Things you shouldn't have done at the parks...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Things you shouldn't have done at the parks...

Post by subsonic » Jul Wed 19, 2006 11:28 am

I want to know what "illegal" activites you might have done at the parks.

Like:
Jumping out of the boat in POTC
Standing up on a rollercoaster
Sneaking backstage

I've been busted two times while at Disneyland.

One time I was caught spitting off the Skyway. I was a kid and it was stupid of me. They saw our spittle on the bupper rail. Basically they repremended us but let us go.

Another time was a scavenger hunt. One requirement was to get a part of a ride. I reached out and grabbed a piece of fake moss from Haunted Mansion but decided to put it back. While on Thunder a CM asked to see our list and gave us a railroad spike. Later that day security stopped us while exiting the skyway (I guess that's a good place to catch people). They took us to their "jail" which is just white holding rooms. They talked to us individually, after about 30 minutes they let us go. It was cool to see backstage.
Last edited by subsonic on Jul Mon 24, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jul Wed 19, 2006 3:59 pm

I've never really done anything to warrant being detained I don't think.

But there's actually a jail? I kind of figured they had holding rooms and stuff but I've always wondered what they do with troublemakers. I thought if it was actually a crime they called the sheriff and if it was just general misbehavior they booted you out of the park.

BTW is this a new forum section??

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jul Wed 19, 2006 6:27 pm

I haven't but last time I was out in DL a woman was being questioned by the coke store about shop lifting some merch from a store. They found whatever it was in her stroller, she was saying she can't control what her kid did in the store. But I got a look at what was "stolen" and it was a hat. I went up to the store a few minutes later, as I was leaving the park anyway (I always buy stuff on the way out), and the hats were all up high.

It was one of the pink mickey ear hats, and they were on top of the one of the merch kiosks. Of course I didn't see the "theft" personally but I figured she was lying. I know how advanced Disney's security systems are because I have a interest in such things, I have a side business of installing them for people, aswell as many other businesses.

And thanks Sub for adding this new category to the forums. Hopefully this will eliminate cross posting.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Wed 19, 2006 7:05 pm

My DW and I got busted for smoking several time, years ago when we smoked. One time we we're told we were in a non-smoking area by a woman changing a poopy diaper on a table in the MGM Toy Story Pizza Planet outside table area. She couldn't understand when the CM told her that people were going to eat on that table and it was wrong she changed a diaper there. She gave a lame but they're smoking! We put our cigs out and she still had POOP on the table!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Wed 19, 2006 7:31 pm

HAHA! "poop" is a funny word. But that's just nasty!
~Steve

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jul Thu 20, 2006 7:50 am

I've never been busted for anything but I had no idea Sub was such a rebel Image
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by skipper » Jul Thu 20, 2006 2:00 pm

I have never been busted but, once we were waiting to get on the pirates ride and all of a sudden all kinds of Disneyland police showed up and the cast members were all pointing to a boat that was just finishing the ride, one cast member that watches the cameras pointed and yelled down "thats them the whole boat" and when they pulled up to the dock the Disneyland police took all of them with them quickly. We never found out what it was they did but, that was the first time we ever saw that many police and I have never seen them actually take people away.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jul Thu 20, 2006 2:50 pm

No, but as a CM, I busted people for smoking and littering. It's fun to come up with ways to subtlely tell people they were caught littering without really insulting them.

The poopy diaper things happen in the weirdest places. :roll:
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Jul Thu 20, 2006 3:10 pm

Wow, I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for people changing poopy diapers from now on to make sre I don't see it happening anywhere near where I'm eating. That would prolly make me lose my appetite.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

skipper

Post by skipper » Jul Thu 20, 2006 5:11 pm

Yes the poopy diaper thing is something I never thought about. Makes you want to wipe the tables down with a handy wipe before you eat. This is something I will keep my eye out for from now on. :shock:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jul Thu 20, 2006 5:31 pm

I'm going to wipe down the tables from now on anyways.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jul Thu 20, 2006 6:39 pm

js3901 wrote:I'm going to wipe down the tables from now on anyways.
You might also want to re-think resting your arm, or hand up against the top of a trash can too. I hear people like to change their babies diapers on top of those, nevermind the fact that there's probably a restroom with a diaper change not 20 feet away.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

troublemakers

Post by sockfire » Jul Thu 20, 2006 6:43 pm

I think we (Sub & I) have caused quite a bit of trouble and gotten away with almost all of it.

Some highlights:

* Assorted laser pen antics
* Flashlights on dark rides
* Blocking out all the lights in the tunnel on Tom Sawyer's Island
* Unscrewing the lightbulbs in the lights in the Indiana Jones queue just enough for them to turn off (once one came loose and broke on the ground, we ran, thank god for fast moving fastpass lines)

I think Sub can add to this list with stuff he's done without me too.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Jul Thu 20, 2006 7:43 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:
js3901 wrote:I'm going to wipe down the tables from now on anyways.
You might also want to re-think resting your arm, or hand up against the top of a trash can too. I hear people like to change their babies diapers on top of those, nevermind the fact that there's probably a restroom with a diaper change not 20 feet away.
I have enough sense not to do that anyways. Usually, there's a bench or something near the restrooms or anywhere I'd be waiting for someone to finish something, so I wouldn;t be leaning against anything...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Thu 20, 2006 7:56 pm

You don't understand: We were in the far conner of the courtyard and she got upset bcause we were smoking outside. We were away from everybody, She sent her husband to get a CM (with out saying a word to us) and started changing her child!! She just didn't understand why it was wrong to change a diaper on a table!! Sha said she did it all the time!!!!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage