"Cheating" on height restrictions

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jun Thu 21, 2007 4:48 pm

subsonic wrote:That's definitely the case. Parents now buy kids Annual Passes and drop them off for the day. You should see the drop off/pick up area near closing. Disneyland has gotten too busy year round. Wait, what's this have to do with Cheating on height restrictions? :) Oh well, bad Subsonic!

oops my bad...perhaps we can call it a "SUB"topic. you should have rdeacon work on a program that automatically kicks threads into their own post if they get off topic...kinda like a spellcheck.

and to bring this subject back on track...we cheated height restrictions once with our daughters...tower of doom at Elitch Gardens Denver...very stupid move...the one daughter almost slipped out of the harness and my wife had to hang onto her....please learn from my stupidity and luckily we didn't read about it in the papers.

linda1195
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by linda1195 » Aug Thu 30, 2007 2:29 pm

We have a similar set up at Canada's Wonderland that the previous writer mentioned about Cedar Point. At the entrance to the park, kids can get measured and are given wristbands to denote which rides they can get on so no additional check is required at the ride. If the parents know up-front that junior is too little for Space Mountain, they can avoid that ride altogether to prevent histrionics outside the ride entrance - boy have i seen some doozies.[/quote]

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Aug Fri 31, 2007 7:53 am

Canada's Wonderland - somewhere else I want to get to... someday. :mickey:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Hypermommy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Fri 31, 2007 11:05 am

linda1195 wrote:We have a similar set up at Canada's Wonderland that the previous writer mentioned about Cedar Point. At the entrance to the park, kids can get measured and are given wristbands to denote which rides they can get on so no additional check is required at the ride. If the parents know up-front that junior is too little for Space Mountain, they can avoid that ride altogether to prevent histrionics outside the ride entrance - boy have i seen some doozies.
[/quote]

That's a great idea! I'd love to see something like that implemented at WDW.

I remember years ago before my eldest was taller than me. He desperately wanted to ride something called the Double Shot at Wild Adventures. It's one of those things where they strap you into a seat along with several other folks around this big pole and then shoot you straight up a couple of times. Kind of a revers ToT. Anyway.... we didn't cheat on the height requirement or anything but I was nervous as all getout becuase he just did measure up. I mean, if I'd given that boy a crewcut he wouldn't have made it. But I let him go becuase I knew that the insurance companies probably have some sort of padding in there ... at least just a bit.... to cover this type of situation. But I was scared to death!
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]