cost of the "ears"

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

cost of the "ears"

Post by js3901 » Sep Wed 13, 2006 3:30 pm

does anyone know what cost of the basic Mickey ears with the name embroidered is? I'm speaking more towards the WDW side, if possible, but I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), the prices are fairly consistentbetween the US parks. I have a couple of people that want me to bring them back a couple sets of ears, but I need to know how much they cost (approximately) so I can gather money for them. any help will be greatly appreciated.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Wed 13, 2006 3:33 pm

ballpark $15, if memory serves
~Steve

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Wed 13, 2006 5:52 pm

15 sounds like a lot, but that's about right. I actually have a receipt from 5 and Dime, and it says 6 bux just for embroidery.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

js3901

Post by js3901 » Sep Wed 13, 2006 6:01 pm

their charging for the embroidery now? last time I was there (2002), embroidery was complimentary when you purchased the hat.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Sep Wed 13, 2006 6:41 pm

I paid $7 for my pink ears last year at WDW....... Embroidering was Free with the purchase of the hat. And they do such a good job SO Fast!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Wed 13, 2006 7:01 pm

It was my graduation Mickey Ears for the College Program, which was just given to me so maybe it's cuz I didn't have a receipt or something. *shrugs*
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Thu 14, 2006 10:10 am

ohohoh, I meant to bring this up. At Disneyland they revised the Mad Hatter on Main Street. The embroidering is now completely automated. They put the hat into a machine, type in a name, and the machine now stitches the name on the hat.

I don't know if I like this or not. There was something special and personal when someone hand made the hat for me. Hmm....
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Sep Sun 17, 2006 9:11 am

I'm not sure if I like the idea of automation. I have two different Mickey ears - one regular and one gold. They were embroidered by different people and it makes them each special.

As for the price, I believe they cost $7, and the embroidery is free. Hopefully my memory serves me correctly here. They are a fantastic souvenir!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Halvogirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by Halvogirl » Sep Sun 17, 2006 10:39 pm

At DLR. Kids Ears are like $7. Adults try $15. Embroidery is free if you have the reciept, depending on which hat stand you buy it from they will embroider it the good old fashion way by hand (Hatmosphere and Mad Hatters fantasyland) or with the new computerized one, but they take longer and are not as pretty. Want a minnie bow on it, that will be $1. :wave:
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Mon 06, 2006 10:05 pm

ok, I just tried to call down there to get prices. I first called the reservation line (only # I had), and they said they thought the prices would range from about $10 - $20 depending on the set I bought. they gave me a number for Mickey's Clothiers in MK who told me the hats cost about $9.95 (pre-tax) and the embroidery costs $2.00 (the woman thought). can anyone who has been there recently confirm this?

Site Admin, WDW Freak

DaWhoLaGn
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by DaWhoLaGn » Nov Sat 11, 2006 12:51 am

As of a year ago, I was able to get free embroidery at Sir Mickey's in fantasyland. I didn't get any ears this year, so not sure if that's changed. But I do know that it's still done by hand there. What an art!

js3901

Post by js3901 » Nov Sat 11, 2006 12:57 am

I know last time I was there (in 2002), embroidery was free and it was done in one of the places on main st for free (right near the bakery I think), so long as you had your receipt. it too was done by hand.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

knedeau

Post by knedeau » Nov Mon 13, 2006 10:13 am

Halvogirl wrote:At DLR. Kids Ears are like $7. Adults try $15. Embroidery is free if you have the reciept, depending on which hat stand you buy it from they will embroider it the good old fashion way by hand (Hatmosphere and Mad Hatters fantasyland) or with the new computerized one, but they take longer and are not as pretty. Want a minnie bow on it, that will be $1. :wave:
Thats true, my pink ears were a child's size hat. Ok, well maybe it's because I have a little head, but I thought that the Kid's hat sizes ran OOBER big.

Soooooo.....Pay no attention to the "size tag" on the hat. Try it on! If a child's hat fits, then pay the lower price! And yes, the embroidery is free (just keep your receipt)
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Dec Mon 11, 2006 9:27 pm

Wow, that's costly. Figures. I got mine for free when I was there on 5/5/05.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: cost of the "ears"

Post by MansionButler » Dec Tue 12, 2006 5:38 am

js3901 wrote:does anyone know what cost of the basic Mickey ears with the name embroidered is? I'm speaking more towards the WDW side, if possible, but I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), the prices are fairly consistentbetween the US parks. I have a couple of people that want me to bring them back a couple sets of ears, but I need to know how much they cost (approximately) so I can gather money for them. any help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm believe it's 8 dollars plus two dollars with the embroidery at the hat store on main street. I got three ears, all emroidered, while I was there.