What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

Post by Goofyfan » May Sun 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Only ride that we have every been evacuated from is the people mover. We were in Space Mountain. These things happen. It was fun and the CM's treated us like gold. :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Goofyfan wrote:Only ride that we have every been evacuated from is the people mover. We were in Space Mountain. These things happen. It was fun and the CM's treated us like gold. :D :goofy:
How far along the track did you get to walk and see?

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » May Fri 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Amy wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:Only ride that we have every been evacuated from is the people mover. We were in Space Mountain. These things happen. It was fun and the CM's treated us like gold. :D :goofy:

We walked about 100 yards down the track and they took us down a flight of stairs. My wife has limited walking ability and they removed us last. The CM's had a wheel chair waiting at the bottom of the stairs. They treated us like royalty. also gave us a handfull of fast passes. :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 24, 2014 8:22 am

Goofyfan wrote:
Amy wrote:

We walked about 100 yards down the track and they took us down a flight of stairs. My wife has limited walking ability and they removed us last. The CM's had a wheel chair waiting at the bottom of the stairs. They treated us like royalty. also gave us a handfull of fast passes. :D :goofy:
Regardless of how many people seem to complain about the disability access at WDW, I believe they are very helpful! Glad to know they took such good care of y'all!

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » May Sun 25, 2014 7:08 am

Thanks Amy. The CM's were soooo helpful, I kind of felt a little emabarassed that they fussed over my wife the way they did. Looooove Disney!!! :D

celtsfn33
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by celtsfn33 » Sep Wed 17, 2014 9:29 am

I must be lucky, I have yet to get stuck on a ride. Watch, now that I say that, on our next trip, I'll be stuck on every ride. :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 17, 2014 4:57 pm

celtsfn33 wrote:I must be lucky, I have yet to get stuck on a ride. Watch, now that I say that, on our next trip, I'll be stuck on every ride. :)
:lol: It's sort of fun if you get to see an attraction with the lights on, or even get to be evacuated off and see some of the attraction up closer than normal, but only if you have lots of time. Otherwise it kind of stinks to be stuck and spend time doing that rather than seeing and doing more!

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Marty Moose » Oct Wed 08, 2014 11:29 am

We got stuck on the Disneyland Splash Mountain just around the corner from the unload zone. We ended up listening to Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah for 25 minutes before being evacuated. At that point, I would have gladly listened to It's a Small World.
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Marty Moose wrote:We got stuck on the Disneyland Splash Mountain just around the corner from the unload zone. We ended up listening to Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah for 25 minutes before being evacuated. At that point, I would have gladly listened to It's a Small World.
:lol: I have a student who just learned how to play It's a Small World on the piano and told me today she dreams of going to DL or WDW to see the attraction in person so she can hear the song. I told her she would love it as she could hear about 10 minutes of the song during the boat ride. Her eyes got real wide and she said, "It's a boat ride too?!" I hope her parents can take her soon before that enthusiasm dies away :lol:

grimmghosts96
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by grimmghosts96 » Jan Sat 24, 2015 12:42 pm

I've been stuck on:

- Haunted Mansion
- Splash Mountain
- Test Track
- PotC
- Universe of Energy

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 24, 2015 7:40 pm

grimmghosts96 wrote:I've been stuck on:

- Haunted Mansion
- Splash Mountain
- Test Track
- PotC
- Universe of Energy
Ever had to be evacuated off off of them as well, or just stuck?

grimmghosts96

Post by grimmghosts96 » Jan Mon 26, 2015 4:07 pm

I actually got evacuated off of Test Track. I remember thinking it was awkward walking behind-the-scenes.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jan Wed 28, 2015 12:07 pm

I've previously shared my experiences of being evacuated off Splash Mountain and Primeval Whirl. Fortunately no evacuations on our last trip, but we did get stuck on Test Track for a while.

The ride suddenly stopped just before the quick hills/turns segment. After sitting for several minutes, the cars moved a few feet and abruptly stopped again. Several more minutes of waiting passed before the ride started moving again, but it took time for everything to get back on track, so we went through the entire turns section at a snail's pace. I was disappointed because that is my favorite part.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:I've previously shared my experiences of being evacuated off Splash Mountain and Primeval Whirl. Fortunately no evacuations on our last trip, but we did get stuck on Test Track for a while.

The ride suddenly stopped just before the quick hills/turns segment. After sitting for several minutes, the cars moved a few feet and abruptly stopped again. Several more minutes of waiting passed before the ride started moving again, but it took time for everything to get back on track, so we went through the entire turns section at a snail's pace. I was disappointed because that is my favorite part.
That's a bummer. Didn't they offer you a FP for a return ride?

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jan Wed 28, 2015 10:47 pm

No, they didn't. I was hoping they might just send our cars around for another loop, but they unloaded everyone as though nothing had happened. It was near or shortly after park closing and I think they were trying to hurry everyone through so they could be done for the night. I thought about talking to a CM, but since we were near the end of our trip and weren't planning on returning to Epcot again, I decided not to worry about it.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!