Would you donate money for a better attraction?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Oct Wed 04, 2006 7:24 pm

subsonic wrote:
rdeacon wrote:PEOPLE.....PEOPLE..... HORIZONS IS GONE... let it go... move on... see your therapist!!! :shock:
Of course, this would come from someone whos avatar is a picture of himself in front of Mission: Space. Mission:Space better be darn good when I go!
It will either be an adrena-lator or a barf-ulator for you. That is basically how it affects most people, for me the first time was a Barf-ulator. You will enjoy it SUB.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Oct Wed 04, 2006 7:28 pm

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:
subsonic wrote:
rdeacon wrote:PEOPLE.....PEOPLE..... HORIZONS IS GONE... let it go... move on... see your therapist!!! :shock:
Of course, this would come from someone whos avatar is a picture of himself in front of Mission: Space. Mission:Space better be darn good when I go!
It will either be an adrena-lator or a barf-ulator for you. That is basically how it affects most people, for me the first time was a Barf-ulator. You will enjoy it SUB.
OHHHH :o It's Sub's first heh... Just be prepared for about 15 reminders of "If you suffer any physical or mental condition that could agravate you from going on this ride PLEASE don't go on this ride!!!"
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

SpookyBear
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by SpookyBear » Oct Wed 04, 2006 10:29 pm

Just Believe wrote:
Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:
subsonic wrote: Of course, this would come from someone whos avatar is a picture of himself in front of Mission: Space. Mission:Space better be darn good when I go!
OHHHH :o It's Sub's first heh... Just be prepared for about 15 reminders of "If you suffer any physical or mental condition that could agravate you from going on this ride PLEASE don't go on this ride!!!"
Oh and also, don't let Lieutenant Dan distract you from all the safety warnings and boring backstory.

Is it weird that I found Mission Space more boring than Horizons? I've never gotten sick on Mission Space and I've ridden it multiple times. I just don't feel the need to ride it ever again even when the wait is short. It's been over a year since I've gone on it and I go to Disney often. Just kind of a forgettable experience I guess.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Wed 04, 2006 11:43 pm

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote: It will either be an adrena-lator or a barf-ulator for you. That is basically how it affects most people, for me the first time was a Barf-ulator. You will enjoy it SUB.
you just need to take a motion sickness pill, or eat a piece of ginger candy as it's now been proven to reduce the effects of motion sickness like that...

but back on track...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Oct Thu 05, 2006 9:40 am

Ginger Altoids! Eat a few of them like 20 min before-hand. And be prepared for your eyeballs to get squished into the back of your head.

It was cool when I went on in '04, but after feeling ill for a good hour afterward...... I don't think I'll go on the "Wild" side again.

Has anyone been on both the wild and mild sides? What is the difference in ride quality?
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Oct Thu 05, 2006 12:10 pm

haha i knew that post would trigger responses...

You are all a bunch of wusses!

I've been on Mission Space at least a dozen times.. all at different times of the day, and once after a full stomach when I ate around the world. IBarf bag.....barf bag.. I don't need no stinkin barf bag.

Some of you just don't have the Right Stuff!
For you babies there is the non g-force version!

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

knedeau

Post by knedeau » Oct Fri 06, 2006 7:48 am

Wusses?!?!?!? BABIES?!?!?!? I think someone is being a bit harsh..... Ok, a LOT harsh.

Do you think we have a CHOICE!?!?!?!? When I was a kid, I used to ride ALLL The rides, and not get sick AT ALL! (Even after my oldest brother had the tea cups spinning at a billion MPH) It was AWESOME! I LOVE thrill rides. But As I got older, the rides affected me differently (Maybe it was after that inner ear infection) But I get nauseous and dizzy so easily now.... and it's NOT FUN! And It's sad not being able to go on the rides you were once able to. BUT I STILL TRIED MISSION SPACE KNOWING FULL WELL THAT I MAY FEEL ILL AFTER!

HA!
Last edited by knedeau on Oct Fri 06, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Oct Fri 06, 2006 12:54 pm

Calm down people, sheesh.

Besides, we all know the real test is a couple of half yards over in the UK... THEN Mission:Space. For sheezy.
~Steve

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Oct Fri 06, 2006 4:15 pm

spaulo wrote:Calm down people, sheesh.

Besides, we all know the real test is a couple of half yards over in the UK... THEN Mission:Space. For sheezy.
For sheezy??? :D I like that new word spaulo!!!! Its "grool"!!! - meaning Great and Cool!! :lol:
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

SpookyBear

Post by SpookyBear » Oct Sun 08, 2006 6:52 pm

rdeacon wrote: I've been on Mission Space at least a dozen times.. all at different times of the day, and once after a full stomach when I ate around the world. IBarf bag.....barf bag.. I don't need no stinkin barf bag.
Same here. I just think it's a boring attraction. :wink:

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by ctrain2281 » Oct Sat 14, 2006 9:18 am

Yes, unfortunately, Mission Space didn't quite live up to the billing. But then again, if I had a dollar for everything in life that didn't live up to its billing, I'd be a billionaire.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Oct Sat 14, 2006 10:36 am

Mission space is not that bad, Miss Horizons though, rdeacon, did you go on the wussy side of the ride? LOL

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » Oct Mon 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Well this thread got way off track.

Unless an outside audit company oversaw the construction budget then giving money to make the ride better would have little effect. The people who design the rides want to make them great, but the penny pinchers reduce the toys, and if there was outside money they would just abuse it to make themselves look better for "saving" cash.

I still stand by my offer to see Pooh demolished (or replaced with the Country Bear Playouse) and the peoplemover returned and not some ill-thought-out fast moving destroyer-of-tracks "Ride".

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 17, 2006 2:55 pm

No I would not!!!!!! How are you going to get a true accounting from Disney??? Lets face it Disney doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to thier business dealings! They have a habit of not paying people and liying about the profits!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Mon 20, 2006 11:17 am

Again, point missed. If it was 100% that your money would go into the attraction would you?
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z