Best Disney Hotel?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

addlema
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by addlema » Oct Mon 09, 2006 7:07 am

AS you all know.. I am a huge fan of the Boardwalk. Great Location.. Walking distance to my two favorite parks, and close to the best food! Spoodles, Le Cellier, Cape May Cafe, etc.
[img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_broad.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_mod.gif[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey.gif[/img]

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Oct Mon 09, 2006 10:15 am

The only 2 we have really stayed at was the Poly, and Beach Club, It's hard to break tradition.

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by ctrain2281 » Oct Wed 11, 2006 5:16 am

Thought I think the Grand Floridian is the best as far as quality and such, the best memories that I have are at the Polynesian. Waking up in the morning and enjoying a nice peaceful morning on the balcony outside were wonderful times.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Oct Sun 15, 2006 3:46 am

Old Key West has prime spots when leaving the parks! leaving the Magic Kingdom we are the first stop on the left. #10. nice thing about OKW the busses come through to several locations. what we would do is watch for the busses when we walked to the bus stop. if we saw one heading out we had time to walk to the front desk area and catch it there, before it left the OKW compound. Pennisular was the stop we stayed at which is also the first stop back from all the parks. there is also a boat that runs to downtown disney! Saratoga Springs looks like another nice close to Downtown Disney resort....but i must admit...i'm tempted by Boardwalk with its close proximity to MGM and Epcot! even though i didn't stay there...i would rate it tops among resorts.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Sun 15, 2006 5:57 am

At WDW, my family enjoyed Coronado Springs, although since I had to speak at a conference there at the time, my memory is a little foggy. The location is not the best, compared with Polynesian or Boardwalk, but we drove so it wasn't a big problem. Enjoyed it better than Port Orleans, which was crowded together, I thought, with small rooms/restaurant/etc. Both have great themed pools though.

Allstar Sports scared me. And some of the people staying there. :shock: Although, if we were going again, I could see staying there anyway.

Honestly I have to admit that I enjoyed staying off-site more (somewhere cheaper). Not the same magic, arranged stuffed animals, etc., but I had a better time since I wasn't stressing about the $$, and plus we could stay longer.

Also some of the hotels are really nice, and/or fun, and/or, well, just cheap. :wink:
No, no... He's got a point.

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Apr Thu 05, 2007 8:49 pm

We always stay at Wilderness Lodge and love it. The atmosphere is amazing along with the view and easy access to the parks.

Keri
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Keri » Apr Fri 06, 2007 5:28 am

I think the WL is still my favorite. We've stayed at OKW and the Beach Club as well and although I loved Stormalong Bay and being able to walk to Epcot, I think as far as the resort itself goes WL just gives you a feeling of being in a different place. My DH has no desire to ever stay at the GF because he thinks it feels too stuffy. I would certainy be willing to give it a try, though! :P

And I can't wait to get to DL someday to check out the Grand Californian!

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Fri 06, 2007 10:06 am

My vote gets split between two resorts: The Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge. Love the Poly because of the great memories of staying there as a kid, and there's nothing like the smell of the Lobby in the Great Ceremonial House. I also adore the Wilderness Lodge because of the incredible theming.

What's wonderful about reading these posts is that everyone has different resorts they consider to be their "favorites." Kudos to Disney for designing such a vast array of properties that appeal to such a broad spectrum of people. There's truly something for everyone when it comes to WDW Resorts.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Apr Fri 06, 2007 12:47 pm

kgmadorin wrote:My vote gets split between two resorts: The Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge.
I completely agree.

I also love the Contemporary, but the Grand Floridian just seems like an upscale barn to me. (I wish they'd built this instead!)

The Boardwalk/YC/BC hotels are quite nice and have a great location, but they don't seem "magical" to me.

realcal
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by realcal » Apr Wed 11, 2007 8:51 am

The Grand Californian is also very true to the period style and the lodges that inspired it. You can take a tour where they point out all of the direct influences from the Arts & Crafts movement and how Disney innovated on the originals.

Nothing beats a drink from the bar, sitting in front of the giant fireplace in the lobby of the GC, rocking in the "Stickley"-inspired rocking chairs.
A very merry unbirthday to you!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Wed 11, 2007 10:37 am

My favorite that I've stayed is Port Orleans Riverside but I think the best one that I would love to stay would be Wilderness Lodge....ohhhh someday when I'm rich
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

casrin

Post by casrin » Apr Thu 12, 2007 12:12 pm

Wilderness Lodge has always been my favorite. :)

When I've been to WDW on a budget, Dixie Landings was very nice too. We had good service there, and the walk from our unit to the food court and buses wasn't too bad.

samdu
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by samdu » Apr Fri 27, 2007 7:21 pm

my family stayed at Carribean Beach and we really enjoyed it. It was just the right mix of price (given we mainly just slept there).

sgrfunk

Post by sgrfunk » Apr Sun 29, 2007 9:22 pm

I think Animal Kingdom Lodge looks pretty cool with all the animals very close by. The only one I've stayed at is the Caribbean Beach Resort. :mickey:

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » Apr Sun 29, 2007 11:40 pm

I love the Disneyland Hotel :mickey: Its older but it has sooo much history. Plus that Neverland Pool is really cool!