"Cheating" on age restrictions

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

"Cheating" on age restrictions

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Sat 09, 2006 9:40 pm

So how about lying to get your kid a child's ticket when he/she is above the child's age or to obtain child pricing on dining?

Lack of integrity because of cheapness? Setting a poor example? Or just sticking it back to them since they don't have junior pricing?

Thoughts?
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Sep Sun 10, 2006 9:33 am

What abour special needs kids/adults? I think they should get in as juniors, I have a sister that is clearly special needs and she would only go on very few rides, only slow ones E.g. spaceship earth.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Sep Thu 14, 2006 1:17 pm

Well is this cheating? I had some park-hopper tickets from 2000 with 2 days left on them. When they were purchased my daughter was 5 so her ticket was a child ticket. I didn't use them until Feb 06. My daughter was 10 by then old enough to pay for an adult ticket. But I didn't offer to upgrade the child ticket to adult and no one questioned it.

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Sep Thu 14, 2006 2:52 pm

I would say no, how many rides can a 6 year old ride anyways?

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Sep Fri 15, 2006 10:26 am

MouseMan wrote:Well is this cheating? I had some park-hopper tickets from 2000 with 2 days left on them. When they were purchased my daughter was 5 so her ticket was a child ticket. I didn't use them until Feb 06. My daughter was 10 by then old enough to pay for an adult ticket. But I didn't offer to upgrade the child ticket to adult and no one questioned it.
You paid for the Ticket...... How is it cheating.... it's not like you gave the ticket to another person... She was a younger child when it was purchased... and technically.. she's still a child....so it's still good for her to use her own ticket.

;)
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Sep Sun 17, 2006 3:11 pm

Honestly, I say Disney tries to rip people off. Literally the majority of visitors at DIsneyland are the working class people who are under a limited budget. I mean, if anyone is going to deny that DIsney rips people off, take a look at prices for a water bottle or french fries. So I say, as long as they can get away with it or a child is in the age range of 10-11, I say go for it. It makes it fare.
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Sun 17, 2006 4:32 pm

Just Believe wrote:Honestly, I say Disney tries to rip people off. Literally the majority of visitors at DIsneyland are the working class people who are under a limited budget. I mean, if anyone is going to deny that DIsney rips people off, take a look at prices for a water bottle or french fries. So I say, as long as they can get away with it or a child is in the age range of 10-11, I say go for it. It makes it fare.
Same could be said for a lot of companies - so we should just all ignore rules and set our own? Don't we just have a choice of whether to go or not rather than let's stick it to the big guy? I guess I would say if you are going to nickel and dime on the kids tickets maybe you can't afford Disney in the first place.
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Sep Sun 17, 2006 7:15 pm

At Fenway its like 5 dollars for a bottle of water and 4 for a hotdog, lol

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Sep Thu 21, 2006 2:15 pm

I have a daughter who is age 11 and Autistic. we are going to DisneyWorld Oct. 6th. we purchased the dining package and purchased the adult one for her. her eating habits are limited where as she would rather eat a hot dog instead of a steak or chicken..hmm come to think of it..that doesn't sound autistic it sounds like a kid age 11 laugh. ok sorry i'm off track. I wasn't tempted to purchase the kids dining plan for her and lie about her age. Disney may be a Mega Company but that doesn't mean they don't need to make money its a business and i would hope everyone would treat my business the same.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Thu 21, 2006 2:32 pm

Croaker wrote: Disney may be a Mega Company but that doesn't mean they don't need to make money its a business and i would hope everyone would treat my business the same.
Amen. Cheating the system is like asking the karma train to come back and hit you in the ***.
www.themagicforless.com

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Thu 21, 2006 3:01 pm

Just Believe wrote:Honestly, I say Disney tries to rip people off. Literally the majority of visitors at DIsneyland are the working class people who are under a limited budget. I mean, if anyone is going to deny that DIsney rips people off, take a look at prices for a water bottle or french fries. So I say, as long as they can get away with it or a child is in the age range of 10-11, I say go for it. It makes it fare.
When you compare what you get in a day at Disney vs. a day at, say, a baseball or NFL game, the value is tremendously better at Disney. Water at Monster Park (where my 49ers play) is $5/bottle, and garlic fries are $6. Tickets for even half-decent seats are $75 each. So for a family of four to get in to a 3-hour football game would cost $300, whereas that same family (say with one "child" and three "adults") would spend $242 to get in to a whole day at Disneyland... and that's if they pay full price for a one-day, one-park ticket (who the heck does that, anyway). And that $2.75 bottle of water is a little more than half what it would have been at the football game.

Disney is one helluva deal.
~Steve

sockfire

Post by sockfire » Sep Fri 22, 2006 12:49 am

Prices can get a whole lot higher than they are right now. At least they aren't trying to overfeed us by making everything super-sized.

knedeau

Post by knedeau » Sep Fri 22, 2006 8:36 am

spaulo wrote:
Just Believe wrote: Honestly, I say Disney tries to rip people off. Literally the majority of visitors at DIsneyland are the working class people who are under a limited budget. I mean, if anyone is going to deny that DIsney rips people off, take a look at prices for a water bottle or french fries. So I say, as long as they can get away with it or a child is in the age range of 10-11, I say go for it. It makes it fare.
When you compare what you get in a day at Disney vs. a day at, say, a baseball or NFL game, the value is tremendously better at Disney. Water at Monster Park (where my 49ers play) is $5/bottle, and garlic fries are $6. Tickets for even half-decent seats are $75 each. So for a family of four to get in to a 3-hour football game would cost $300, whereas that same family (say with one "child" and three "adults") would spend $242 to get in to a whole day at Disneyland... and that's if they pay full price for a one-day, one-park ticket (who the heck does that, anyway). And that $2.75 bottle of water is a little more than half what it would have been at the football game.

Disney is one helluva deal.
I Agree Wholeheartedly. What people don't take into account is what you're paying for that you DON'T See... but what you get to enjoy anyway.

Have you ever noticed how CLEAN the Disney Properties were? Or how many fountains and water features they have? What about all the Transportation you are provided? People are so quick to complain about the prices.. but don't take into account that your ticket price and food prices in the parks pays for ALL the employees (the Janitors, Drivers, accountants, Medical personnel, etc.) , the electricity, the taxes on the land, the transportation, the upkeep of the rides and keeping them safe to ride, the INSURANCE, and all the other little and not so little costs it takes to run a place like that, and run it so SMOOTHLY so you don't HAVE to see or even think about all that other stuff.

It's true that not everyone can afford to go once or twice a year.. But It's not the Disney Co.'s fault. I agree that it can get expensive... but I go because it's worth the money to me. And If I can go spend a week in Disney... it's time and money well spent in my book. Why should people blame Disney for doing what they have to do to make ends meet? They are not doing it to "Rip" them off. Oh...... and it's the people who lie about the age restrictions and break the rules who ultimately "Rip people off". Who do you think has to pickup that extra cost when they raise their ticket prices?
Last edited by knedeau on Sep Fri 22, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Sep Fri 22, 2006 10:27 am

you realize if we all (everybody that is on this forum) chips in $100 it would pay for a full weeks worth of fun at any Disney Resort in the World. question is....who would benefit...well i think if we take turns it will work and everyone will be able to enjoy this wonderfull week. Here's how it works...... :wink: Starting October send the person on the top of the list $20 every month for 5 months.. at the end of 10 months the person on the top goes on their Vacation then they send in pictures and then the rotation happens where the person on the top moves to the back of the line and the next person moves up and we all send in $20 a month to that person till they get their vacation! Whats $20 a month? thats not even enough to eat out on...so lets be kind and share!

since this was my idea....i will reluctantly take the top position (to get it out of the way) and as a first come first serve ranking we will line up by who posts next etc..

This will be so sweet! an everyone win's situation! Now before you think you want to sign up quickly...remember with technology advancing the lower you are on the list...the better your vacation will be....imagine those who went to WDW in 1975 vs those in 2005!

To those who think i'm serious...send me a deposit of $500 to sign up...for those that think this is a joke...well you still can send me money. :D

no animals have been harmed in the typing of this joke.

knedeau

Post by knedeau » Sep Fri 22, 2006 10:51 am

HEHEHEH....... Sign me up! Do you take Monopoly money?