5-6 year gap of attractions based on movies.

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Halvogirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by Halvogirl » Oct Sun 01, 2006 4:37 pm

I agree with more contemporary rides in the park but i don't neglect anamation studios at CA. They do have Beasts libary and Ursullas Grotto, they might not be rides but Disney Probibly has considered the moves "done" now.
Personally i would love to see "The Rescuers" or "Jungle Book" in Adventureland, and "Beauty and the Beast" in Fantasyland.
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Oct Tue 03, 2006 7:59 pm

spaulo wrote:OK, so movies that are involved with attractions in at least one US park (feature-length animated films only, no attraction-to-movie conversions, and not counting show- or parade-only features (i.e. Lion King, Brother Bear))...

Snow White (1937)
Pinocchio (1940)
Dumbo (1941)
Song of the South (the animated portion, at least) (1946)
Wind in the Willows/Ichabod & Mr. Toad (1949)
Alice (1951)
Peter Pan (1953)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
Aladdin (1992)
A Bug's Life (1998)
Toy Story II (1999)
Tarzan (1999)
Monsters, Inc. (2001)
Lilo & Stitch (2002)
Finding Nemo (two known future attractions) (2003)
The Incredibles (known future attraction) (2004)

Breakdown by decade:

30s: 1
40s: 4
50s: 2
60s: 0
70s: 1
80s: 0
90s: 4
00s: 4

So really, the underrepresented time period is the 60s-80s... some memorable films from that time period...

The Little Mermaid (1989)
The Fox and the Hound (1981)
The Rescuers (1977)
The Aristocats (1970)
The Jungle Book (1967)
101 Dalmations (1961)
That's really funny how no rides were made out of the 80s film. The 80s was considered the most rockiest times for the entire Disney Company. They needed to get in touch with the young people of the time. SO Disney has to use what's popular inorder to get profit.

I mean... every girl I know LOVES Johnny Depp so if you have his character walking around the park then you'll bet millions of girls will be coming from the three corners of the earth.
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Thu 12, 2006 3:51 am

How did they miss Jungle Book? I saw a thing a few months ago which noted John Lasseter had ridden on the Jungle Cruise over and over and over, so I am waiting to hear about the new Jungle Cruise film...

I am also expecting somethign for the Chronicles of Narnia, maybe for the "Beastly Kingdom" at Animal "minimal" Kingdom
No, no... He's got a point.

Goofyman
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Goofyman » Jan Tue 23, 2007 9:49 am

I want a Little Mermaid and a B&B ride as well. They are disney classic animation not CGI. 8)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Tue 23, 2007 11:50 am

Here's my problem, instead of making a truly unique attraction Disney is using the name to bring in the lines. Look at Peter Pan, it's an old movie but because the Attraction is unique the lines are always long. This is at both parks, we had to Fast Pass Peter Pan when visiting WDW. Disney needs to put the time and money into making something not just good, but amazing and not rely on the name.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Sarah Turp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Sarah Turp » Jan Tue 23, 2007 3:11 pm

I agree with you there sub!
Disney needs to put the time and money into making something not just good, but amazing and not rely on the name.

Having said that... I liked soaring which is fairly new and very original! Although they have copied it from one park to another.
Stitch is Back!!!

soccermouse

Post by soccermouse » Jan Tue 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:OMG! A Spiderman/Curse of Darkastle type ride would be awesome for Beauty and the Beast... it could be like a ride through Beast's castle or something
In Disneyland, such a ride could fit nicely where the Village Haus restaurant is. The restaurant could be moved back and up where the Skyway loading area is. It would give us a great view of all of Fantasyland while eating.