Filming at the parks

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Sep Sun 10, 2006 12:10 am

Thanks to my brother a couple years ago he filmed the Hall of Presidents. And I will have to say that without any lighting it turned out pretty good. :mickey:

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Sep Sun 10, 2006 9:38 am

I film everything! I have noticed censors all over the parks, @ ALL the parks. They appear as a small flashing red light, both on the rides and outside. Pal Mickey gets activated by these censors. They activate certain functions on the actractions as well. I use my night vision alot. I had no idea I was doing wrong. No one every told me not to use the night vison. They have said not to use any external lighting or a flash.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Mon 11, 2006 10:26 am

ericpabear wrote:I use my night vision alot. I had no idea I was doing wrong. No one every told me not to use the night vison. They have said not to use any external lighting or a flash.
It's a problem with using the infrared light not nightvision by itself. Are you using the infrared light?
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Sep Mon 11, 2006 6:38 pm

OH! No sir, it's not infrared. Thanks, I feel better now. I was imagining cast members calling me names behind my back for useing nightvision.

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by ctrain2281 » Oct Wed 11, 2006 5:12 am

I haven't tried filming yet with my digital camera; however, I certainly wouldn't mind recording a few attractions that I like to reminisce about.

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » Oct Wed 25, 2006 3:39 pm

Ok so I read a lot of the posts and this has cleared some things up for me because I used my new Apitec camera ( SWEET item by the way ) to film the Pirates of the
Caribbean waterfall they set up in the new ride. Didn't turn out too well though... partially because I was nervous of what CM might have said so it only lasted a few seconds :) but yeah I am an avid film maker so I like to take video on my vacations... especially to Disney... any other suggestions on how I can film rides? Because there are some rides I really have wanted to film just never had the guts to... ( Tower of Terror :cry: ) :)

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Thu 26, 2006 10:18 am

I think a lot depends on what equipment you're using.

We have a prosumer level Canon GL-1 digital camcorder that does very well in low light, yet is small enough to not look "professional." I think it would do well, although you wouldn't want to use it in any situation where it would be dropped, of course.

It also has a setting to turn off the red light to show you're taping. You wouldn't want to use the pop out screen though since the light from it could bother others.

BTW, we actually use it to make local television programs:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=% ... g+Media%22
No, no... He's got a point.

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » Oct Thu 26, 2006 11:39 am

Hmm well then I have to use another camera cause the only way this little hand held turns on is if you flip out the LCD :( Oh well I have 2 JVC camcorders at home they are just a bit bulky is all... hmm... wonder if Best Buy has anything better?

MM137

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Thu 26, 2006 11:55 am

FWIW, keep an eye on http://bhphotovideo.com/

They rule. :)

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » Oct Thu 26, 2006 11:59 am

WOW Kronk... You rule I've been looking for a site like this to buy new film equiptment and lighting for my crew :) Thanks :mrgreen: Wooo... ok so... which one to choose? lol

MM137

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Thu 26, 2006 12:02 pm

Moviemaker137 wrote:WOW Kronk... You rule I've been looking for a site like this to buy new film equiptment and lighting for my crew :) Thanks :mrgreen: Wooo... ok so... which one to choose? lol

MM137
Yes, that's the problem with the site, all right. :lol: Thanks!

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » Oct Thu 26, 2006 12:10 pm

Ok Ive made like 9 decisions... now just have to see which one the others will like :) :mrgreen: Yep Im emensely happy now... I have a place to buy my cameras and they are cheaper than most direct sites like Sony or Best Buy Wooo!!

MM137

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Thu 26, 2006 12:13 pm

What kinds of video are you doing? URL?

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » Oct Thu 26, 2006 12:16 pm

No... Im actually a college student trying to get better film equipment for my camera crew. I am looking to make some video reels for a college portfolio as well as possibly do some stuff for local film festivals :)

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Thu 26, 2006 12:25 pm

Great! I worked with FSU Film School for several years. My $0.02 worth: Go with the documentaries, cheaper and often more compelling than narrative. Just find a strange person(s) and ask them what & why...

Maybe you could do a documentary on strange people who listen to Disney park audio day and night... If you could find anyone that strange... :wink: