Special events at Disney

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:10 am

Well, I was there on the fourth and I have to say that it is something really amazing to be in. Everyone wears patriotic clothing and the parks are decorated with American flags and banners. The special fireworks throughout the entire resort just top off the most perfect day you can have at the parks!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Tue 05, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks boilerbabe. I really did have a blast at the 2008 Half. It was one of those things I always wanted to do...run through Cinderella's Castle...and I got to do it. It's very addictive though, especially when you walk around the parks with your race shirt or medal and get compliments and congrats from everyone. If you have to run 13-26 miles...what better place than WDW to get it done?

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Wed 06, 2008 10:47 am

I couldn't agree with you more theBIGyowksi, we loved walking around the parks with our medals on! We made sure to get a picture with Donald, he high fived us! :D I've been injured or haven't been able to get back to WDW in Jan. But plan to get another quacker, hopefully in 2010. Disney races are very addictive. Nothing beats running through the castle though!

Good luck! 8-)