Laundry?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Do you take advantage of the laundry facilities while staying at a Disney resort?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 91

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Apr Mon 27, 2009 8:14 pm

When I go to wdw for 10 days and 9 nights :ccat: I always stay at a vacation club home :wave: I always try to get a room with washers and dryiers so I can do the laundry and go home and just put my close away :figment: I'm already tired when I get home from vacation and then to think of doing laundry :( no way not for me :goofy_bounce:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

:0

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Mon 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Depends on the length I stay! I recycle clothes anyway two or three uses out of shorts to lighten the load, for all the souviours that are bought!
:donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

napastoy
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by napastoy » Apr Mon 27, 2009 10:27 pm

SimonTemplar wrote:The only time we do is when we stay at one of the "Home Away From Home" resorts, because the washer/dryer is in your room.
Same here. If we stay at Key West, we use them because they are right there and it doesn't get anymore convenient. Otherwise, we make do or go and buy something if we really need it. :wink:
"“Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Aug Sat 22, 2009 12:06 am

We do but only the night before we leave. When we get back we just put everything away.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

rknrlrcstr

Post by rknrlrcstr » Aug Sat 22, 2009 7:49 am

My usual stay is about 9 nights, so I do laundry at least once. I would try to make it a "down" day. One where you just chill by the pool for a half of a day instead of running around trying to see everything. It also makes it a bit easier once I get back home with some of the laundry done already.

And now, taking into consideration what some airlines (not Southwest though) are charging for baggage, if you are on an extended vacation you just can't take it all.

But believe me, I can fully understand those who feel as though a vacation should not be the time to do regular chores. It is a vacation after all. It's just sometimes the dirty laundry has to be cleaned.
Are we there yet? When can we go back?

I don't know what's worse, the anticipation of going or the withdrawals after getting home.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sun 23, 2009 7:11 pm

We did laundry during our stay at the FW cabins but otherwise.... no.

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Aug Mon 24, 2009 10:55 am

We usually do laundry midweek on a typical 8 night stay. It means not having to worry so much about doing laundry when we get back to reality, since some of the clothes are still clean. Plus, small children are messy, and who wants to pack dirty clothes covered in ice cream!

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Mon 24, 2009 1:20 pm

I do a little laundry, I can't pack 14 pairs of shorts in my suitcase, it ends up weighing too much and then I don't have room for the important stuff, souvenirs! Woohoo! :mrgreen:

rknrlrcstr

Post by rknrlrcstr » Aug Tue 25, 2009 9:54 am

I usually pack a second bag specifically for bring home souvenirs.
Are we there yet? When can we go back?

I don't know what's worse, the anticipation of going or the withdrawals after getting home.

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Aug Sat 29, 2009 12:37 am

Um, I normally have a second bag, which is also filled with the essentials... clothes, shoes, etc. I just haven't learned to pack light...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sat 29, 2009 11:16 pm

hockeygirl wrote:Um, I normally have a second bag, which is also filled with the essentials... clothes, shoes, etc. I just haven't learned to pack light...

You're as bad as me. :D

Last summer, when we stayed at FW, I think I packed every t-shirt I own for a week-long stay. I own about forty t-shirts. :shock:

pixiesparkles

Post by pixiesparkles » Sep Mon 21, 2009 9:29 am

No way....takes too much time away from Disney fun.

timekeeper

Post by timekeeper » Sep Tue 22, 2009 8:06 am

I never had until this past trip. We were there for 11 days and I paying for all those suitcases!!!!

We did it at ASMU by the quiet pool, it worked great! We started it and swam for the afternoon, it wasnt too expensive, alot less than $25 a bag!

stunrut
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by stunrut » Dec Thu 31, 2009 7:33 pm

We try for longer visits and doing a load or two of laundry saves a lot of room in the car. It's also nice to go home with clean laundry and not have to do it right away upon returning home.

btharvey
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by btharvey » Jan Fri 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, we stay at Ft. Wilderness, for usually at least 7 nights, so you better believe it. Our trailer doesn't have _that_ much storage.
--
B. T. Harvey
Leonardtown, MD USA
Periodically Trailering to Fort Wilderness