Best Disney Hotel?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Discomick
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Discomick » Jan Sun 27, 2008 7:38 pm

There are others nicer, but nothing says Disney like the Contemporary at WDW. How can you beat watching the Monorail ride through while your eating or shopping or whatever your doing? It never gets old. :D

TheCheshireStitch
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Jan Thu 31, 2008 12:04 am

i've stayed /visited all of the WDW hotels (except for pop century) and i'd have to say the polynesian!

it's just so pretty and beautifully themed! from the music, to the tiki torches, to the food-- everything is so polynesian!

my hubby and i honeymooned there in 2005, and have been back to stay 2 times since. i stayed there as a kid, also.

we're staying there for a few days in may! i'm so excited!
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

Sockdoodle
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by Sockdoodle » Feb Sat 23, 2008 1:02 am

I guess I'm cheap, but I LOVE All-Star Music. Probably due the great first-time memory of the resort; the first time we ever stayed there, my family and I were automatically upgraded to a family suite at check-in for no discernible reason (it apparently was not a Disney Dream giveaway, but we really appreciated the gesture!).

sallyporsche

Post by sallyporsche » Mar Mon 03, 2008 1:44 pm

My favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. It's so beautifully landscaped and feels a little secluded. We stayed there in September and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm sure we'll be staying there again. I loved getting on the boat and crusing to Downtown Disney. It just helped you be able to catch your breath and enjoy the scenery and the magic all around.

lucygilligan
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by lucygilligan » Mar Mon 03, 2008 9:02 pm

It has to be the Polynesian, hands down. The theme is wonderful, and who doesn't like going to a tropical paradise?

luv2cthemouse
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by luv2cthemouse » Mar Fri 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Grand Floridian & Port Orleans French Quarter! WOOT!!

abenjen
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by abenjen » Mar Tue 25, 2008 9:12 am

We have only been to Disney World, and only twice in our current familial state :) but we have looked at all the resorts, and taking everything into acocunt (price, atmosphere, food, amenities) we actually like Port Orleans: Riverside the best.

We love the atmosphere there, and while it is more spread out and a bit more walking we love it there! At night it is quiet and peaceful, the boat to Downtown Disney is awesome, and we have NEVER had a problem with the busses there!

The food si GREAT, even at the food court, the staff is always wonderful, and we feel like we are staying at a "high class" resort as opposed to a moderate.

jiminycricket

Post by jiminycricket » Apr Wed 23, 2008 10:41 pm

No other Disney hotel can compare to the Wilderness Lodge at WDW! Its perfect! The fire place and the rocking chairs are two of its best features! Like the person before me said,"all around cool!"

pkbabygirl
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

dixie landings

Post by pkbabygirl » Apr Thu 24, 2008 12:31 pm

I have stayed at Dixie Landings (when it was still named that) several times and loved it every time. Last time we stayed at the Carribean for a change of pace and we decided we are not going back there again, just personal preference. Next time we are going to contemporary or Polynesian so that we can use the monirail to hop over to Magic Kingdom and Epcot easily.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Tue 29, 2008 6:07 pm

I would have to say the Wilderness Lodge. This is because of all the amenities that it has to offer. The hotel is segregated which gives you that nice quiet time when you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the parks. Secondly it has the nicest cast members I have ever dealt with in my WDW travels.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » May Sun 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Boardwalk. Love the proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Also, plenty of options for food, drink and entertainment between the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club.

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » May Sun 11, 2008 8:28 pm

jiminycricket wrote:No other Disney hotel can compare to the Wilderness Lodge at WDW! Its perfect! The fire place and the rocking chairs are two of its best features! Like the person before me said,"all around cool!"
I couldn't agree more!