What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jan Fri 14, 2005 1:19 pm

I always run into a slowdown on HM or Spaceship Earth but never for more than 5 mins or so.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

Disneylad

Post by Disneylad » Jan Wed 26, 2005 11:07 pm

Evacuated by ladder from Peter Pan's Flight... that's the only time for me.

maliboomer

Post by maliboomer » Feb Thu 03, 2005 10:27 pm

Once on Indiana Jones Adveture midway through the boulder scene. They turned on all the lights and behing the boulder is a amazinly huge warehouse and I saw how the 'under boulder' part worked.

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

Post by kronk's angel » Feb Sun 06, 2005 6:57 am

amychester wrote:I went to Guest Services and complained (it was so hot in that room!) and we got comped day passes.
No way! I waited over an hour to do a baby swap for Test track, then another 15 mins to get up to the cars, when it broke down. Last day of vacation. Bummer.
No, no... He's got a point.

jpsevil
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by jpsevil » Feb Mon 07, 2005 5:52 pm

Test Track always seems to break down when I ride for me as well. I don't think I've ever ridden it when it has worked properly from start to finish. I'm sure a lot of people have had a very similar experience though.

RiaLucia
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by RiaLucia » Feb Mon 07, 2005 6:55 pm

The two that stand out in my mind are Splash and the Haunted Mansion. Both times it was great having such delays during the ride because they're two of my favorites, but the experience I had at the Haunted Mansion was especially groovy because one of the stops happened right in front of the ballroom, my favorite scene.

jpsevil

Post by jpsevil » Feb Mon 07, 2005 6:58 pm

RiaLucia wrote:The two that stand out in my mind are Splash and the Haunted Mansion. Both times it was great having such delays during the ride because they're two of my favorites, but the experience I had at the Haunted Mansion was especially groovy because one of the stops happened right in front of the ballroom, my favorite scene.
I guess delays and stops can be a good thing! Test Track never seems to be a good thing, though...haha I usually don't mind getting stopped on Spaceship Earth either, unless it is when you're turned around moving backwards...yikes

Pluto

Post by Pluto » Feb Tue 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Once in The Haunted Mansion in the Seance room for about 15 min. and several times in TPOC at the jail scene with the dog holding the keys..... "Here boy, Here boy...". Probably only exit delays.

kronk's angel

Post by kronk's angel » Feb Tue 08, 2005 6:44 pm

jpsevil wrote:
RiaLucia wrote:I usually don't mind getting stopped on Spaceship Earth either, unless it is when you're turned around moving backwards...yikes
That happened to us! I thought it was sort of relaxing, but the kids were freaking out...

Very brief though.
No, no... He's got a point.

Cratster15

Post by Cratster15 » Mar Wed 09, 2005 11:26 pm

i have gotten stuck on test track once. the worst part was that we were stuck for about an hour.

RiaLucia
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by RiaLucia » Mar Thu 10, 2005 3:02 pm

Cratster15 wrote:i have gotten stuck on test track once. the worst part was that we were stuck for about an hour.

That's why Test Track is all hype. I've only actually been on it 3 times, and while I do have fun on it, I'd much rather do Mission: Space any day. 8)

crustyjeep
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

stuck on pooh

Post by crustyjeep » Mar Sat 12, 2005 8:01 pm

Got stuck on Winnie the Pooh for about 10 minutes. Wasn't bad untill my two year old decided he wanted off and started trying to crawl out of the buggy
chris

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Mon 14, 2005 11:38 am

I've had problems with that when working on Space Mountian. People trying to get out of their seats during a breakdown. It was usually a frightened child. They need to stay in because we usually push the rockets down from the break zones.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

jpsevil

Post by jpsevil » Mar Tue 15, 2005 2:10 am

I once was stuck on Tower of Terror for about 15 min. The entire ride worked properly until we were loaded into drop position. The ride then stopped. We didn't drop. The lights came on and we kept hearing "Please remain seated -- this ride will resume at any time" or whatever the canned message was. People were getting a little antsy. We were then dropped with the lights on, which was actually cool. They let us get right back on if we wanted. Most people turned down the second chance, especially when they found out that they had to ride in a real elevator to get back to the original loading area! :D

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 15, 2005 11:43 am

I would so ride again. That's freaky to know you're above nothing while the ride was stopped :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z