Things you shouldn't have done at the parks...

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Oct Wed 04, 2006 8:03 am

Sub you rebel! haha

Think the worse thing I did in WDW was to park at the Poly just to catch the monorail to go see the spectromagic and the fireworks. Just told the guard we were going to eat in the restaurant...

i'm such a goodie goodie.... lol

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by ctrain2281 » Oct Wed 11, 2006 4:09 pm

Can't think of anything overly bad that I did as a kid. I'm sure I did silly kid stuff like walk on grass when I shouldn't have and such but then again, what kid hasn't! :mickey:

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Oct Wed 11, 2006 5:36 pm

Didn't you pick some of the flowers or something like that?

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Thu 12, 2006 3:40 am

Never busted but:

When I was 11, a friend spit on Madame Leota's face on HM. The ride got held up later while they cleaned up. It was a long way to spit. In the sixth grade, this was the stuff of legend. And hey, here I am still telling the tale.

And then there was the time when, as a teen once on Thunder Mountain, a friend stood on top of the head rests while going up hill, trying to grab a bat. Couldn't reach them. I was yelling at him to get down, and he eventually did, and didn't die. Idiot.

:roll:
Last edited by kronk's angel on Oct Fri 13, 2006 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
No, no... He's got a point.

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Oct Thu 12, 2006 4:39 pm

Yah standing on Thundermoutain is how most people buy it on that ride.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Oct Thu 12, 2006 6:37 pm

kronk's angel wrote:Never busted but:

When I was 11, a friend spit on Madame Theoda's face on HM. The ride got held up later while they cleaned up. It was a long way to spit. In the sixth grade, this was the stuff of legend. And hey, here I am still telling the tale.

Interesting story. Although I dont approve of that, it's kinda neat. I mean, to spit all that way.

Jeez, people just gotta touch and leave their mark on everything!
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Fri 13, 2006 3:20 am

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:
kronk's angel wrote:Never busted but:

When I was 11, a friend spit on Madame Theoda's face on HM. The ride got held up later while they cleaned up. It was a long way to spit. In the sixth grade, this was the stuff of legend. And hey, here I am still telling the tale.

Interesting story. Although I dont approve of that, it's kinda neat. I mean, to spit all that way.

Jeez, people just gotta touch and leave their mark on everything!
Yes, for 11 year old boys, it just doesn't get better than that. I think that was the sentiment, along with being frightened but not wanting to show that he/we were. I was petrified of the ride before that moment. But after, it was all fun. A little humor goes a long way, I guess.

And he definitely left his mark. And, at least it could be cleaned off vs. grafitti.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Oct Sun 15, 2006 2:58 am

eaten at Sci-Fi diner. ugh. give me chicken strips or a hot dog. better service at a counter too!
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

DaWhoLaGn
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by DaWhoLaGn » Oct Sat 28, 2006 10:17 pm

1994. I was a senior in high school. I had a ticket to the park but showed up near the end of the fireworks. My friend I were there for a week and we used to sit on the Main St curb at closing time to catch a glimpse of all the girls walking out. Pretty cool, eh! :lol:

Anyways, we showed up a little later that night and were denied access. Well, just to the side of the entrance the fences were pretty low at the time. I think they were the portable fences. Can't remember exactly due to the excitement if the moment. My friend and I barely had to hop over them. We apparently were quick enough to blend into the mess of people who were already on their way out. To this day I can't believe I was A: Stupid B: Brave enough to perform such a stunt.

Oh well. I had a ticket and the babes were on the other side! 8)

Agosaol Brythwich
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Agosaol Brythwich » Nov Thu 02, 2006 3:20 am

Not sure if this would count or not (don't know if I would consider it less than moral), but:

Was at Universe of Energy, during the pre-show (do miss the Radok), when a guy comes up to me, more than a bit nervous, and says: "Are you in charge here?"

Didn't answer yes or no. Just said: "How can I be of assistance?"

The man tells me he went on UoE because he got separated from his family at the entrance of Test Track. How long is this ride? "Well, sir, between the pre-show, ride, and finale, Universe runs about 40 minutes."

He starts panicking, about how his family was about halfway in line at Test Track before his phone died. "Can I get off this ride?" (At this point, we were getting pushed forward by the crowd trying to get onto the solar-powered cars.)

"Not a problem." Got through the crowd, got him over to Test Track, showed him the single rider line so he might close the gap. Thought that was that. Turned out he and his family ended up on the same car (nice bit of serendipity). The fellow asked me my name so he could give his compliments to whoever was in charge. Told him I was Agosaol. Then they bolted before I could tell them... well, I'm not really employed by Disney.

I later asked Dad (met him afterward in town) why he thought I was personnel. "Well, son, not many people go to Disney World in a dress shirt, slacks, and a tie. You probably stuck out like a sore thumb among the tourist gear."

Hey, I don't have the patience to change from my office clothes before leaving at noon. Means less time at the parks. Thank goodness it's not as severe to impersonate a cast member than it is the police. :wink:

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Nov Thu 02, 2006 11:52 am

Thats funny, Thats happend to me, not at Disney, but after I tell the person, I say to myself, Gee do I look like an employee?

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Food

Post by soccermouse » Nov Thu 02, 2006 5:40 pm

We pack in most of our own food. We get some funny looks from security when they see our sandwiches, Pringle cans, etc. We have only had one person give us a really bad time. We promised to put it in a locker (lie, sorry). We are also always eatting in line and get some dirty looks from other guests.

kronk's angel

Re: Food

Post by kronk's angel » Nov Thu 02, 2006 9:02 pm

soccermouse wrote:We pack in most of our own food. We get some funny looks from security when they see our sandwiches, Pringle cans, etc. We have only had one person give us a really bad time. We promised to put it in a locker (lie, sorry). We are also always eatting in line and get some dirty looks from other guests.
When in Cali, we get some nuts & snacks from Trader Joes. When you're munching macadamias, people aren't looking dirty, :evil: they're envious! :mickey2:

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Nov Sat 04, 2006 10:46 pm

csquare77 wrote:Thats funny, Thats happend to me, not at Disney, but after I tell the person, I say to myself, Gee do I look like an employee?
I get that at almost every store I have ever shopped at, while in my normal street clothes. I have even gotten that at Best Buy when I was helping my friend get a new stereo, I wasn't even wearing blue except my jeans.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

Keokagal
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Keokagal » Mar Thu 08, 2007 4:19 pm

Smoochin w DH in the tunnel on TSIsl. :oops: It's really quiet and secluded in there :shock:
Peace and Good Health,
Debbie