The Disney "Zip a Dee Doo Dah Feeling"

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

foldmama
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by foldmama » Sep Fri 29, 2006 9:22 am

I get so excited as soon as I get on the tram in Orlando International and head for the main terminal. I know that it's all about to begin.

I think the most wonderful moment is when I am on Main Street. I just absolutely love Main Street and the feeling that I get whenever I am on it each and every time.

Whenever I leave the Magic Kingdom for the last time, I always look back for one last look and say goodbye to Main Street USA!

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Sep Sat 30, 2006 2:26 pm

I know what you mean Fold, As soon as you see the airports monorail and seeing the palm trees.

caligrl28
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by caligrl28 » Nov Sat 11, 2006 5:30 pm

i get that feeling right when we drive into the parking lot :D

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Nov Mon 13, 2006 10:48 am

I'm getting that feeling now! In 18 days... I'll be in DISNEY! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! Needless, to say,. I'm VERY excited! YEAH!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Nov Thu 30, 2006 3:01 pm

foldmama wrote:I get so excited as soon as I get on the tram in Orlando International and head for the main terminal. I know that it's all about to begin.
Me too! Don't they still have Jack Wagner's voice on the airport tram? I was there last fall and I am pretty sure it was still there.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Nov Thu 30, 2006 3:51 pm

I know when I'll get that feeling next... when I hear "Ladies and gentlemen, we are beginning our descent into the Anaheim area. Please return your seat backs and tray tables to the upright position. Thank you."

It'll be neat because it's been almost two years since I flew to Disneyland, and never have I actually flown in to John Wayne/Orange County Airport. Usually LAX, sometimes Long Beach.

Should be fun!
~Steve

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Thu 30, 2006 8:54 pm

It really depends. Sometimes I won't feel it until I see the actual place. As a kid, the magic awakened when I spotted the Matterhorn from the street.

But this time I got so totally excited just as the trip was confirmed. As soon as my friend told me the flights were booked, I just had this huge stupid smile on my face. But I probably won't be excited until finals are over, and FREEDOM!!
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Goofyman
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Goofyman » Jan Tue 23, 2007 9:52 am

The feeling for me is that there is nothing in the world but my wife and my kids with me and they are what I am all about. Disney is truly a magical place where families can reconnect and spend time in a world away from the conflict and negativity that is so prevalent in our world today.

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Jan Tue 30, 2007 12:01 pm

I think the feeling hits me the moment I come into Main St. after walking under the arch and I realize I am in the Happiest Place on Earth! I also get the feeling on Splash Mountain in the Zip-a-dee-doo-dah section because that is my all time favorite disneyland song!
Last edited by broncoflyer8912 on Feb Fri 09, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Jan Tue 30, 2007 12:51 pm

foldmama wrote:Whenever I leave the Magic Kingdom for the last time, I always look back for one last look and say goodbye to Main Street USA!
I did that when I was there! On my last night at WDW I went to the cast preview of the Very Merry Christmas Parade (which took place at something like midnight), and as I left, I looked back at the castle from the other end of (the empty) Main Street.. So magical :)

Andy.

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jan Tue 30, 2007 2:07 pm

foldmama wrote:Whenever I leave the Magic Kingdom for the last time, I always look back for one last look and say goodbye to Main Street USA!
Wow I do that too. On our last day we usually hop between the MK and Epcot and say good bye to the castle and Spaceship Earth.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

disneylover32
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by disneylover32 » Jan Wed 31, 2007 7:03 pm

I always get that feeling once I drive past the entrance into Disney and step into the hotel. The best feeling though is when Illuminations is playing, and just standing there gives me that great feeling everytime.

acp
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Feb Thu 01, 2007 5:09 am

Ahh yes, IllumiNations. The first fireworks show I saw at WDW :)

...and the one I saw most often :)

Andy :mickey:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Sat 03, 2007 12:42 pm

I always get that feeling once I drive past the entrance into Disney and step into the hotel. The best feeling though is when Illuminations is playing, and just standing there gives me that great feeling everytime.
Yea Illuminations is my best feeling to!! It just gives you a feeling of being content!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

realcal
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by realcal » Mar Sat 10, 2007 12:42 pm

Standing in line for the teacups and hearing the area music puts me in a place like no other. Instantly my daughters are three and four years old again and I can picture their excitement and anticipation for what is about to happen. That's my Disneyland Happy place...
A very merry unbirthday to you!