008 8:09 pm

you know, the official website for WDW lists all the Extra Magic Hours for the next 6 months, including the attractions that will be open in each park. I even made a little wallet-sized card from that page to carry with me when we went down in December 2006. came in handy when we wanted to figure out what to do...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Nov Tue 11, 2008 9:26 pm

I kept the maps from our last two trips. I wish I had them from when I was much younger just to compare.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Tue 11, 2008 11:28 pm

Okay, I just updated my list today when I went to both DL and DCA so now I have.....thirteen DLR maps. My list is growing and I'm loving it. I thank having an AP because I go as often as I can and keep collecting them.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Wed 12, 2008 2:51 am

I have the maps to all WDW parks rom '99, '01, '02, and now '06. I also have the DTD map and DQ map from '99 and '01.

I've ordered the customised maps 3 times (most recently about 3 weeks ago or so), and will probably do so again in about 6 months or so.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Donalds1Fan
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Donalds1Fan » Nov Wed 12, 2008 11:20 pm

As far as I know, I have at least one map from each park from every trip, except maybe the first trip we went on when I was little.

Where all of said maps are in the house... no idea. :oops:

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Thu 13, 2008 12:05 am

Sometime last year, my dad found a map from EPCOT '94. That was right after EPCOT was no longer was called Epcot Center and I remember EPCOT '94 and EPCOT '95 for a few years. Body Wars was on this cover and I loved looking through the map and see how things have changed. Bascially most of the rides are renovated to something totally different now. I love collecting random things like maps.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Jan Fri 01, 2010 5:07 pm

I collect anything I can. Tickets, maps receipts. Anything I can.